Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

https://cdn.mmos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tera-5-year-infographic.png

Pretty old infographic for Tera showing the sheer number of people who didn't have an issue with small characters especially ones that would be considered by people here to be "child like" and "sexualized". Just so people know Castanic female is the next shortest race.

People always like to claim we are a minority but numbers don't lie. Their forum poles looks similar and discussions also but forums will always be a minority. I've played so many Eastern MMOs now and they're all similar data wise. Couple these numbers with the fact that the uncensored Elin outfits sold far better than anything before that was sold and you have your answer. This is the NA region btw. Seems like a lot of people here don't seem to understand the audience that plays Eastern MMOs.

Yes, I'm a Tera player and I use an Elin, she is too cute! ❤ And literally no one complains about this race.

@Michelle They do complain and call people pedo over there also. People have made videos about it talking about how they get harassed by certain individuals for creating that character. There was also a massive thread with a pole. Same arguments happening here happened over there too. It's kinda funny. Thankfully it isn't a lot of people doing it.

Seems like the same people here.

@Zenny what a bunch of SJWS...

Damn... if they are so unhappy about the presence of Elins, they might as well search another game to cater their vision?

@Frost-Soar These people are just party poopers. They just want to ruin the fun for everyone else. Rather than move on like anyone else if they have a problem they make sure that if they don't like it, nobody else is allowed to like it and the company should not cater to them.

@Zenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Michelle They do complain and call people pedo over there also. People have made videos about it talking about how they get harassed by certain individuals for creating that character. There was also a massive thread with a pole. Same arguments happening here happened over there too. It's kinda funny. Thankfully it isn't a lot of people doing it.

This is funny, because I never knew about those complaints. Evidently they were indeed an insignificant minority 😁

@Michelle The other day I checked a youtuber, forgot the name but he had a decent amount of followers, talking about Tera. He wasn't shy to express his disgust at the elin race, even openly asking why would anyone chose to play as that. Some posters in the comments section agreed with him. So yes, there are people out there in pretty much all games wanting to ruin it for other people by bashing and insulting just because they don't want to see something. That's different from my view because I do not wish to bother anyone. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the western born WoW has a part of the community bashing players who use the animal races and calling them fur f**s. That's how human hate works, and it's disgusting.

@ZorokiHanuke

I don't think those who complained are more than 4.2 million people plus 2.8 million. Literally 7 millions of people who prefer to use short characters. (Stats are from 2017) Because yes, Castanic Female is the second shorter race after the Elins. That youtuber was not had so many followers.

Capture.JPG

@Michelle That's characters. Although Elin still vastly outnumbers the rest it's important to understand that people make more than one character.

@Michelle Oh, I'm not going for numbers here. Just saying they exist. While numbers may signify importance because more numbers = more possible profits, it depends also on what impact the minority side may have in the whole PR game. For Tera, it seems to not be significant enough to make the company change course just because one youtuber says he abhors elins. But each game may be either a similar or different case.

Then again, a far reaching poll or better yet, a full survey including this and other issues like SG and AC scratches and the addition of the mobile app, a survey that many real people (as something bots can't participate in) can toss their choice. It's been proposed here and I feel it'd be a good message to the dev team on where they should take the game to try and welcome the most people.

@Zenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I guess there's always a few. But Devs also stated that Elin saved Tera from bankruptcy- so really anyone playing the game has Elin to thank.

Yes Elins are absolutely adorbs. Every character I have is an Elin. I don't dress them scantily or in anything too revealing, but since there's a plethora of cute outfits for them I'm not starved for cosmetics.

The other female races aren't as lucky in Tera.

I find, that people that hate the things they can't control, or the people they can't control, typically don't have the control that they wish to see in their own lives, and are so upset by that lack of control, that subconsciously, they feel the need to try and make everyone feel as angry, and as full of despair as they do. The "if I can't be happy, nobody can" mentality.

We complain because we want to achieve something that has been denied us. But why do they complain about us? What do they get by complaining about us? These questions will never be answered.