Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Has cancel culture ever really worked in getting something cancelled?

Yes, they have. As Anarchy Marine mentioned, that was probably Vic Mignogna - he is basically done in the industry, have not gotten any parts since 2019. Other places that cancel culture hit are indies game devs and book authors. There were many cases that smaller devs were actively kept out of conventions and receive zero coverage in the western game media (which are heavily SJW influenced). Book authors often find very few publishers are willing to publish their books and there were many instances where publishers cancels their contracts due to SJW outrage.

Oh I heard of that guy. Did the voice of E-123 Omega a few years back, right? At least that one probably wasn't a cancellation since it seems we can't go five minutes without news of the entire Sonic cast being replaced again and again.

More video content which explains the PSO2 + Lionbridge translation situation for those who may not understand the Funimation/Crunchyroll/Sony translation situation.

TBH, if job opportunities for JP to English translators existed in JP, then SEGA of NA wouldn't need to exist.

@Miraglyth said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Oh I heard of that guy. Did the voice of E-123 Omega a few years back, right? At least that one probably wasn't a cancellation since it seems we can't go five minutes without news of the entire Sonic cast being replaced again and again.

That is a fair point for rotationary vocal refreshes, but he did voice a lot of characters, so it could be an ongoing game.

I really gotta stop double posting, I feel like a bum.

Anyways, so I was wondering how teleport hacking can't be caught by GMs and it turns out to be typical graphical layering that gets abused.

Now I don't know how deeply anyone tested NGS, but here's another WoW video of shame to give SEGA an idea of how the bots run.

There's really nowhere else to put this aside from a full circle thread because it really doesn't deserve a thread of it's own.

Have random names gotten censored/prohibited for NGS yet?

@MasterDarkwingz Would probably need to see if the text filter affects names.

As for how tested the game is, I am kind of sus on that based on past issues.

Remember the poster bug from around late EP3? That is a huge red flag as the issue was just a simple missing file since it could be resolved by taking the missing file from the JP client and putting it in the correct spot in the global folders.

A simple IO error like that could and should have been handled in a try catch where if the IO error occurred, it should have caught it and just load a placeholder. Like that is just standard practice when it comes to programming, like you learn that in the first semester as a CS major.

So yeah, I don't have high hopes for their QA. Probably does not help that they are new to azure.

Also, the game probably does more things client side than most MMO's. This has the upside of making a game more responsive compared to a server side solution, but more vulnerable to cheating.

Still they probably could do something like have the game just report positions periodically and if it gets a suspicious report, i.e. the character's position changing in impossible ways due to using a teleport hack, flag it for later review (to make sure it is not a false positive).

Just a possible solution I came up with on the spur of the moment so I might be missing something (also am sleep deprived).

@Archetype-Luna The boundary breach GM ping sounds like a good idea to me.

Not sure if censoring randomized text/names would help, considering that Mabinogi bots have bypassed that detection by randomizing further.

A Reddit user has brought to my attention that SEGA is not only targeting the lewd versions of loli SA, but decently dressed ones as well.

The Reddit user in question brought up an example of the SA as an H-game loli in a bikini.

Sounding like Episode 4? Well that's because SEGA is afraid of Microsoft bailing out.

(They most certainly aren't helping with the lack of additional development teams, so why keep them in SEGA's pockets?)

It seems that SEGA will remain Anti-Dwarfism for quite a while.

And again, H-games are rated Mature in the first place. (Of which PSO2 is rated)

SEGA never fails to surprise me as to the lengths it will go to censor content relating to "depictions of minors."

(Which is 100% legal in California where SEGA is based.)

@MasterDarkwingz Honestly at this point it's just sad. It feels like SEGA doesn't know what they should do on every front, and are just scrambling to get by.

@The-Merfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz Honestly at this point it's just sad. It feels like SEGA doesn't know what they should do on every front, and are just scrambling to get by.

The last time we had a big ban related drama...

The staff started off with 3 Day Warning Bans because they had no idea what to do.

(Despite the players all knowing what a very clear exploit is in terms of account exclusivity.)

Then it moved onto a perma ban wave because the behavior continued.

If H-game lolis are prohibited SA like how it is on Reddit, then there really needed to have been clarification that SEGA is going by Microsoft's ToS with regards to prohibited behavior.

(IE- Nothing even remotely related to lewd content and no "gamer words" at all.)

So if an H-Game Loli, even if the SA by itself is not lewd, can get you banned. RIP anyone who uses it without knowing who the character is.

Honestly, between this, the market prices, and all of the other deficiencies global has compared to JP; it just makes the idea of playing on Global just kind of depressing.

I actually saved quite a few SA of cute anime characters and a South Park meme. (WoW episode "We did it, we're heroes.")

I probably will keep my store SA pretty basic since I'm not a loli expert like the mods.

I haven't really used SA for anything in chat, but if this H-loli decency ban isn't contributing to more FUD, idk what is.

@Archetype-Luna Sound like the Symbol Art I made lol.

I think I know the one you are talking about.

The H-game in the example the Redditor posted apparently is rated 18+ in Japan.

I'm seeing some Microsoft Windows logos on the Visual Novel Database page, so maybe my "blame Microsoft" theory is correct here.

It seems to have been a 2013/2014 release H-game, so... obligatory HAHA! SEGA staff is a Weeb!

(No duh, you kind of have to be for mod positions these days. Would've been sadder if there hadn't been a nerd to notice.)

But yeah, probably has those no-no visuals for a 17+ Mature rated game.

Also the loli character is 149 cm.... Which is a censored height for PSO2.

The H-game itself also takes place in a school setting: Where Steam does not approve.

If a character scripted as a "Brocon" with 3rd Person speech doesn't convince you that the SA ban of that character is reasonable, I don't know what you were expecting.

@MasterDarkwingz Actually Steam do have uncensored H-games.