Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@MasterDarkwingz

so took time make this and tried have female one as short of height as I can here are results

Human Type 2-1

pso20210514_230649_000.jpg

Height: 152cm

Human Type 2-2

pso20210514_230839_003.jpg

Height: 158cm

Newman Type 2-1

pso20210514_230741_001.jpg

Height: 154cm

Newman Type 2-2

pso20210514_230809_002.jpg

Height: 157cm

CAST Type 2-1

pso20210514_230906_004.jpg

Height: 158cm

CAST Type 2-2

pso20210514_230924_005.jpg

Height: 156cm

Deuman Type 2-1

pso20210514_230953_006.jpg

Height: 157cm

Deuman Type 2-2

pso20210514_231006_007.jpg

Height: 153cm

Over all the Human is shortest at 152cm which I believe is the default form PSO2 NA/Global height restriction, IDK how male one fare might do one later tho

My Auxiliary has my bikini equipped ATM, so somewhere around 150 is indeed the baseline height with the addition of the lowest heels.

I smell Microsoft in cahoots with the UK on this one. It's the only reason why they wouldn't have removed it for the NGS release.

(Approximately a 10-12 year old minor according to unverified Google articles, which is as far as censorship research goes.)

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

My Auxiliary has my bikini equipped ATM, so somewhere around 150 is indeed the baseline height with the addition of the lowest heels.

I smell Microsoft in cahoots with the UK on this one. It's the only reason why they wouldn't have removed it for the NGS release.

(Approximately a 10 year old minor according to unverified Google articles, which is as far as censorship research goes.)

Or a growth stunted adult. We have been over this time and again, height of the character doesn't equate to the fictional characters age.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

(Approximately a 10 year old minor according to unverified Google articles, which is as far as censorship research goes.)

Or a growth stunted adult. We have been over this time and again, height of the character doesn't equate to the fictional characters age.

True. But then again, this is a video game.

Only a true prude from the UK would put any IRL significance to a Height slider's gauge.

I would prefer it be thought of as Photonic Units and not an indicator to Inches or Centimeters.

@MasterDarkwingz No, it's also the US and Austrailia. But it's a very vocal minority in each country, the same minority that wants to outlaw Jappanese Anime, because of the same reason. Fictional characters within a certain age range are problematic. The same group that talks horribly about Jappanese artists whitewashing characters, or over sexualized characters, all the while, in a massive state of hypocrisy making more posts on Twitter saying stop the Asian hate. Let's be honest here, it's a subset of people in society that do this, and unfortunately as of late, law makers, and big business has been readily giving them their ear. They look for things to be upset about, but when those typically silent about things, even have the appearance that they are ready to complain, they get shut down and called any number of hate filled things.

Edit: Point is I'm tired of entertaining the delusional on that topic. Fictional characters aren't real, and thus none of that matters, and I should be able to customize my character to the same extent a player in Japan can. Not be restricted because someone can't draw the line between reality based issues, and a videogame character. Anyone that freaks out about that stuff needs to get out of the house, and go for a walk once in a while. And get off of social media. It rots the brain, and thusly destroys the mind. Well that and high doses of sugar, but that's in a more literal sense, because of arterial issues.

@akh101 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I am happy to hear it is in place. Very happy!

I see the useful "LOL it fine, consume product" has return for who knows how many times

Look your comment are about as useful as average artillery player in World of Tanks saying "class is fine nothing wrong with it" wile sitting back of map twirling their fingers and making every players day miserable by putting crippling stuns and chipping health down to zero.

Troll or not, their are better thing to do than stalk thread to be anti for the sake of it unless your actual going say why you are in detail than your usual one liner comments.

With a 100+ post on the thread topic everything has been said more than once! You guys just won’t stop. Sega is not changing it stance on the right type Censorship but you guys seem to think they can’t hear you. At this point it nothing more than whining and cry.

Let it go let it die and move on.......it’s over. The lights have been turned off and normal people have gone home now.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@akh101 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I am happy to hear it is in place. Very happy!

I see the useful "LOL it fine, consume product" has return for who knows how many times

Look your comment are about as useful as average artillery player in World of Tanks saying "class is fine nothing wrong with it" wile sitting back of map twirling their fingers and making every players day miserable by putting crippling stuns and chipping health down to zero.

