Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Zenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

He/she doesn't like that you make it seem like everyone in a particular community is the problem. Point is there are people with varying opinions in every community. One example is in relation to the "slave" name change. A black friend of mine has no issue with the original name but there's obviously people out there who do. Not all black people come off as crazy and nitpick like this, just like not all LGBT people were advocating for CD Project red to change/censor Cyberpunk.

exactly

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I've checked the "Censoring Gaming" video about the PSO2 censorship, they've reached 41.662 views, 2.000 like and only 50 dislike, with 1.047 comments. The impressive thing is the 2000 vs 50. An even bigger gap than the polls that have been made on this forum.

I know, a lot of them don't even play PSO2 and they are just there to go against censorship in general, but in the end it doesn't change the fact that there are so many of us who want the unnecessary censorship removed. SEGA cannot continue to ignore, but maybe they are busy for the Tokyo Game Show.

when a game is censored does the censorship ever get removed though? 😕

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

when a game is censored does the censorship ever get removed though? 😕

Usually not. But I think it's time to let us hear, we can't always agree in silence. If there are people who want censorship, there are also those who do not want it, it does not seem right to please only one side, so I want at least compromises like a toggle option to be made.

I have sent a ticket to customer support regarding the height slider, I hope the restriction will be removed. Thank you for the detailed list and explanations, it really helps.

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

We gamers are literally subdued by these various communities and organizations that decide the rules for us.

Take a look at this forum, there are 4-5 SJWs who literally manage to dominate all gamers with their arguments.

there's like 4-5 chuds in this forum who keep making stupid threads after getting them locked for saying something transphobic or racist

We also have a user with the nickname "Gamers are so oppressed" who literally trolls all the time.

they're gamerphobic

I'm not personally worried specifically about the story scenes, because they're just cutescenes I can watch on youtube and I'm Online enough to know they exist. But if it has a repurcussion on actual in-game gear (smart inner, wet towel) then that'll be kind of whack, and I wouldn't be surprised if it expanded from just being story cutscene repurcussions.

I only care about raven/slave because I feel like it points to them likely not ever bothering to translate weapon flavor text, which is sad because flavor text is always cool.

When it comes to weapons, the flavor text feels like the real content loss. Shocking this sword "can be be equipped as a sword" and not as launcher. Does that text even warrant a description? Now without meaningful description all I have for flavor is name, and Raven is lacking. Trapped, Bound, or Soul Weapon would have been more descriptive and relevant, the latter particularly applicable if all mention of bound servitude is to be avoided for cultural reasons.

for cultural reasons.

This is something that I have always hated, because very often it does not represent my culture, and therefore in the end it is always me who loses, I am deprived of things according to the culture of another state or continent which totally not represent me. More than valid reason for not supporting these games.

I suggest to the OP to share on Twitter this thread, we need more people.

Philosophically, I accept cultural changes only as a means to get a translation of a work that would otherwise have to small of a market to warrant the effort, and hope it ignites interest in the original. For example, Robotech is acceptable because it creates inters in anime and may lead viewers to Macross.

Otherwise, in the name of "inclusion and diversity," we sterilize a cultural export to fit our local mores failing at the stated goal in the process. Let's make it more inclusive by taking the diverse bits our, what is one including at that point anyways.

A quick a side on added clothes to scene. "There is a strange (fully dressed) child in my room" - That is odd, why are you so freaked out? Vs. "There is a naked child in my bed" - Oh, that is bad, panicking might be good now.

Because the "T" were mentioned ... I'll just say. I'm transgender. I live through the characters I create, because I have severe dysphoria and body dysmorphia. I want my character to be smaller because I want to be smaller. It's not because I'm attracted to smaller people. I just have problems that my girl helps me overcome a little. I want to be the small cat-girl I want to create.

@Meow2835 I believe the issue the individual in question was referrencing was the removed Gender Barricades in the Hot Springs Team Room. In the Japanese version there were two changing rooms and depending on what gender your character was there would be a visible barricade in the opposite gender's changing romo so your characte wouldn't go in. This was removed in the Global version allowing characters of either gender to go into whichever changing room.

People's assumptions here was that this was done so as to not offend the trans players or something like that.

Height restriction stays, to prevent lolis, since they sexualize children. Seen plenty of players who will definitely do this, and to me it is disgusting, and would ruin my fun with the game everytime I see such a character.

Sexualizing children is not ok. If your fine with this then you are immoral, if you actually want this, then your a Pedo.

Nuff said.

I dont want it.

@Knight said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Height restriction stays, to prevent lolis, since they sexualize children. Seen plenty of players who will definitely do this, and to me it is disgusting, and would ruin my fun with the game everytime I see such a character.

Sexualizing children is not ok. If your fine with this then you are immoral, if you actually want this, then your a Pedo.

Nuff said.

I dont want it.

A Wild Random Pro-Censorship suddenly appeared!

@Knight said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Nuff said.

I dont want it.

You are always the same user, Paladin. Reported.

I suggest other users to report and block that user. He only creates problems in the forum.

@Knight said in If they lift the censorship and height restriction I will quit the game!:

So...censorship is about control? 😕

I am only Fifteen, but whenever I go out swimming at the beach, I always get these old guys looking at me weird....even though I wear a modest one piece. 😞

Is that what some of these posters want? To look at girls my age weird like that? 😰

He is 15 yo, this game is ESRB M.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37118/Phantasy+Star+Online+2/

A child cannot decide the rules of a game for mature people.

@Knight Please actually read the opening post to understand why just because someone wants censorship removed does not make them a pedophile. You essentially are slandering quite a number of people by doing so.