Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@TheLamp5 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Rain-Gnyu e21129c9-d835-4901-9d5c-d92416ef00f2-image.png

BEGONE TROLLISH RAIN! that video doesn't have anything to do with the conversation with me and Luna!

No? Your sure, I am so confused. I thought I was helping with the conversation. This is not a community type suggestion thread? Doesn’t that video reflect both the phantasy and IRL mentality?

@Archetype-Luna heck Chinese internet is just like the maddness community except without sending the poo pics involved.

tho It just I find interesting that how SEGA is being hard headed about.....well what they did during the time with Global.

@Riesz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

They added the word stupid to the censored words list in-game. Why??? Really the word stupid? That's just uh... well stupid.

How is the PSO2 censor list worse than freaking Roblox's?? That's so insane.

There is a certain group that infiltrate every IP they can that need to be thrown out on their asses everywhere.

@The-Merfox Simple, their refusal to communicate lead to an overall failure of understanding the English community, to the point where they don't even know what words to filter anymore because they are not sure what is truly offensive. They have been so focused on the JP side of things, they don't know how to properly manage global.

Genshin Impact's problem is that it's still based in China where the "Republic of the People" is a giant outrage mob.

They're doomed no matter what they do, because of recent maneuvers towards controlling the video game industry in China.

Here is a link to a 3 hour video of an investor (legal term here) in a company telling how toxic the "woke" staff can be.

TLDR: Vet your employees stealthily through commissions. If clout and ideology is more important than money, then they will cost you money.

There is a thread stating that [/la stroke] is censored due to [stroke] being censored.

Here was my response:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Emote Pet not working!:

Great job sabotaging a partner, Microsoft. Time for SEGA to remove your big boy boots if it really is you pulling the censorship strings.

Bravo, really. Some adjustments are far too dumb for me to put into words how royally that messed up the game's functions.

Now Global is going to have to explain to JP why there needs to be a code revision for both versions of the game's emote system....

While JP and Global are still in a "cooling off" period of this community/staff relationship. I hope the censorship team enjoys being contractors.

alt text

So yeah, congrats to the censorship team for winning the ill-gotten prize of "Speedrun to the Fire List."

This can only continue on for so long before the Japanese investors take control of the Global investors.

Reminder to the shareholders: Screenshot_45.jpg

Screenshot_46.jpg

There are limits where the "cooling off" period will become "We're not a thing anymore. We're breaking up."

And there has been so many players already spamming "I left for FFXIV."

Admit it, PSO2/PSO2NGS is now back to a Teen rated game again.

@Rain-Gnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I thought I was helping with the conversation.

You never do.

Ever.

@HarmlessSyan said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Rain-Gnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You never do.

Ever.

Rain's narcissism doesn't even compare to the censorship staff we're arguing against.

Self indulgent, maybe, but blind chaotic stupid is up for debate.

You can't convince me that Microsoft isn't involved here.

SEGA needs to remove the PSO2/PSO2NGS default [Chat Log Strong Language Filter On] option and add in an [Chat Log Strong Language Filter Off] switch.

This is getting far too controlling of a partnership. Screenshot_33.jpg Screenshot_34.jpg Screenshot_33.jpg

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@HarmlessSyan said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You never do.

Ever.

Rain's narcissism doesn't even compare to the censorship staff we're arguing against.

Self indulgent, maybe, but blind chaotic stupid is up for debate.

You can't convince me that Microsoft isn't involved here.

SEGA needs to remove the PSO2/PSO2NGS default [Chat Log Strong Language Filter On] option and add in an [Chat Log Strong Language Filter Off] switch.

This is getting far too controlling of a partnership. Screenshot_33.jpg Screenshot_34.jpg Screenshot_33.jpg

What the fuck. I knew none of this? They want to censor speech and text? So no more M rated games I guess then. This is stupid, beyond stupid. I'm glad I canceled my Gold now. Before I was upset I had to cancel it, because I could no longer afford that subscription, especially when that price hike was looming, ( later a reversed decision) but now I find out people aren't allowed to cuss anymore? Or at least that's the plan.

Edit: I read into it. It's based on content settings in the menu regarding account settings. Evidently it's an extension for parental controls, so because I have all of it turned off, I'm not effected. So I'm not as upset. It's not mandatory. Thank God for that. I only talk with friends I trust anyways, and they won't report me for crude language. Now if SEGA could match that type of setup. At least then I could actually have fun talking with people, without fear of someone getting upset about my cuss words, or the word stroke being censored, which breaks the pet emote.

@Anarchy-Marine Well it's just doesn't help that during the 360 era, it was common to see children to cuss alot. (hence why children that does this and scream in both text and VC are referred as squeakers.) Probably it's the reason why the Language Filter was add in the parental controls, so the squeakers wont have anyways to rage about. LMAO

@TheLamp5 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Anarchy-Marine Well it's just doesn't help that during the 360 era, it was common to see children to cuss alot. (hence why children that does this and scream in both text and VC are referred as squeakers.) Probably it's the reason why the Language Filter was add in the parental controls, so the squeakers wont have anyways to rage about. LMAO

The fact that parental controls existed on the 360, during that era, showcase how pointless parental controls are, when parents aren't responsible enough to both implement them, and enforce them.

Edit: one of my friends had his on, and he couldn't communicate with anyone that wasn't on his friends list, until he was 18. I added him because he was good at Halo. He was sixteen/seventeen At the time, and I thought it was kind of funny that he had a Mic, but wasn't talking. The second he accepted, I could hear him. He was polite as all hell. Funny, the kids that had good parents were polite, and half had safety settings on. The rest that had bad parents, and no parental supervision at all, were the squeakers.

@Anarchy-Marine It doesn't help that it's always the bad parents that don't punish the squeakers in question, and because of this children that are polite are lumped always in the squeakers because the stereotypes that the squeakers are known during that era and in video.

Tho I'm glad there still are good parents out there in the world that raised their kids to be polite.

with the bad parents it's feel like it's the reason why you have crap like the en Genshin Impact and MHA fandoms doing stupid stuff alot in this era.

Announcement Page

The fact that they're looking for other censored emotes hints at something else going on here.

SEGA Censorship Team:

"Watch us be super inclusive to the epileptics in our community by removing [Stroke] while we break the game's core emote system!"

Seriously, dude. I mocked EA for this same exact attitude.

Not only did someone cause a bug through intentional Chat Log adjustments, but it's mega uncool overall.

Don't be causing more work for your co-workers like the Censorship Team member who did this.

alt text

China's community is a huge outrage mob (even more so than the rest of the world) because of their "social credit" system which is literally almost the same thing as the up and down buttons from that one episode of the Orville. people are encouraged to destroy the lives of those they (actually the state) disagree with.

I can't read that. Do you have a link for a higher resolution image?