Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@MoldyAsp33874 He's trying to make a connection between content like the cutscene and pedophilia, as if content like the former causes the latter. Of course studies on this idea and other similar ideas have been inconclusive and do not suggest nor support what he is trying to imply at all.

Also, best not to respond to people like echo; that's what they want. They seek to derail threads so they can be closed, so the topic can't be discussed. Best to only report them for spam so they can be banned, without giving them any opportunity.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

edit, opps, replied to the wrong topic >.<

fixed: Even though this doesn't affect the story/game much at all, it still feels bad playing a censored game.

Yeah- I didn't plan to give him any more. Just wanted to explain that by definition the thread isn't what he believes it to be.

As for the studies- a new individual opinion comes out every so often. There's whole documentaries of single people going to japan to interview store owners and ask why they stock certain things. Completely ignorant of how rude that is and often completely ignorant of their culture as well. When great minds with motivation get together for a real test- more often than not.. not only does it not support that violence in games = violence in real life- and sex in games = sex offender in real life... but it actually leans the other way. In that these types of games make you less likely to act out what they contain in reality.

There will likely never be a reason to believe that these games are harmful to the mind. As long as you peceive it as fantasy then you are already miles ahead of the movement trying to censor an entire culture(Anita S. and friends literally brought an issue to the U.N to stop the production of Manga once. Not just sexualized Manga- but just in general.. Absolute insanity- needless to say.. they were laughed out of the room)..

With a name like PHANTASY star online- I hope people are reminded that this game doesn't reflect reality and doesn't mean to.

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Posted this in the OTHER post about wanting loli/shota characters and the bath scenes put back in:

https://twitter.com/AnomaV/status/1300066246197534727

Read through and see that even the people that consume lolicon/shotacon products know it fucking means they're pedophiles, going on to argue that this should put them up there with lgbtq+.

Reading through those tweets shows hos shallow some people are.

''THERES A CHANCE THEY MAY ESCALATE THEIR DESIRES!''

While the reasonable person who said ''If this can stave off someone from going to a real child, it's better that way cause atleast they have an outlet so they can stave off the desire with a doll'' got completely ignored and buried.

I know for a fact that discussing pedophilia is extremely hard and everyone will immediatly have a negative reaction.

However we also need to understand that those people do want help and gaining it is not easy cause of how quickly society will try and get rid of them or demonize them more or less so they don't have proper outlets that aren't harmful as an escape solution till they get the help they deserve.

Practically we treat those people worse than how we treat actual murderers, rapists etc in the world.

Heck we try and rehabilitate mass murderers but a pedo who tries to actually get rid of his problem? LETS IGNORE HIS PLEAS and be surprised when it ends badly.

Come on Craig.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Ephemiel And I believe that Blizzard caving into that outcry was a mistake and completely unnecessary. Any outcry that occurs from removing the censorship will do nothing to PSO2, absolutely nothing. If anything, it will basically be free advertisement. You can already make child-like characters and put them in suggestive poses in PSO2.

Other companies have back tracked on their censorship, look at Tera and how they back tracked the Elin censorship. Other games like Senran Kagura get by without any issue. There are multiple races in FFXIV that allow for heights shorter than the current minimum in PSO2 and you can dress them in all sorts of skimpy clothing and there are emotes that can put you in suggestive positions.

The outcry can safely be ignored; if anything it can act as free advertisement for the game. Uzaki, the current target of Western Cancel Culture, actually became more popular because of it. There was similar outcry for Rising of the Shield Hero; it still got simulcasted and was a huge hit during the season it aired. If anything, Shield Hero became more well known because of the outcry. There'll likely be outcry for Mushoku Tensei when that airs next year, it'll still be simulcasted, and the outcry will only serve as free advertisement. The censorship isn't needed and companies do not need to cave into cancel culture. It is completely safe for Sega to not have the censorship in this game.

That outcry on Cuties is also rather hypocritical considering how one of the things the film discusses and brings to attention is the sexualization of pre-adolescent girls. The people who are outraged by the sexualization of minors should be advocating for the film as the film criticizes that sort of behavior.

You want to know what else cancel culture is targeting? Imano and Mirai Kimino, mascot characters for the Cool Choice movement in Japan which seeks to educate people on the matters of climate change and global warming. The reason? The mascot characters are High School anime girls. That's it; no skimpy clothing, no sexualization, nothing that would make someone raise an eyebrow. Should large corporations really cave into things like this?

There is no need to heed any outcry that would occur from removing the censorship. It won't harm the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

Look at the comments there and tell me that your outcries are not hurting the game already when people are saying they won't play or that this was the nail on the coffin.

As for FFXIV, you're talking to someone who has played since A Realm Reborn, you cannot make tiny versions of ANY race that isn't Lalafels, who are DESIGNED to be small and most suggestive outfits look differently on them, you failed extremely hard there.

The outcries on Cuties is not hypocritical at all when Netflix's poster for it was showing the girls in very suggestive outfits and poses. The point of it is bringing attention to sexualizing minors, by sexualizing minors. You're making things worse if you fight fire with more fire.

You want to keep hurting the game because you think a height limiter ruins it or because you want underage shower scenes? Then be my guess, i'm done dealing with you and your cult of creeps that desperately want to see kids showering while hiding behind "remove censorship".

@Ephemiel https://i.redd.it/6csqv9e5ki031.png

Notice how there are 3 races who can be made UNDER the NA limit and have very suggestive clothing on them and do suggestive emotes and dances?

I played before castrum meridianum was a thing in FFXIV.

