Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

[...] as an older player, I'm soon to bid farewell to this all so my opinion may not matter [...]

Don't underestimate the age of the other players, I'm 34. I think the opinion of the elders is more important than those15yo whiners with a false sense of justice. Your opinion is important!

[...] So really, that's how it is for me. I feel I can support a stance without having to attack others, and despite some people may find me annoying (and I suspect some may have blocked me), I'll still conduct myself in a respectful way, hoping I can maybe lead by example.[...]

I, as a anti-censorship user, really respect your opinions. You are someway neutral and somewhat dislike the sexualizations of the characters in this game. In the end it's true, the old Phantasy Stars games, before 2012, didn't have this kind of sexualization. PSO2, PS Nova, and New Genesis are made by a different team. I fully understand that longtime fans haven't seen this change as a good thing. But there is nothing that can be done, and in my opinion forcing it with censorship only causes more problems. In the end it is not possible to transform PSO2 into PSO1 via censorship, if that was the real intent of the localization team, who knows.

@Silvalance said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

In the end it is not possible to transform PSO2 into PSO1 via censorship, if that was the real intent of the localization team, who knows.

Actually, this is an interesting point. I personally wouldn't vouch for something exactly like this, but on the other hand, when I installed this game at first, I was indeed expecting a sort of continuation of systems, lore and ambience. This may have been a mistake of mine, but I never saw the previous PS games in the same way I see modern anime. I always saw them more as the old kind of anime, with less stuff that would trigger a censor.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Silvalance said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

In the end it is not possible to transform PSO2 into PSO1 via censorship, if that was the real intent of the localization team, who knows.

Actually, this is an interesting point. I personally wouldn't vouch for something exactly like this, but on the other hand, when I installed this game at first, I was indeed expecting a sort of continuation of systems, lore and ambience. This may have been a mistake of mine, but I never saw the previous PS games in the same way I see modern anime. I always saw them more as the old kind of anime, with less stuff that would trigger a censor.

I think that's what alot of western people who complained forgot.

This game isn't a continuation of any of the PSO2 games to this day.

It's stated multiple times and they could have looked this info up earlier.

It's like FF11 and FF14 being their own things despite being labeled in the main series.

There's are slight continuations and lore connections but apart form that, PSO2 is it's own beast.

The case with FF14 is that's its part of the Rabanastre timeline which combines it with a few other games, notably FF12 (The map is the exact same that is found in 12)

In the case of PSO2, it was made for more modern audiences and at the time of it's release in Japan, the style that it had was ment for those people.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I think that's what alot of western people who complained forgot.

This game isn't a continuation of any of the PSO2 games to this day.

It's stated multiple times and they could have looked this info up earlier.

It's like FF11 and FF14 being their own things despite being labeled in the main series.

There's are slight continuations and lore connections but apart form that, PSO2 is it's own beast.

The case with FF14 is that's its part of the Rabanastre timeline which combines it with a few other games, notably FF12 (The map is the exact same that is found in 12)

In the case of PSO2, it was made for more modern audiences and at the time of it's release in Japan, the style that it had was ment for those people.

And seeing the censor implemented, it seems this was also how those porting the game over to the west and global also thought. Of course my assumption. I think they probably feel Japanese audiences advanced much faster in terms of these things, and they felt they had to hit the brakes somewhere, for the rest of the world.

Oh, and let me add, this could have been the case regardless of what other companies may have released in the west and the world already. Perhaps the localization team preferred on their own decision to do the censors, or maybe they saw something else that ensured them the censor was the right thing to do. Hard to know since we don't have any official answer. But these could have been possible reasons.

@SleeprunnerInc said in [Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.]

no, this isn't true

I was gonna touch on that too but decided against it. But yeah, FF14 isn't the greatest example because its so extremely Theme Park that it includes Nier, Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch into its world as well. It should probably not be treated as being canonically in the same universe as those, rather than just having storylines that imitate the same storylines of another game's world, kind of like how every FF has an Ifrit but they're not actually the same entity, they're just tickling your nostalgia bone with familiar things.

@jimpjorps Hilariously it actually is but this is a topic for DM's, if ya want to talk about it DM me.

@ZorokiHanuke If that was true, they would not have gone ahead and translated the missing cutscene NOR have most of the outfits etc in the game, they would have gone ahead and removed all of them prior to releasing in the west.

