Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

Some tend to speak for the community as tho what they believe is what the community wants. Which is a false narrative.

I love what Sega has done with the censorship.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

As far as I’m concerned, even if another company is involved, it’s Sega’s game and they’re responsible for any changes to it.

True.

Although I think that if SEGA were the target of the censorship outrage instead of it's partners, we probably wouldn't see so many loyal PSO2 fans around.

It probably helps with general morale that the audience is mature enough to use creativity to get around some of the restrictions, in my opinion.

I honestly don’t think most players are even aware Global is missing stuff or had these changes but you’re probably right. I think people would be bothered but it would sting a lot more if there wasn’t some scapegoat company to blame instead.

There is definitely an agenda to censor gaming in general. Check out this article.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/gta-5-online-grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-ps5-xbox-one-series-x-pc-sale-banned/

There's literally a point where this goes from being a meme, to ignorance, to simple stupidity. For anyone that doesn't want to read this, essentially a Democratic representative out of Chicago wants to ban violent video games, and wants to revoke even adult access to them. Violence against humans, or humanoid people, and animals, are a no no to this guy, as he believes that they cause real world violence, even though human on human violence has been in existence since long before the advant of video games, and most theft is caused by poverty. And the reason I believe this applies to Phantasy Star Online by extension, is that there is a violence in game with humanoid, and animals. Hell, that's 90/95% of all games that currently exist. I wanted to share this to make a final point. Censorship is an evil in this world that needs to be stamped out period. Fully grown adults have the civil rights to chose to view, or play what they want to, as long as it's not hurting someone else. And I mean physically, as it can be argued that people that complain of how certain content harms them emotionally can literally use the same discretion to watch, or play something else.

I'm simply sick and tired of the ignorance, and sheer stupidity I've been seeing coming out of people today. They aren't acting like adults, they are acting like uneducated children, with zero grasp of reality. The world is a harsh place, and taking happy pills, and censoring out anything one deems to be harmful, for whatever the reason, doesn't suddenly make the real world issues go away. That's called running from the real issues, and placing blame on something else. Again, something a child does. Going back several pages, you can see that pretty damned clearly. It was children, and childish behavior that made false claims against users here that took issues with removal of content, and it's children that argue in circles. And it's this same shared mentality that this state representative out of Chicago shares. He goes so far as to blame Grand Theft Auto V for car jacking issues in America, when that has existed for a lot longer than even the original first computer.

These issues stem from the reality that is human nature, and pretending that it's anything other than that, treating something as problematic, simply because your not able to view the world as it is, and can't differentiate between reality in fiction means that you are the one with the real issues in this world, not the people you decry. But now it's not just Phantasy Star Online, with minimal removed content that's an issue, the issue is larger than that. There are people out there that take that mentality further, and beyond, and make it political, and go beyond even that and make it a legal issue. It's this dangerous precedent that I talked about a long time ago being set, that I abhor. I'm not just sharing this here for that reason alone. I'm going to make it clear that people like this misuse their voice, and those people should always ultimately be ignored.

I’m going to work so keeping it brief but I remember before videogames it was Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering. People literally associated it with witchcraft for pete’s sake. People are dumb and can’t separate fiction from reality so they just assume nobody else can, either. I watch a lot of crime TV and I quite vividly remember some guy was a suspect to police because he freaking played MTG.

I myself own a now banned game in the US(collecting dust in storage but still) deemed too violent despite its adult rating. It wasn’t banned when I got it, obviously but someone decided NO! It’s evil!

They’ve been studying the link between violence in videogames to violence in real life for years and time and time again they never find conclusive evidence but people can’t accept that, they want something to blame when they fail at parenting or something is just out of their hands. It’s not the videogame’s fault a person was violent.

@Milk Exactly. This senator wants to place blame anywhere but where the fault actually lies. And it lies with those leading/running the state, and the people they have failed over the last forty, to fifty years. And by extension, he believes that he can blame everything wrong, not just in Chicago, but in the world as a whole on video games.

