Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

100% agree... Honestly, since when was an M rated game treated as a T rated game?

Don't forget about the fact that everything that is censored would be E or T rated content.

What I don't understand is why this is being defended by some people as 'just a word, not a big deal'. If it's just a word and not a big deal... why spend the time and effort changing it? It's not like there was an actual complaint like with the Slave->Raven change. If they're willing to make a change over that complaint, then they should be willing to change this one back for the same reason.

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So what, do we have to just act like them to get change?

Too late for that. People have screamed the loudest over the height and EP4 content, while sobbing over non-existent SJWs and comparing it to comicsgate and gamergate (which are terms I don't think they're knowledgeable on).

This post is deleted!

@ApollosAmour said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So what, do we have to just act like them to get change?

Too late for that. People have screamed the loudest over the height and EP4 content, while sobbing over non-existent SJWs and comparing it to comicsgate and gamergate (which are terms I don't think they're knowledgeable on).

How are the SJWs non-existent if it's clear that they're the ones behind the censorship?

Let's see... I think I'll save my R$53 this month (Premium). I'm damn tired of those "small changes" (which ARE censorship and you can't deny this FACT).

First height limitation, then Ep4, then some part of ep 5 (it seems Hariette's clothes were changed) and auxiliary lines.

And I'll be either moving to JP or waiting for a private server.

"B-but that is illegal"

I don't care.

@Frost-Soar said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Let's see... I think I'll save my R$53 this month (Premium). I'm damn tired of those "small changes" (which ARE censorship and you can't deny this FACT).

First height limitation, then Ep4, then some part of ep 5 (it seems Hariette's clothes were changed) and auxiliary lines.

And I'll be either moving to JP or waiting for a private server.

"B-but that is illegal"

I don't care.

What did they change from Hariette's clothes? I never played Episode 5 on JP.

@Not-A-Bear Neither I, but I can assume they would have added more clothing where there was none before, just as it happened with some default basewear.

I'm going through the information that Phantasy Star Fleet threw around. I was trying to find proof but server entered emergency maintenance :c

Wow... to the original poster... I really appreciate you sharing the deleted scenes. There was a lot of character development that was lost that I had no idea about. It also explains where the Och 3 hair comes from, for you'd never see it, thanks to these deleted scenes.

I'm personally getting very tired of censorship across the board. This is an M Rated Game. M. Not T. Definitely not E. Yet still a lot of games that come over from Japan go through this horrible censorship neutering, and I'm just so tired of it.

Thing is, the localization team is PERFECTLY FINE showing a character coughing BLOOD (and it's red this time) but not a bit of skin.

@Frost-Soar Betting right now that's the next thing to be censored. (Heck, even a certain boss that's part of the Buster Quest has red blood coming out.)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, FFXIV has more, ahem, revealing clothes that this game does, no?

This is so depressing I'm succumbing to the death by a thousand papercuts... type of oppressive feel. I'm considering hard quitting this game.

It's obvious they have this 'minority report' upbringing of removing could-be controversial content before they could 'possibly' (not guaranteed) 'become' controversial when they're out the gate... they're literally curating the game in any way, shape or form... walking on eggshells on turbo mode.

It's so obvious that they're afraid of the court of public opinion... such as in places like twitter... where controversy spreads like wildfire... as well as 'game-centered journalist sites' that love to write inflammatory articles for clicks. It's ridiculous!

Changing the word 'blacklist' to 'blocklist'... changing 'white lie' to 'harmless lie'... changing 'master' to 'handler'... 'slave' to 'raven'... cutscene changes or outright omissions... height slider... Hariette's basewear being changed... a bit of under+sideboob was covered (probably because she's featured in the Story mode, as opposed to just being an AC item that doesn't get worn by any 'established character', also because she's 17 I believe)

Pretty sure one of the reasons why it's so inconsistent for some outfits to be modified to be less 'exposed' and some more lewd to go completely unchanged... is because of the Story character is tied to... and they don't make a separate model outfit for the NPCs, to only make the modification only on the 'underage' character, while not affecting the official design of the outfit... so a lazy fix all in all.

Some of these changes are happening post-release in updates... it's so obvious what they're intending to do. Everything is obviously point towards having good PR & making themselves look 'acceptable' in the eyes of the West, not just their customers but on the eyes of society as a whole.

It's so ridiculous, and depressing.... they're going to keep retroactively changing the game, by that I mean changing the things that are already out. Welcome to curated PSO2, despite the M-Rating.

I find this very discouraging. Not making me all that enthused... and this isn't the only game in our current political climate that's being affected by outside influences. 13 Sentinels... sigh I'm just not going to keep going... I need to go take a break. I have little to no hope anything will change, rollback their decisions, and that things will only worsen with every update. -_-

This is why they won't listen to us... this is why they won't stop doing what they're doing... they just care about making money and looking good to the general public. -_-

@Not-A-Bear said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

How are the SJWs non-existent if it's clear that they're the ones behind the censorship?

If it's clear, then show me proof. So far, it's just been a few suggestions here and there or something internal we're unaware of. SJW mobs usually let everyone know what they're up to.

The loudest so far has been the people that take issue with SG content, like Fresh Finds or the SG scratch, and the people bent out of shape because they can't make little girls as short as they'd like or see as many half-naked children in-game as they can on JP.

The reality is that the game isn't getting a ton of attention from politically-minded people. Despite that, it's very easy for people with "unique" tastes and abnormal obsessions with young characters to blame radical audiences because it's the thing to do when you feel persecuted.

Is Sega overrun with radical leftists that dominate the market and purge veterans and fans alike so they can control the medium like comicsgate? No. Is the media directly targeting Sega with unfair and biased coverage, forcing them to meet their demands or face intense backlash like gamergate? No. I haven't seen any major activity or hashtagtivists on twitter making a stink about PSO2 either.

So where's the SJWs?