Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Frost-Soar Seems counter-productive, but that's cool.

Anyways...

It seems that Hariett was also censored... where Gasp Xion was basically naked (ice body) on Ep2.

Also... Matoi was also basically naked on the end of episode 3 (not sorry for the spoilers btw)... which... gaspMatoi was 16 by the end of that episode (which makes all the censorship on episode 4 just as idiotic).

Not only that, you can draw both "costumes" on a SG scratch. I see that if you can't make people overpay for a certain costume, it shall be censored...

So was Matoi 16 for 10 years or did she just get dragged 10 years into the future when you jumped?

@Weirdo She got dragged with you somehow so in that regard she didn't age. She only hit 18 by episode 4 when she got on the cleaning cryogenics with you.

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So was Matoi 16 for 10 years or did she just get dragged 10 years into the future when you jumped?

@Frost-Soar said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo She got dragged with you somehow so in that regard she didn't age.

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned at the start of Ep 4 that she got iced two years or so after the player (because of the PSO2 Anime events which are referred to in Ep4 story, and have her getting F Factored just like the player), so she's slightly aged but not the whole 10 years.

I was talking about the Oracle story.

Also, skipping 10 years into time travwl shenanigans doesn't make one body age, so that is not less worse than the "100 years old loli" trope.

Point is: They did stuff in the previous episodes and they are now censoring on ep4 forward, as if they changed teams or something.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It is January 10th 2021. PSO2 is on episode 6. This thread has reached 200+ pages. Global is still censored and Sega has said nothing. NGS's release date is announced and it will be censored in the west as well. "I'll play it but I'm still going to keep posting" forum user Masterweeber9000 says. "This is bullshit! I'm only going to spend 100 dollars instead of the 500 I would have because the censorship!" says Oniichanlover69.

It is December 12 2021. This thread is at 400+ pages. NGS is out, it is censored in the west. "I'll never give up hope." forum user touhoulicker420 says. "We just have to show Sega that censorship is bad and they should feel bad. They will cave once they see how the playerbase really feels. They will wish they had all this money". Sega had record profits this year. The majority was from PSO2 global.

Meanwhile, even right after the release of Episode 5, the population keeps dwindling.

population_decrease_trend (2).jpg

This basewear is honestly kinda a bummer, since I just got the holy phantasm outerwear thanks to the buster quest campaign, and the harriette basewear would actually go kinda well with it, but the new white-on-white just doesn't look good. The corresponding innerwears used to give actual color there, but now if you put the ruby innerwear beneath the ruby basewear, the ruby innerwear part just gets recolored white.

If they felt the need to do this they could've at least not been totally lazy about it.

@HawkingPoints Semi-related fun fact; This was the case for JP as well. When Episode 5 first arrived, it was tremendously broken. Not talking about weapon/gear kind of broken. There was amass imbalance between Hero and all the standard classes. Which is why the class rebalances happened in the first place that would then break the older contents. PSO2JP lost over 50% of their player base at the time. EP5 is just very cursed. It might be bounced back in the next episode.

Older players may have PTSD of those times and decided to take a break until the next episode.

@Hecyna Yes. How fun it is to interpret numbers. I noticed the same thing with Episode 4.

Interpret this perhaps: what does it mean when a decline is, in general, at a constant rate? Or maybe don't interpret it. I want to show people some real numbers. Do what you will with them. I don't pretend to be a seer, nor am I one.

@HawkingPoints said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It is January 10th 2021. PSO2 is on episode 6. This thread has reached 200+ pages. Global is still censored and Sega has said nothing. NGS's release date is announced and it will be censored in the west as well. "I'll play it but I'm still going to keep posting" forum user Masterweeber9000 says. "This is bullshit! I'm only going to spend 100 dollars instead of the 500 I would have because the censorship!" says Oniichanlover69.

It is December 12 2021. This thread is at 400+ pages. NGS is out, it is censored in the west. "I'll never give up hope." forum user touhoulicker420 says. "We just have to show Sega that censorship is bad and they should feel bad. They will cave once they see how the playerbase really feels. They will wish they had all this money". Sega had record profits this year. The majority was from PSO2 global.

Meanwhile, even right after the release of Episode 5, the population keeps dwindling.

population_decrease_trend (2).jpg

Go look up other multiplayer anime/japan/sprite mmos on steam. Kind of like they all have the same fate. I wonder why.

has to be censorship

@HawkingPoints It can mean a few things. People are bored, people are burnt out from the game, the constant fast rate to catch up to JP can be extremely overwhelming. Or thinking if it's going to be updated at a rapid speed then they might as well wait until it's all done. The whole deal with Corona is slowly(in some places) dwindling down.

There was also the infamous Error 5 that led many to quit right by EP5 launch, and on top of that, a dupe/glitch investigation that took a long while. There can be many, many reasons why people quit.

I am personally not interested in pure numbers because I know that I'm going to play PSO2NA for a long time unless they put a large paywall(SG is still not mandatory and is free given how much you want to/can grind!) on the consumers. Silly things like cut/edited sub scenes and an edited basewear(and more to come, probably) isn't worth the time to be upset about. If someone wants to quit over that, it's their choice. Not much we can do.

Well I guess that shows my concerns we would be completely missing the outfits from the cutscenes- If they censor that suit then the outfits from ep4 won't even show up. Just more cut cosmetics. Little funny how so many people say because we got X- we're sure to get Y, yet sega arbitrarily cuts things even if it shows less than what is already available ingame. Just for seemingly no reason at all.

Inconsistencies everywhere and zero acknowledgement. Horrible "support" for a game they want to survive longterm.

@MoldyAsp33874 Actually, I'm starting to have PSuniverse vibes here. So I'll give this thing 5 years, tops. That's pretty much Sega's track records with these games in the West anyway.