Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Akonyl I would say that if anything, it is to better match the joke of Zect wanting to be stepped on.

yeah the Geta camo predates Puso ni Comi, it was released late 2014 (JP). while Puso ni didn't start releasing until early 2019, while the ice weapons released with 2017.

Also for a fun fact Zect's memorable Jet Boots weapon, is also used in the Opening videos by the female Bouncer.

@Akonyl said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Was the geta camo released when the original got drawn? Possible they just wanted to make her outfit match more with the festival theme of her outfit.

@Church10129 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

yeah the Geta camo predates Puso ni Comi, it was released late 2014 (JP). while Puso ni didn't start releasing until early 2019, while the ice weapons released with 2017.

Also for a fun fact Zect's memorable Jet Boots weapon, is also used in the Opening videos by the female Bouncer.

To be fair, the weapon isn't exactly meta except to be camo fodder.

I don't really have a problem with the switch to a Geta camo, considering the fact that we can find it as an Easter Egg with the plethora of Jet Boots that could've been used to showcase in Comi. (It's also used in another Comi episode as well.)

Plus the Geta camo itself can always be cycled into Fresh Finds or added into Comi Memory Exchange if NGS gets a season.

We need Zect to cover the CAST part changes, tbh... considering Jet Boots weren't in CBT 1. We might not get them until after Global launch.

(Too many bugs to fix, and it's almost the Spring ETA.)

So we're getting White Day or not? Or will Global censorship rear its ugly head again and try to rename the event?

One of the discords blew up over me saying stuff decrying the blatant changing of names from JP of areas and item names (RIP Slave series and Hebrew Punisher) to get all the Political correctness and SJW pandering in people want these days. White Day may get axed as well as a result.

@LightGamer2016 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

So we're getting White Day or not? Or will Global censorship rear its ugly head again and try to rename the event?

One of the discords blew up over me saying stuff decrying the blatant changing of names from JP of areas and item names (RIP Slave series and Hebrew Punisher) to get all the Political correctness and SJW pandering in people want these days. White Day may get axed as well as a result.

Said discord did NOT ''blow up'' on you, you were just told that you are saying ill thought out things,get over yourself.

I sure hope there’s a White Day! I don’t want to miss out on anything cosmetic.

I honestly thought we would pop straight over to a White Day event. Maybe next maintenance?

Maki's comic seems normal, but I can't tell if it got retranslated because I don't know the fan direct translation.

(For context, someone blew up about the PSO2 community and confused anime Traps with IRL Transgenders... to which offended many users.)

So if the word Trap was there on the fan direct translation, then it'd be fair to call it "emergency" censorship due to general political insanity.

(Insanity as in not knowing the difference between a fictitious generally hetero cross dressing character and an actual person who went through an operation to become that gender. Which more then likely would be the cause behind the reality and fiction "punchline" on the dub.)

Wow! Trying way to hard! Trap in that context has nothing to do with that. Trap in this context means: plan to capture. That is all nothing more.

I personally think this thread has gone on long enough!

It is time to take this baby off the pacifier!

@RainGnyu For the most part, a revised translation of any Trap gag is merely a concern I have.

There's currently nothing to confirm that suspicion to be an actual act of censorship.

(If a "It's a Trap!" joke has to be removed because of LionBridge, I'd much prefer Drag King or Drag Queen over a direct Japanese term which would likely get Karen Rappy'd into oblivion faster than Crunchyroll translating Chibiyuno into Edge Lord.)

@MasterDarkwingz

I'm impressed to know the word "Trap" can offense IRL Transgenders... I don't know if they are... I don't know what I can say without being rude, but one of my friend who is transgender isn't offensed by this word... peoples are just overreacting... lol

Trap is an offensive word when used in certain contexts and this isn't up for debate and isn't people "overreacting". It's not political insanity, far too many people use the word "trap" to refer trans people, which obviously has offensive connotations.

I don't see what's so hard about... not using it to refer to people instead of pretending you're some epic "lol im not a snowflake like those other ppl!!!". It is not a good look.

re: White Day, I can see it getting skipped but it wouldn't really be censorship, the holiday just has no real meaning outside of Japan, so I think it would be weird to see it actually. However, White Day lobby is only starting on March 10th on the JP servers, so it not being here isn't strange either.

A St. Patrick's event however would be pretty dank and much more relevant, though I kinda doubt that's happening.

A many... many... many of words are offensive when used in certain context. We haven't had an issue with the word "trap" from what I can see at any time. In fact the only time we have had an issue is someone demanding to take down the word with no concert information as to why it should be taken down.

@Teasa said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz

I'm impressed to know the word "Trap" can offense IRL Transgenders... I don't know if they are... I don't know what I can say without being rude, but one of my friend who is transgender isn't offensed by this word... peoples are just overreacting... lol

The thing that would offend them is being compared to a fictional straight anime character dressed in drag.

(To which very little PSO2 adult users would do, and only a few forum users continue to do despite them being the ones to bring the argument to the forums in the first place.)

So if someone does call a person a Trap repeatedly IRL, then that's name calling and bullying.

(Harassment of users goes against the ToS anyways. We also have Block and Report buttons if a user becomes out of hand.)

So yes, this is more about the politics (never ending argument) of the word Trap, rather than devising a solution other than needless censorship.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

A many... many... many of words are offensive when used in certain context. We haven't had an issue with the word "trap" from what I can see at any time. In fact the only time we have had an issue is someone demanding to take down the word with no concert information as to why it should be taken down.

Yes, the only forum user I've seen actually offend anyone with the word Trap was that one user stirring up trouble and FUD by claiming to be offended while they used offensive words themselves to lash out about a fan Discord ban.

(They had already sent in a report as well, so the issue was already being handled. There was no need for a forum post if they were already in contact with a GM through the ticket system.)

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I sure hope there’s a White Day! I don’t want to miss out on anything cosmetic.

Uh... Why would we get a White Day event? Nowhere besides Japan celebrates White Day. It'd be like asking for the 4th of July or Thanksgiving events to be in JP...

Speaking of which, I haven't played PSO2JP in years, but I am 99% sure that the Thanksgiving quest we got is literally just a reskinned version of the White Day quest.

Plus, we already got most of the White Day items and stuff during Valentines Day.