And that's not a humongous task considering they had 8 years to do so.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

This is not true. Unless you're suggesting that Nier Automata, Monster Hunter: World, Yokai Watch, FFXV, FFVI, Garo, and FFXIII are also part of the Rabanastra timeline?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/159217-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XIII-Q-A-Summary-(04-09-2014)

1:57:29

Q: A lot of names from Ivalice have been mentioned such as Dalmasca, Belias, and Zodiak. Is there some kind of connection between Hydaelyn and Ivalice?

A: Maehiro: To be absolutely clear, there is no direct connection between FFXIV’s Hydaelyn and FFXII’s Ivalice or even FFXI’s Vana’diel. They are not the same world in different dimensions or time—they are their own separate worlds. However, there are certain connections to people or objects that appear in these other worlds that figure into the story of FFXIV as it has been conceived and is being told.

@Aida-Enna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

This is not true. Unless you're suggesting that Nier Automata, Monster Hunter: World, Yokai Watch, FFXV, FFVI, Garo, and FFXIII are also part of the Rabanastra timeline?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/159217-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XIII-Q-A-Summary-(04-09-2014)

Q: A lot of names from Ivalice have been mentioned such as Dalmasca, Belias, and Zodiak. Is there some kind of connection between Hydaelyn and Ivalice?

A: Maehiro: To be absolutely clear, there is no direct connection between FFXIV’s Hydaelyn and FFXII’s Ivalice or even FFXI’s Vana’diel. They are not the same world in different dimensions or time—they are their own separate worlds. However, there are certain connections to people or objects that appear in these other worlds that figure into the story of FFXIV as it has been conceived and is being told.

So literally having FRAN and Rabanaster being part of the standard game (NOT COLLABORATION EVENT MIND YOU like Nier) makes them not part of the same timeline?

Not to mention how the map is nearly the same as in FFXIV with slight changes to the topography?

Considering the multiple plotholes and inconcistencies within FF12, it's highly likely it was and is still part of the rabanastre timeline.

I can concede if it is a case of Realm reborn aftertought that the original story was changed and the team changed.

But like I said, I'm open to discussing this in DM's.

Lets keep this topic on the original topic.

@ZorokiHanuke If that was true, they would not have gone ahead and translated the missing cutscene NOR have most of the outfits etc in the game, they would have gone ahead and removed all of them prior to releasing in the west.

And that's not a humongous task considering they had 8 years to do so.

The way I suppose things happened was that the already dubbed content was checked for a last time, and in that last check, the cut scene, regardless of it being completed and added to the game files, was removed from the main game for some reason (most likely for censoring purposes) while not even bothering to remove it from the data files. This would make what you and others have been assuming about a rushed job hold more water. I can also assume the changes to some of the outfits may have happened before this, and were better planned, since those took more work than simply snipping or commenting off some code to enable or disable it.

But in the end we are still in square one so long as there's no official response onto why things were changed. And in that I also join the others in wanting an answer.

@ZorokiHanuke Hopefully we do get an answer before NGS.

Cause holy crap imagine the shit show if NGS has no communication either.

@SleeprunnerInc Sadly I'm not holding my breath waiting for a change of tactics. From Sega's standpoint, so long as money keeps flowing inwards, why talk?

I saw the live stream about NGS.

Now the question comes naturally to me. Will they also censor NGS Global? I would like to know in advance. I want to import my character from PSO2 JP to NGS without that damn Height Error....

@Aida-Enna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So literally having FRAN and Rabanaster being part of the standard game (NOT COLLABORATION EVENT MIND YOU like Nier) makes them not part of the same timeline?

Not to mention how the map is nearly the same as in FFXIV with slight changes to the topography?

Considering the multiple plotholes and inconcistencies within FF12, it's highly likely it was and is still part of the rabanastre timeline.

I can concede if it is a case of Realm reborn aftertought that the original story was changed and the team changed.

But like I said, I'm open to discussing this in DM's.

Lets keep this topic on the original topic.

If you believe you know more than the developers of the game about the lore they created, there's not really much to discuss. Anyhow, yee, let's get back on topic.

As for NGS, I think it really depends on how much feedback they get on how players feel about it.

As for NGS, I think it really depends on how much feedback they get on how players feel about it.

They have had and are still having a lot of feedback. I hope that after the TGS they make a decision, also because it is very important for NGS if they really want to get the maximum number of players possible.