@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:
It's just common sense, if you think the scene isn't distasteful I implore you to walk down a busy street in your town and ask everyone you walk by "Do you think it's tasteful for a video game to depict a scene where adults are spying on children that are naked and groping each other in the shower?" Please record it too.
Just look at the international backlash against the new Netflix film Cuties, which also sexualizes children, the general populace doesn't approve of such things despite certain left-wing media groups constantly trying to push a pro-pedophilia agenda. If this was all "normal" there wouldn't be laws and previous cases against this type of stuff in many countries that are now included in the global release.
At the end of the day the localization team had to consider the cultural views and laws of all countries and all potential countries the game would release to, it's a no brainer that a scene like that would be cut.
@Flowen231 That's not a very good argument because it's not like we're playing with people who are under the minimum height, therefore nobody is at an inherent advantage and gameplay is unaffected. If you feel you're getting hit too much because your hitbox is a miniscule amount larger, then you have other issues and should learn to dodge properly.
We're not asking sheltered communities who have never held a controller or likely use a PC about whether it's tasteful or not. We're asking the playerbase- The people who consume the media- speak for the media. Not these other people... THATS WHERE THE PROBLEM COMES FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE... Imagine missing such an obvious and glaring point.
The players don't like the censorship. The vast majority are absolutely against it. Arguing this point is absurd- No one in their right minds could possibly believe the fans of a game would want less from said game to be comfortable with it... Sega should not listen to those communities who don't even know what PSO is- and make changes over them. They do not represent their consumerbase at all. Feel free to state your ideas and opinions but to believe for an instant that the majority of players(I.E- THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME) want to keep the censorship is just going to have people laugh at you. Take a poll ingame- go to a full block(or run some groups and survey a few) and ask them if they would rather have less restrictions in their creator and the choice to view cut scenes in-game. See how many people you get in favor of the changes. Honestly. I've polled in-game, FB, twitter. 90%+ of actual players don't agree with the change. the majority of that remaining 10% say they're not bothered by it- not that they want to keep it. It's a void point.
Also comparing real life child exploitation to anime fanservice is hilarious of a point to even make. False equivalency much? It's not helping your case in the least. I'm sure if you're a big anime fan you would just love that movie from netflix(lol... this is a joke if you couldn't tell)
And the whole legality issue has been disproved dozens of times. I'm not sure why it keeps being used by the same people who sometimes even cite the law that proves them wrong and ignore all context and terminology trying to make a very clear CP law incriminate a massive part of eastern media- some of which is even shown on American TV. It's not a legal issue and is not even close to one. You see much worse in PG rated made-for-tv animated series.