Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

I would like to throw my support to stop censoring the game. I personally do not feel that the topics, subjects and material within the game including the story, is problematic enough to warrant such censorship on outfits and defeat the story.

Not that this adds things to the conversation. But I highly.....highly doubt that Japan "hated" episode 4 considering PSO2 is 100% purely for the Japanese market. Anyone from NA that's speaking as if JP HATED episode 4 I'm going to assume is full of it and simply English speaking people that were playing on the JP client through whatever translation was used.

@Lintaur Yeah. I also wouldn't say "hated", but since American shows and games can be totally hated by Americans, even if done specifically towards that demographic, I can safely assume not everything coming from Japanese hands will be embraced like the next piece of historic art by the Japanese people.

An example. Where I live, I abhor a lot of local made media, even though it's made FOR our demographic. Mostly local comedies. I hate them with an ill intent....

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Lintaur Yeah. I also wouldn't say "hated", but since American shows and games can be totally hated by Americans, even if done specifically towards that demographic, I can safely assume not everything coming from Japanese hands will be embraced like the next piece of historic art by the Japanese people.

An example. Where I live, I abhor a lot of local made media, even though it's made FOR our demographic. Mostly local comedies. I hate them with an ill intent....

Oh for sure. Just for me, I'm more likely to take the words of JP vets that weren't an influx of English players using a translation patch over those that only played the game using said translation patch. Def more weight to me than Tweaker people. xD

With the arrival of the game on Steam the issue became global, so those who speak from North America are now almost the minority. So many people from Europe for example, who played JP, were shocked by the censorship. Like me. I have nothing to do with america, much less know what they think, but what I have seen is that now they have involved the world, and the rating system is very different in each country, usually less restrictive than the ESRB. And pso2 is not a game to be censored, the situation that has arisen is ridiculous.

And yes, EP4 on Japan was not that bad, my friends really enjoyed that episode. There is also an anime based on EP4, there was a lot of advertising, and in addition it also arrived on PS4. It was actually a great success in Japan.

I apologize if my English may seem strange, but I write with the help of a machine translator

@Lintaur Pso2 ep4 is not for all the japanese market, just a youngerspecific demographic group of the country. Most of it would be considered unmature and childish

Height, and thus chest restriction censorship stays. For reasons both moral and business.

Dont make me post the links again on why its needed. I have it on copy paste for threads like this one.

Gm Sohee cmon, lock this one too before it becomes the same song and dance. Sighs.

@Alexandrious947 I already included a link to 18 U.S. Code § 1466A in the opening post.

There are no business or legal reasons why the censorship is needed, for reasons that I stated in the opening post. The moral issue is a debatable one, but there are more reasons than eroticism on why people want the restrictions removed.

Also, GM's have yet to close threads for their topic, but only when people start attacking each other. In which, a new thread on the topic is just made again.

@Alexandrious947 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Height, and thus chest restriction censorship stays. For reasons both moral and business.

Dont make me post the links again on why its needed. I have it on copy paste for threads like this one.

Gm Sohee cmon, lock this one too before it becomes the same song and dance. Sighs.

Most likely the stuff will stay for awhile. Don't know if you read my recent previous posts here so I'll repeat. The censor is not in the hands of the anti censors. Only the devs can remove them, and they have all the right to continue being silent while keeping the censor up. I would love an explanation, but I'm prepared to receive none because I'm not entitled to one in this case. Which is why I ask for this answer as a petition.

On the other hand, as I said to your colleague, silencing the stuff is not the way to go. It goes against the democracy and freedom you so claim to protect as an American. Then again, you cannot silence anything at all because closing thread after thread won't have that effect. It will most likely have an opposite effect of making the issue even stronger, knowing the passion some of these posters have. In fact, quite a few have already submitted these petitions through support tickets. Something you nor anyone can reach to try and silence. Meaning, the "damage" is done, and there's nothing anybody can do about these opinions and petitions.

So, I will humbly invite you to remain polite and not start any pointless flame wars here. I myself am in favor of some censoring. Just not of what's being censored right now. And if I, a self proclaimed dumb middle aged man of the old era, can hold a fair conversation with people I may disagree with on certain things, so can you, a young, educated and intelligent American of the current era.

Basically what luna said, the threads only get closed when people start derailing from the actual topic and start attacking each other. So, keep it civil and stay on topic. If you're only in here just to name call and bring up another topic , please take it somewhere else.

@Archetype-Luna I enjoyed Episode 4's music to the fullest extent.

IT had so far the best music untill Episode 6 hit.

Both of them have amazing songs and vocal tracks that are just bursting with energy.

They both fit their respective areas but the story in Episode 4 WAS lackluster.

Too cliche altho it had shining moments and funny scenes.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed at many times, even if they were cliche.

Heck I hate episode 5 the most BUT I enjoy the goofy moments they have.

And I hate that when it comes down to it, they decided to remove a scene rather than to alter it.

Altering is a better alternative to removing scenes because you create strange inconsistencies on what you think is okay and what is not.

For instance, kids in the bath having a funny moment between themselves is bad but someone getting stabbed and slashed by their friend painfully isnt?

@SleeprunnerInc I personally have seen and experienced so many video game cutscenes that I think I may be immune to cringing at whatever is thrown into my screen. This episode does have some decent moments. But at least from my perspective, nothing in the story so far has made me feel much for the setting or the characters. Again, I may be grumpy...

As for editing versus removing, maybe they could have done in ways that didn't need SO much editing at all. Maybe change camera angles, or show something else on screen while the dialogue plays, so you don't lose the character development if there's any. There are fair, less destructive ways to censor things even if it's in the end a censor.

The chibi suits should really have no reason at all to be removed, especially if they're already censoring all the other content that could be considered "sexually suggestive" in the first place. If whole cutscenes and smart innerwear were removed, then I highly doubt that any of the furniture pieces or emotes that according to some people are "designed to simulate sexual acts" would make it into the localized version either, and the chibi suits by their nature would limit the ability for characters with that body type to wear sexually suggestive outfits.

But despite this, I'm almost certain they will be removed anyway.

@ZorokiHanuke Exactly.

I just hated how Hitsugi acted like a whiny teenage girl stereotype at parts in the story and honestly, it's so often done that it's boring.

EVen closer to the end it becomes so painfully obvious what's going to happen if you have watched anime for a few years or even cartoons.

There were so many cool characters like Bethor who should have had some more screen time in my opinion.

@SleeprunnerInc Hitsugi = Emilia. Bethor and the bald guy saved this episode from becoming a cringe and bore fest.

Oh, and the sisters were pretty much Gemini 2.0