Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Drakaina Because I find it silly for SEGA to remove them because they are losing benefit/profit from a specific audience if we 'll move the topic to money.

Like for example Genshin Impact released Klee banner and it's was successful, TERA Ellins saved the game for a moment, etc...

@Teasa oh I agree they shouldn't remove content

@Teasa said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@The-Merfox It's was before engine update tho, because in 2020 you could load a preset from JP below the height and the game will say you're "character is below 150cm.", now in 2021 before engine update and NGS release when you load the preset, the game will say the file is corrupted something like that and this is when they hard coded the height restriction.

I think I should clarify a bit. Before the engine update, they would show you the character from the preset but still refuse to let you use it. Now, they won't even load it in if they detect that the character is too short.

@The-Merfox I tried it not long before NGS was released and it wouldn't let me view the character either, it would immediately give me the message the character was too short if I tried to do anything. There is a program to convert character data to a size within the global limits at least, but yeah annoying to even have to do that.

@Riesz I didn't know they changed it before that. When the NA version had just released, the game had no problem showing me my JP character but wouldn't let me get past the preset selection menu.

Height restriction will always bother me but the company fails to make players happy with anything else so it’s pointless to hope they’ll ever change it. I know that sounds pessimistic but not once has it felt like our voices were ever heard. This thread allows us to talk about it amongst ourselves but we don’t get any sway with the company other than “why don’t you spend more money?” survey. 😞

@Milk Well, when a game is in dire straits, it may do some desperate things. Tera uncensored Elins and then doubled down on Elin cosmetics for example. I mean this thread was locked but they brought it back right when things were getting dire for the game.

No matter what you do you always have people complain like it was uncensored/censored some people will complaining about the bathroom scene saying witj al hitsugi and korhi ( 16 from what I could find ) the US and other places for example where the age of consent is 18 ( utterly disgusting how could you allow a scene with children like this ) the same thing goes with height ( oh you like to make a short character do you like to sexualize children ) is probably some of the arguments they would use

And trying to come up with a compelling argument on why you should allow such content in the game with children young adults or anything that can look like children young adults is hard to do without you sounding creepy probably one of the most easiest ways to get some uncensored content would be make this game 18 or whatever the highest age rating is in your country

If I am wrong feel free to correct me and I will adjust it

@Drakaina It's the same arguments over and over again... you'll find in every censorships/height thread.

I Gotta keep repeating about removing the Height restriction and I will mention many games that allows making LOLI / PETITE CHARACTER in a Global / EU/NA release and it's doesn't matter what laws you have in your countries... because those games are available in Global or EU/NA/MEA/SEA etc... release.

Dragon Raja is rated Teen :

6c1918b4-2f53-4315-af79-7bd063586f48-image.png

474b7deb-1c28-445d-9130-1cc82e6a9448-image.png

Revelation Online :

3820f8bb-65f7-4ae4-8a78-6a95cabf946b-image.png

71cf23ff-c7fb-4268-a8dc-c2d22e436ea9-image.png

ArcheAge - Dwarf race :

a350bd28-a4bc-41de-86ba-cfc46d2bf54e-image.png

Blade and Soul - Lyn race :

46bfebec-d04d-43d9-b321-f22cf1163d76-image.png

FFXIV - Lalafell race :

b4aaa3cb-ef0b-45e8-b7af-6492824e93fc-image.png

Black Desert Online - Shai class :

d15c55bf-38d4-4cc6-b260-2530eea7bc2b-image.png

TERA - Elin race :

e5a73fe9-1f11-4f4e-aa76-0fe8e97495ac-image.png

f641743f-a1af-411a-b08d-a5dd36ecfba7-image.png

Bless Online (Unchained) - Mascu race :

4d5936dc-3447-45d2-ab21-d36dd51a5fa2-image.png

Scarlet Blade - Sentinel :

b1b0df9d-2715-49f9-a573-e256d79f4fe2-image.png

@Drakaina said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

No matter what you do you always have people complain like it was uncensored/censored some people will complaining about the bathroom scene saying witj al hitsugi and korhi ( 16 from what I could find ) the US and other places for example where the age of consent is 18 ( utterly disgusting how could you allow a scene with children like this ) the same thing goes with height ( oh you like to make a short character do you like to sexualize children ) is probably some of the arguments they would use

I got an easy argument against those. If they're so appalled that people would want the original game, they shouldn't be supporting SEGA anyway because they're the ones that allowed players over on the Japanese server to make those characters in the first place, and the ones that made the bath cutscene. If they just don't want to see it, then they really don't care about what they're spouting, since it's already happening.

@The-Merfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Drakaina said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

No matter what you do you always have people complain like it was uncensored/censored some people will complaining about the bathroom scene saying with al hitsugi and korhi ( 16 from what I could find ) the US and other places for example where the age of consent is 18 ( utterly disgusting how could you allow a scene with children like this ) the same thing goes with height ( oh you like to make a short character do you like to sexualize children ) is probably some of the arguments they would use

I got an easy argument against those. If they're so appalled that people would want the original game, they shouldn't be supporting SEGA anyway because they're the ones that allowed players over on the Japanese server to make those characters in the first place, and the ones that made the bath cutscene. If they just don't want to see it, then they really don't care about what they're spouting, since it's already happening.

(1) I dont think anyone (normal) is appalled with the global Ver I think we gamers just want the content the JP has that was cut from global Ver (witch is a fair ask)

(2) If they're so appalled that people would want the original game its that some people dont want to see that the bath cutscene with under age characters (in there zone) and dont feel comfortable with it and want it censored the same with (3)

(3) here is @Teasa point ( and for the record I wouldn't mind or care to play small or if you do)

• I Gotta keep repeating about removing the Height restriction and I will mention many games that allows making LOLI / PETITE CHARACTER in a Global / EU/NA release and it's doesn't matter what laws you have in your countries... because those games are available in Global or EU/NA/MEA/SEA etc... release.

some people just dont want to see a small character under age or not in lewd attire at all

(4 ) @The-Merfox you said If they just don't want to see it, then they really don't care about what they're spouting, since it's already happening.

people have a right to not want in the game (if they play it) but if not they cant really have a opinion on a thing they dont even play

i to want the JP stuff but ill say point from both the side of the uncensored/censored

@Drakaina So @Archetype-Luna already went over the legalities for depictions of minors as being legal in an art form in the USA.

We're just going full circle at this point.

There are no solutions SEGA can utilize to solve debt other than spending money for a larger development team in Japan to release zone and combat related content as readily as Genshin Impact.

@Drakaina When I say people are appalled, I mean the pro-censorship crowd that don't want to see the original content. To them, supposedly, it's immoral, but SEGA already made it, so why would they support SEGA?

And if people don't want to see certain things, they can behave like adults and not look at them. Skip the cutscene, and turn down detailed character count if you really don't want to see other players in an online game.

I don't want to see half-naked women all over the place in online games, but do I whine when they're there? No, I just deal with it. And that should be the standard behavior for all players. Whining because you want to refuse the right for others to do as they like is incredibly immature.

@MasterDarkwingz he did what page

@The-Merfox

good points