We also got many news articles about the ERP Scene in FFXIV and there's literally a known brothel operating in one of the servers that Square allows to go on.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Notice how there are 3 races who can be made UNDER the NA limit and have very suggestive clothing on them and do suggestive emotes and dances?

We also got many news articles about the ERP Scene in FFXIV and there's literally a known brothel operating in one of the servers that Square allows to go on.

Notice how NONE of them look like kids and only small race's outfits are changed to look less suggestive.

Another one who fails hard when trying to use FFXIV as their excuse. Is that ALL you guys do? Use other games to excuse your obsession? It's becoming pathetic at this point. You want to keep crying? Then be my guess. I'm done.

@Ephemiel said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Notice how NONE of them look like kids and only small race's outfits are changed to look less suggestive.

Another one who fails hard when trying to use FFXIV as their excuse. Is that ALL you guys do? Use other games to excuse your obsession?

Notice how you can make that Kid argument with PSO2 and can arguably make kid looking Miqotes and Auras in FFXIV too.

Hypocrite answer as always Ephe.

You used your playtime in FFXIV as an excuse, don't be a hypocrite mate.

On top of that, Of course people will be VISIBLY AND RIGHTLY SO angry when the product lies in their face, censors stuff and removes things that were originally there for no reason.

So your way of thinking is that: Let's not tell these people and lets lie to them so they play this game! But if we tell the mteh truth they get ticked off which is not right!

Don't be a dumbass ephe.

@Ephemiel Considering how the game still made quite a bit of money since it has launched in North America and expanded to other countries and still has people signing up and playing on a daily basis; not to mention some of those comment made note that they are going to play the JP version instead; so PSO2 is still being played. If there was any harm to the game, it would be solved by just uncensoring the game.

I've been playing FFXIV since ARR's Closed Beta. My female au'ra is about the same height as Ryne and is definitely shorter than the current limitation on PSO2 Global. Also, I haven't seen that much modification on lalafell outfits other than having it match their body shape. You can wear two pieces and bikinis on lalafells. Let us also not forget Tera and elins being uncensored or shai from BDO.

Also the outcries on Cuties is hypocritical. The film is meant to provoke censure. The film wouldn't be very effective if it didn't give people a glimpse at the sexualization of minors that happens on the internet.

If you are telling us that we should shut up and just accept the censorship without any dissent, I am going to say no to that. If this was against the rules, I would have likely been banned by this point. The fact that I and others have yet to be banned and this thread still persists, means that this topic is allowed.

@Ephemiel Let's be honest there. Most of the people on the comments section didn't even know they were playing a censored version before that video, and at least 90% of those don't even access the forums.

SEGA/Microsoft brought it to themselves.

And a quick reminder that PSO2 is mostly a game that has its structures in the game files. If SOMEONE reverses engineer the game and open a "less than legal" alternative without the censor, everybody will be moving there.

@Frost-Soar said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Ephemiel Let's be honest there. Most of the people on the comments section didn't even know they were playing a censored version before that video, and at least 90% of those don't even access the forums.

SEGA/Microsoft brought it to themselves.

Especially when they have a BLATANT FULL ON FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON THEIR TWITTER AND ROADMAP which clearly states that these cutscenes were supposed to be as they originally intended which is show in the JP version so.

While the reasonable person who said ''If this can stave off someone from going to a real child, it's better that way cause atleast they have an outlet so they can stave off the desire with a doll'' got completely ignored and buried.

Wtf did I just read. this mental illnes is not the same as smoking tabaco, this is a more serious matter that touches mental illness and sadism upon the children. That freaking gross shit will never heal or help people, it will make things in a long term much WORSE.

This is too much, im out of here.

@Dragon-Cloud said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Wtf did I just read. this mental illnes is not the same as smoking tabaco, this is a more serious matter that touches mental illness and sadism upon the children. That freaking gross shit will never heal or help people, it will make things in a long term much WORSE.

This is too much, im out of here.

Well think about this.

Tobacco is directed at a product, not a human being.

Violence is directed towards humans, not an item.

People use Martial arts, boxing and videogames as an outlet to purge themselves from wanting to hurt others and it's a proven concept.

Same way as listening to music, eating food etc is an outlet for different kinds of emotions.

So what does a person with questionable desires in this case a Pedophile have for them?

They cannot publicly find help or ask someone for help since people will be disgusted and treat them like filth and not even try and help them (The average person that is).

They will be less inclined to seek help and they wont have any reasonable safe outlet to try and purge themselves.

Thus their urge grows and ultimately explodes on to real life people.

So if the alternative is a doll for these people, then if that actually DOES help which it does help as is demonstrated in the previous examples as an outlet, they are much less inclined to attack actual children.

And if they can calm down and seek help more easily because they wont be fighting themselves constantly, then all the more power to that.

Put yourself in to the shoes of a social outcast who cannot publicly try and find help at all because they are treated as monsters and completely despised by the population at large.

You would be unable to get help since you would fear that you are just going to be killed.

We treat murderers with more humanity than someone with a mental health problem which could be easily staved off.

If you want to get rid of the problem, try and help them get help instead of attacking them and vilifying them.

For anyone who is interested in the subject and wants to get educated, here are two topics.

https://prostasia.org/blog/dolls-prevent-child-sexual-abuse/

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/01/can-child-dolls-keep-pedophiles-from-offending/423324/

We are mostly common joes who have no background in medical or psychotherapeutic backgrounds so this should help you understand a bit more on what can help decrease problems in real life.