Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZorokiHanuke Not to mention, a survey can be designed to instantly give the devs the feedback they want. I'd imagine it would likely be multiple choice or a scale of agreement/disagreement rather than actual text, as to avoid needing people to translate things. Such a survey could be immediately checked upon by the devs in Japan whenever they wish and wouldn't have to go through a translation process like Support Tickets or Forum feedback.

Fate/Grand Order actually does a survey every year around the game's anniversary to gather valuable feedback. Despite having some of the worst gacha rates on the market, it does incredibly well, being one of the most popular gacha games to date, no small in how they know they only made it this far due to the fans (they had a really rough first year) and how much they take into account fan feedback. So I know how well a survey can work. They even give out rewards for taking the time to do it, as to incentivize people into completing it.

For anyone else who is curious and didn't see the thread on an in game poll, here's the thread: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7655/in-game-polling-system

@Archetype-Luna I've seen several games with surveys. Seen them even on mobile games. Really, surveys help a lot. But it's up to the devs and the executives to have the willpower to both listen and to implement something based on a survey. Some companies are a bit more resistant to deviate from their plans, and usually that translates in a product that may not achieve it's true potential, simply because they didn't take the consumer into account. And I'm saying this not just about censoring in this specific game, but about general changes for general products.

@ZorokiHanuke From what I can tell, Sega is not resistant to following feedback; it is more resistant to gathering it, and communication in general, at least from western audiences.

When feedback does get through, they seem to take it in stride, like with SG Scratch duration. The Mother Cluster SG Scratch lasts to March 2021 and the fallen heroes scratch was extended to January 2021. JP wise, weekly SG sources were because of backlash at SG early on. So it is more of a communication resistance.

@Archetype-Luna Agreed, though the end result is similar. A product that gets and implements feedback gets a better connection to the consumers because it's a product more tailored to their wants and needs.

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Archetype-Luna Finally a youtuber has dedicated a video about the PSO2 censorship, it would be appropriate to share it as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

Good news, MMOByte also put out a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSACJ9dAzg

There are A LOT of people who hate censorship on PSO2, and only a handful of them are on this forum. If everyone really started complaining here, the forum would crash.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

They also marketed the promise of All The Content which we did not get. Not sure why anyone could believe we'd get the humanoid mini-suits given that they think height is a problem. Or the school swimwear which was missing- despite ironically.... Io wearing it on Wopal- It was missing from the swimsuit scratch it was in yet every single other NPCs outfits were featured. Only that one was missing because of the connotation in Japan- and popping up in JAVs often and such. Culture thing.

Just a heads up - the school swimsuit is on sale on the fresh finds shop. I wouldn't assume clothing that isn't in the game is censored.

5420c816-9c3b-40e6-bd72-6efff9a36fef-image.png

@Archetype-Luna They'd have to advertise the survey in-game because just collecting from forum dwellers isn't enough.

@havox4 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Archetype-Luna Finally a youtuber has dedicated a video about the PSO2 censorship, it would be appropriate to share it as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

Good news, MMOByte also put out a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSACJ9dAzg

Ohh! Thanks!

@Archetype-Luna can you add this on the first post?

At this point SEGA should really do something. And quickly.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki This is usually what other companies do. They just slap the survey at or close to the game's start/title screen or on the news pop up. It should still be optional, but nobody would have an excuse to say they didn't see it.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki My idea for a survey would be for it to be done in game or at least accessed from in game where it can open a browser after the user agrees to do it from an in game menu. There should also be a reward used as an incentive for people to fill it out.

@Michelle I added it.

Forum staff taking note of the problem and trying to communicate to developers in Japan:

GM: "Hey, there is a huge problem, users complain that the game is censored, they ask for the censorship to be removed."

SEGA JP devs: "Chensoo reddo? Akai no wa nanidesu ka? Tabemono? Hontouni gomennasai, wakarimasen. Sayounara."

@Emmerson-T-Kenny The support team actually translates our feedback into Japanese; which is part of why I imagine there is a delay in feedback reaching the devs.

I wouldn't say we should really make fun of it.

I noticed an influx of new pro-censorship users, and I noticed that instead many of us write only 1 maximum 5 posts and then don't write anymore. So mostly we just give a contribution and then escape, no reason to stay in the forum, and the majority don't even enter. The majority of us, thousands and thousands, write on social media, like the comments on youtube in the censored gaming channel, there are so many, and if each of them were here we would have already won the battle.

New pro-censorship users are raging against us in every thread, and most likely it is the same people who use multiple accounts, some of them have even been discovered.

I checked the Steam forum, and there are a couple of pro-censorship users there who literally dominate everyone else. The moderators actually punish anyone who tries to defend themselves against the attacks of these two users. There is literally no more freedom of speech and expression there.

I have come to the conclusion that pro-censorship people are very psychologically violent. They seem to come from a bygone era.

@Michelle Eh I rather not talk about the pro-censorship people too much, especially if it sounds like an attack on them. That is grounds for potentially getting a thread closed and can devalue our position to anyone on the fence of this debate. When you start actually attacking or insulting the opposing side, you are simply harming your own stance.

If they do it to us, it just weakens their stance. No feedback on the steam forums will amount to anything anyway, as there is no forwarding from the steam forums to the devs in Sega of Japan. That's why I tell people on the steam forums that the official forums and support tickets are what you want to use if you want to send in feedback.