Troll or not, their are better thing to do than stalk thread to be anti for the sake of it unless your actual going say why you are in detail than your usual one liner comments.

With a 100+ post on the thread topic everything has been said more than once! You guys just won’t stop. Sega is not changing it stance on the right type Censorship but you guys seem to think they can’t hear you. At this point it nothing more than whining and cry.

Let it go let it die and move on.......it’s over. The lights have been turned off and normal people have gone home now.

and 4k day average on SteamDB player count sure sound like it doing great, totally. whether or not NGS can boost that average number is debatable and continuing of it is not going to help it in long run.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz No, it's also the US and Austrailia. But it's a very vocal minority in each country, the same minority that wants to outlaw Jappanese Anime, because of the same reason. Fictional characters within a certain age range are problematic. The same group that talks horribly about Jappanese artists whitewashing characters, or over sexualized characters, all the while, in a massive state of hypocrisy making more posts on Twitter saying stop the Asian hate. Let's be honest here, it's a subset of people in society that do this, and unfortunately as of late, law makers, and big business has been readily giving them their ear. They look for things to be upset about, but when those typically silent about things, even have the appearance that they are ready to complain, they get shut down and called any number of hate filled things.

Oh, I'm very aware of the US nutters. I have to live with them in literally every aspect of entertainment I read and watch.

Everyone is afraid of them here. Not just SEGA.

Anime artists get bullied off Twitter with no repercussions. It's not an issue for JP's audience and various social medias, but it impacts us US fans.

First the various propaganda started off as a whine in 2014, but now that their addicted politics have moved on, it's full on tantrum mode for those people who won't let the steam fly away.

People fear their kids growing up with that type of nasty people as well.

SEGA listened to Sonic fans. Why is PSO2 any different? Does it require enough fans to fund a movie ?

I feel that the height restriction is a hate crime against short people to be honest. There are plenty of short adults and they shouldn't have to feel discriminated against.

@MasterDarkwingz I'm more worried that our youth are being brainwashed by those people. Their hate, their willingness to outright lie when proven wrong, or when nobody wants to listen to them. But that's going to a topic adjacent to the one at hand.

[Edit] And yeah, we'd need to be able to fund the game on a large enough scale to get SEGA to listen.

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I feel that the height restriction is a hate crime against short people to be honest. There are plenty of short adults and they shouldn't have to feel discriminated against.

Found a chart that breaks the ">150 is for minors" theory.

My character is currently 158 at the shortest Height with the addition of Creslow Legs CV that added more to the original gauge.

(Btw, the chart is accurate to the release era data.)

alt text

@MasterDarkwingz Some regions of the world have much taller on average heights than others, and other regions are shorter. Development of the bodies growth in regards to height are both genetic, and food intake specific. Anyone with basic understanding of the medical field gets this. Again, it doesn't matter as we are talking about a game. It's not real, therefore what I'm role-playing as doesn't either. We can leave charts out of it. We need to stop entertaining delusional people by continuing on with the discussion in such a way. We should be refocused on getting the point across that the original slider is better, and we want it.

@akh101 All of this other stuff said, those reflection maps still look killer, as do the overall textures. Just wanted to comment on the photos you shared.

@Anarchy-Marine It felt worth showing something other than opinions to SEGA in the case that >150 was deemed censor worthy.

And this is a Japanese game, so that makes this censorship all the more offensive to a western audience.

The Ratings Boards exist for a reason.

SEGA should utilize it for the proper advisory instead of bending over backwards to keep the warnings minimal.

If Microsoft is too scared that a shorter height would bring on a propagandist's worst case scenario theory, then they should have done their research before investing localization into SEGA's little ecchi Episode 4 scenes. This is like Interspecies Reviewers all over again.

If the minimal Height didn't meet the standards of Microsoft, then all they had to do was let someone else take the credit for the investment instead, and pass the bill under the table.

@MasterDarkwingz True, but at this point I'm just going to wait it out. These decisions typically get reverted when player numbers dip low enough, because usually that means those that would find a reason to get offended by anything would be long gone, and companies like to re-focus on the core user base at that point.