Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

Ok, SEGA completerly ignored us. Censorship is still here. Customer support evidently did not forward our request to the developers. I'm disappointed, they haven't even said a word about it. Being so completely ignored means they don't care about the players.

Could always complain to the SoJ twitter / PSO2 jp twitter. Not sure what we'd actually say though.

@Michelle They clearly didn't bat an eye in this topic no matter how much and reasonable win-win solution we suggested. Those feedback we send just waste of time. Just a matter of time this thread will get close by GM. So much for listening to player feedback.

I doubt GMs will close the thread unless people start fighting and hurling insults at each other. It's not part of their job to actually silence people, but to keep some sort of order. That they can't do anything about the suggestions and feedback, that's a different thing.

I assume there may be some within Global's management actually wanting to remove these censors. But the decision is only up to the top brass in JP, and if they still think by the uncensored game would be too offensive to the west, I doubt there's anything else we could do to change that notion.

Gms doing nothing like sega - so i paied for premium to sell my full storage and inventory and crashed so log off after it fixed i hope this week and not in 2 weeks... fack off sega...

So apparently the game is even MORE censored now! Thanks SJW losers!

The Auxiliary text has been changed from "Master" to "Handler". And "Blacklist" has been changed to "Blocklist".

Yeah, no. I'm not tolerating this crap anymore. I am hereby boycotting ANY purchases in PSO2. I will not spend a SINGLE PENNY on this game until you people reverse EVERY SINGLE BIT OF THE CENSORSHIP. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Do not buy AC. Do not buy SG. Do not spend one single cent on this game until Sega reverses the completely idiotic and pointless changes that they have made to this game.

@Not-A-Bear Im already preparing gateway ship to JP. This game server will become worse in the future. Screw starting from level 1 as long no sjw bullshit and Im having fun.

Master to handler change makes it sound like auxiliaries are being treated like pets now.

The situation is getting worse and worse, now it's just politics, it's no fun this game.

@Archetype-Luna updates the list with this new censorship, Master to Handler, and Blacklist to Blocklist

Yeah, that one seems a bit weird to me. Master has other uses outside slavery, I had always assumed that auxes were using it in the way a butler would, which is totally innocuous.

Calling someone your Handler just sounds really strange.

@Fighter-Fairy have fun support same company) bye))

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say this: I imagine that some person probably got reported for naming their Auxiliary "Slave" or something, and then it was decided to make the auxiliaries call you Handler instead just to combat that form of offensive use in the future. Which I can understand, but... imo, handler sounds weird. Like... really weird. Knowing how these kinds of things tend to go, I doubt they'll change it back to "master" tbh, but perhaps "Master Playername" instead of just "Master" might be more acceptable, as it makes the word seem more like a title than a name. If that's not to sega's liking, then I'd like to see them go the way of Io and use "Boss" instead. Anything's better than what they chose, imo.

@Tarina said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say this: I imagine that some person probably got reported for naming their Auxiliary "Slave" or something, and then it was decided to make the auxiliaries call you Handler instead just to combat that form of offensive use in the future. Which I can understand, but... imo, handler sounds weird. Like... really weird. Knowing how these kinds of things tend to go, I doubt they'll change it back to "master" tbh, but perhaps "Master Playername" instead of just "Master" might be more acceptable, as it makes the word seem more like a title than a name. If that's not to sega's liking, then I'd like to see them go the way of Io and use "Boss" instead. Anything's better than what they chose, imo.

Master and Slave are not offensive words unless you are an adult baby.

@Tarina said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

If that was the case, they should just have a Bad Word Filter on names like basically every game has, and ban the bad word, and not change the normal one.

Boss would be a fine change too, though I'm sure some people would get mad that that infringes on Io's territory.

Lmao, so glad I left this game. Thanks for nothing Sega. We're back to Sega not giving a shit about their Western Player base and instead are catering to those that don't even play the fucking game.