Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

Hopped on JP the other day to see what my status was on my old char. Logged in and I saw just how much we really are missing. All the content? still not athing.

@Queen-Bloodlust said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Hopped on JP the other day to see what my status was on my old char. Logged in and I saw just how much we really are missing. All the content? still not athing.

Do we really need it all? Why is it so important to be just like the JP platform?

Yes. Because it’s false advertising.

@Pariah-Chan said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Yes. Because it’s false advertising.

In the recent Prologue 3, it's already been officially confirmed that Global will miss things because of legal issues.

With collaboration deals, the best way to bypass conglomerate monopolization can be to develop new contracts with higher bribes and additional merchandising. (Such as Netflix Originals instead of Studio Khara.)

It only goes without saying that there are ways to work around regional specific clauses if the distribution rights branch outwards across the globe.

Square Enix collaborated with Butterfinger for mount codes, and all it cost the customer is $5 and a photographed receipt.

Why can't SEGA work out a deal with anime companies to go through a third party in such a similar manner?

Is the pandemic too risky for stock and distribution in such an event?

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Do we really need it all?

Even leaving aside the censorship discussion for a moment, do you really think "Your game could have more content but we're not letting you have some of it!" is clever marketing?

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Why can't SEGA work out a deal with anime companies to go through a third party in such a similar manner?

Probably because prior licensing agreements in specific regions become such a mess that sooner or later it's not financially viable to try. I mean, imagine an anime is licensed for broadcast and merchandising in North America, sub-licensed for broadcast only in South America, separately licensed for broadcast and merchandising in Europe but with a dub that was separately licensed from the company that provided the dub for the company with the North American rights... Sega would need to do quite a lot to unpick it all:

• Find out who has any licenses in any region outside Japan.
  • Find out what those licenses cover and whether they include rights to use names, songs etc in collaborations.
  • Separately negotiate with - and agree any necessary payments going to - all license-holders and potentially separate English dub producers.
  • Where payment structures are dynamic, actually stay on top of calculating how much they owe to each partner and making those payments.

And they would need to successfully negotiate with all involved parties, because any one of them could shut the whole attempt down making the entire exercise a financial black hole.

And also keep in mind this is also just to provide a little entertainment to the portion of PSO2's existing players that care, because it's not like any of them have or will promote PSO2 themselves - or are even current when Global features them. I imagine in JP when PSO2 does a collaboration with an anime, it happens when the anime is airing so they can advertise PSO2 in return?

But this is more of an issue with Global getting legacy content; hopefully with Global being up-to-date with NGS means future collaborations will be for IPs that are still relevant and perhaps less mired in pre-existing licenses. I took the Prologue 3 disclaimer as a warning that it might not be possible to bring over all the content, not that they wouldn't try where they could.

@Miraglyth said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Do we really need it all?

Even leaving aside the censorship discussion for a moment, do you really think "Your game could have more content but we're not letting you have some of it!" is clever marketing?

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Probably because prior licensing agreements in specific regions become such a mess that sooner or later it's not financially viable to try. I mean, imagine an anime is licensed for broadcast and merchandising in North America, sub-licensed for broadcast only in South America, separately licensed for broadcast and merchandising in Europe but with a dub that was separately licensed from the company that provided the dub for the company with the North American rights... Sega would need to do quite a lot to unpick it all:

• Find out who has any licenses in any region outside Japan.
  • Find out what those licenses cover and whether they include rights to use names, songs etc in collaborations.
  • Separately negotiate with - and agree any necessary payments going to - all license-holders and potentially separate English dub producers.
  • Where payment structures are dynamic, actually stay on top of calculating how much they owe to each partner and making those payments.

And they would need to successfully negotiate with all involved parties, because any one of them could shut the whole attempt down making the entire exercise a financial black hole.

And also keep in mind this is also just to provide a little entertainment to the portion of PSO2's existing players that care, because it's not like any of them have or will promote PSO2 themselves - or are even current when Global features them. I imagine in JP when PSO2 does a collaboration with an anime, it happens when the anime is airing so they can advertise PSO2 in return?

But this is more of an issue with Global getting legacy content; hopefully with Global being up-to-date with NGS means future collaborations will be for IPs that are still relevant and perhaps less mired in pre-existing licenses. I took the Prologue 3 disclaimer as a warning that it might not be possible to bring over all the content, not that they wouldn't try where they could.

Makes sense! Much Love.......Thank you!

I can understand us missing out on most collaborations because Global didn’t even exist yet but going forward in NGS if we still are excluded from events then that’s inexcusable.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I can understand us missing out on most collaborations because Global didn’t even exist yet but going forward in NGS if we still are excluded from events then that’s inexcusable.

Culture differences between regions is a factor.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Culture differences between regions is a factor.

On a positive note, I did see Crunchyroll advertise the PSO2 and Sword Art Online collaboration.

Could be a coincidence with Google algorithm or something, or it could be tied to Aniplex copyright advertising/merchandising.

It'll be difficult to take a screenshot of it with the other advert rotations.

@Queen-Bloodlust said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Do we really need it all? Why is it so important to be just like the JP platform?

Because of the All the Content promise. Like sure some collaborations are expected to not go through for legal reasons, but that doesn't excuse everything. Fact is, JP is just currently a superior server and is likely to remain that way. Not even in just terms of content, but monetization. If cultural differences actually played a part, Global's monetization should be much better than JP's, but it really isn't.

At this point, they should just retract the All the Content promise.

So I’m already hearing from players that the censor is still in effect for NGS. 😞

@Pariah-Chan

Got some links to back the clam?

Out of curiosity as I have little to no expectation of this being unedited in one way or another and going be "same sh*t, different day" scenario

In NGS CBT few thing I can tell at the moment is the height restriction still a thing , base where stuff kinda same form PSO2 base, not sure if it a place holder or it will be change on later date but I doubt it will.

I am happy to hear it is in place. Very happy!

I am happy to hear it is in place. Very happy!

I see the useful "LOL it fine, consume product" has return for who knows how many times

Look your comment are about as useful as average artillery player in World of Tanks saying "class is fine nothing wrong with it" wile sitting back of map twirling their fingers and making every players day miserable by putting crippling stuns and chipping health down to zero.

Troll or not, their are better thing to do than stalk thread to be anti for the sake of it unless your actual going say why you are in detail than your usual one liner comments.

@akh101 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Pariah-Chan

Got some links to back the clam?

Out of curiosity as I have little to no expectation of this being unedited in one way or another and going be "same sh*t, different day" scenario

In NGS CBT few thing I can tell at the moment is the height restriction still a thing , base where stuff kinda same form PSO2 base, not sure if it a place holder or it will be change on later date but I doubt it will.

Fairly certain all base newbie wear/styles unlock is intentional from prior JP Beta tests.

(Which indicates new "cross-race" feature works as intended.)

Will keep a lookout on streams for the slider test.

Footage from a Vtuber. Max Height appears to be 205. (Not counting heel Height addition.)

I can't read the full Minimum height, but it appears to be 150. The standard censorship raito.

Screenshot_8.jpg Screenshot_6.jpg

The measurements for character Height are in Centimeters.

(Maximum is 8 feet 2 inches, Minimum is 4 Feet 11 inches.)

Heels work the same. Add 3-8 inches or so.