I am listening 👂........you guys have anything else to add.

Yeah, there's many reasons companies who value profit are moving out of California for Texas.

Hopefully SEGA takes the hint, but uh... I heard that Sony's PS HQ might be moving out of Japan for Cali.

There may be no helping big blue if SEGA trusts everything Californians say.

I can't tell if the translation team did a literal translation of PSO2 Comi, or if the "See you later alligator- After a while crocodile" pun was lost in translation.

Please tell me the team knows the joke.

Might be an embarrassment if no one on the team knew the punchline and left it for the spoken lines in the animation version instead of the textual explanation.

@Milk There's a funny story for how someone got into D&D by tricking the adults at their school, can't remember if it was a Redditor or a YouTuber.

@MasterDarkwingz Moving out of JP? Lmao, no offense but have you been living under a rock since 2016 or so?🤣 Sony has been censoring JP games left and right.(Slight over exaggeration, rip Senran Kagura😢)

Yeah, Sony has already done that, and JP devs are getting hit by it.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I’m going to work so keeping it brief but I remember before videogames it was Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering. People literally associated it with witchcraft for pete’s sake. People are dumb and can’t separate fiction from reality so they just assume nobody else can, either. I watch a lot of crime TV and I quite vividly remember some guy was a suspect to police because he freaking played MTG.

I myself own a now banned game in the US(collecting dust in storage but still) deemed too violent despite its adult rating. It wasn’t banned when I got it, obviously but someone decided NO! It’s evil!

They’ve been studying the link between violence in videogames to violence in real life for years and time and time again they never find conclusive evidence but people can’t accept that, they want something to blame when they fail at parenting or something is just out of their hands. It’s not the videogame’s fault a person was violent.

So do you think the video game companies have no responsibility?

@RainGnyu No more than the publisher of a novel or a movie studio is "responsible" if someone consumes their content and does something.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So do you think the video game companies have no responsibility?

Are video game companies baby sitters or parents or something? they're selling you entertainment, and there's a reason why they also have age ratings. Remember that these are fictional works as well, they're not real and even then most kids (and adults) can tell the difference from fantasy and reality. GTA didnt raise a bunch of kids to be carjackers. And that's a fact.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu No more than the publisher of a novel or a movie studio is "responsible" if someone consumes their content and does something.

Then why is there a rating system if they are not responsible. People have to register for a gun, take a test to drive a car, be of legal age to by alcohol. So explain again why Sega isn’t responsible again.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Then why is there a rating system if they are not responsible. People have to register for a gun, take a test to drive a car, be of legal age to by alcohol. So explain again why Sega isn’t responsible again.

the rating system exist to let people know the level of sexual content or violence that exists within the game, nothing less, nothing more.

Video Game companies are still not baby sitters regardless, thats not part of their job. Parents can still buy Mature games for their kids of they wish, but its not the company's responsibility for that.

Car Manufacturers are not responsible for drunk drivers or horrible drivers or even unlicensed drivers that drive their car.

Gun Companies are not responsible for gun related violence.

Alcohol companies are not responsible for the adults that give alcohol to children or the drunk drivers that cause tragedies.

@Alineah said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

the rating system exist to let people know the level of sexual content or violence that exists within the game, nothing less, nothing more.

Video Game companies are still not baby sitters regardless, thats not part of their job. Parents can still buy Mature games for their kids of they wish, but its not the company's responsibility for that.

Car Manufacturers are not responsible for drunk drivers or horrible drivers or even unlicensed drivers that drive their car.

Gun Companies are not responsible for gun related violence.

Alcohol companies are not responsible for the adults that give alcohol to children or the drunk drivers that cause tragedies.

They not supposed to sell to minors or they will obtain a fine and money penalty.....right. So how can you say they are not responsible?

Sound like you just trying to make it fit so you can have what you what. You guys have this ......hell with everyone else mentality! Companies have a responsibility to the community not just the individual.

You guys have a bad habit of ignoring that aspect to fit an personal agenda.