Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

Maybe we should consider bringing this topic up in general discussion and ask what do people actually think about the current censorship, but not actually pushing for the game uncensored. I think it will help bring more attention to this thread and I see that GM's like GM Deynger seems to be collecting feedback from some of those general posts as well.

I think it should still be considered "in topic" for general discussion if we just make a post to make people discuss about their stance on censorship in the game without pushing our own stance on the topic, because that should be what this post is for. Reason I say this is because I know some forum dwellers in PSO2Global never really visit this part of the forum and they may not be aware of censorship at all, just thought it'd be a good way to help getting new input from more people on this topic to get SEGA's attention. Raising awareness of this issue both good or bad, I think is a good way for us to move forward with whatever we are discussing here and help us to get a resolution, well...at least better than not trying?

@ZarexWolf said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Nice to know that they have double standards. Though I'm guessing someone's going to go in and change that if they can to make it more consistent... Apologize to SJW's again...

If they are doing that, they may as well change Stratos' height too, cause she's also below what's allowed for PSO2Global in height.

Seriously speaking, we legit cannot even cosplay some characters that is present in the main game of PSO2 due to the height limit, and cosplaying characters from other games/animes that pso2 collab'd with is completely out of the question. This part really bother me because fashion and cosplaying is like a huge part of pso2 imo, and what's the point of selling us costumes of other characters when we can't even cosplay them properly.

@Rumi7364 I've said that numerous times in the past. There are several characters well below that height, and not a single complaint that I'm aware of has been issued about those characters, because none of those characters look to be anything other than an adult with stunted growth, which is quite commonplace in real life in general, let alone Anime. Cosplaying characters is impossible with those limitations, as you said, which is a major reason why I was annoyed when I found out the the creator used to allow for shorter characters. Sure, I'm arguing for a few centimeters on a personal level wanting one of my characters to be able to go down to 148cm, but that's not to say going as short as stratos could ever be a real issue.

I watched a video a few years ago on YouTube that actually talked about this from a creators standpoint, and sadly, many today don't follow that same belief system. Rod Serling, screenwriter, and narrator for the Twilight Zone in this interview I re-dug up, actually talks about an adjacent topic in regards to his show . His show, which at the time, being very new, was seen by some as a waste of time and investment, ironic considering many today know of it as a cult classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKkHCVbSyw

I'm sharing it here, because I believe that it's a good insight into how we have, and are slowly going full circle into a state of fear driven censorship, where because someone might be upset, or offended, that something should be changed or altered to fit into perceived societal norms, beyond logic or reason, and how the quality of a show, or in PSO2's case, a game, could suffer because of it. That, and either way, it shows how little we have actually improved as a society in general. Where fantasy and imagination of a medium not based in reality, still have to do with real world politics, according to critics of the original product. Where the line between real life and fiction are blurred to a point by those types of people, to where they simply do not exist.

Things created to entertain are created with the sole purpose of entertainment, and nothing more. They aren't meant to be for the injection of real world politics or real world issues, they are an escape from that, albeit a temporary one. But the point is that they offer respite, but according to anyone who's ever been critical of those who find any form of censorship, small or large abhorrent, we are in the wrong. Perhaps we are just annoying for complaining about something we see as an issue of integrity and accountability.

All of that said, pushing the question into general, only opens the door for a certain small group of people, to begin causing issues again. Many that follow this thread in support of it, don't bother to comment here, because among other reasons, they have either given up, or aren't as able to articulate their feelings on the matter, so they abstain from making posts. All you'd have to do is look at the thread history in these forums to see both truths. There are also people that just don't comment their feelings, because they don't want to be attacked by users in the forums, who's only goal is to bait people into flame wars.

@Rumi7364 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Maybe we should consider bringing this topic up in general discussion and ask what do people actually think about the current censorship, but not actually pushing for the game uncensored. I think it will help bring more attention to this thread and I see that GM's like GM Deynger seems to be collecting feedback from some of those general posts as well.

I think it should still be considered "in topic" for general discussion if we just make a post to make people discuss about their stance on censorship in the game without pushing our own stance on the topic, because that should be what this post is for. Reason I say this is because I know some forum dwellers in PSO2Global never really visit this part of the forum and they may not be aware of censorship at all, just thought it'd be a good way to help getting new input from more people on this topic to get SEGA's attention. Raising awareness of this issue both good or bad, I think is a good way for us to move forward with whatever we are discussing here and help us to get a resolution, well...at least better than not trying?

@ZarexWolf said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Nice to know that they have double standards. Though I'm guessing someone's going to go in and change that if they can to make it more consistent... Apologize to SJW's again...

If they are doing that, they may as well change Stratos' height too, cause she's also below what's allowed for PSO2Global in height.

Seriously speaking, we legit cannot even cosplay some characters that is present in the main game of PSO2 due to the height limit, and cosplaying characters from other games/animes that pso2 collab'd with is completely out of the question. This part really bother me because fashion and cosplaying is like a huge part of pso2 imo, and what's the point of selling us costumes of other characters when we can't even cosplay them properly.

Sorry but the discussion you are trying to attempt is safer here and only here.

@Rumi7364

Why not just stay here and keep increasing the page count? All you are going to get in general discussion is the same topic as in here. The same people coming it to argue their point. People calling each other names and start to flame each other. The topic is locked. You will always get the same people in these threads as the forums themselves are a waste land of the same 20-40 people trying to make the forums an active place. I'm not here to troll and I feel my conversations have been pretty tame when it comes to these kinds of topics. I even suggested to do protests inside the game. Maybe post the link to the thread in some way for people to copy/paste and get more traffic for your cause.

The other thing you can do however is have everyone start blocking people that disagree and make the forums a true echo chamber. I love seeing both sides of the opinions and its a shame that the forums are so dry bones.

I think a topic on the subreddit or maybe a question on the twitter page would get a lot more people. I genuinely want to know but I want to hear from people who aren’t the 50-60 forum regulars. SEGA doesn’t have the info up front( like a compiled list of changes somewhere with a lot of traffic) so I honestly doubt many people even know of censorship other than more recent stuff like auxiliary greetings or weapon names. If you don’t even know something is missing, you can’t have an opinion in it.

I want to hear it all, positive, neutral or negative and really weigh what people think, without driving the discussion. They would receive only a list of the changes(and if necessary a brief explanation what that is) and be asked their feelings on the matter.

Why is it important to tell people something is missing?

@RainGnyu Not many are aware about these stuffs. Better to wait for NGS and complaint there if the game is missing or cuts "x" contents compared to the JP versions, peoples will start to talk about it and the moment it become a huge topics among the community or outside of the community, this is where the most interesting stuff begin and hope SEGA aren't dodging all those mess they made for censoring a game.

I don’t think people are going to be looking that hard when NGS comes out. I think people are going to focus on trying to beat everyone and be the first to obtain some sort of power before anyone else to notice perceived censorship. They going to busy trying create some sort of personal legacy. The game will become a race for all things new and undiscovered. And this campaign for or against censorship will be forgotten. My personal opinion!

@RainGnyu

Peoples will compare to the JP version.

If something is cut out or censored someone will made a thread about it on Reddit or Forum/Steam Discussion.

And of course majority don't care at all about cenrsoships until someone bring it up. NGS isn't out yet so we can't say pretty much anything about it, the only things I care is to have a game 1:1 to the JP version.

If NGS Global is similar to the JP version then there is no point to argue about it.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if the censorships was optionnal, I'm just pissed off to know it been censored because you have a minority of persons who are offensed or has weird though about it.

I don't know who is responsible "Probably someone in SEGA" for this censorships but I hope this person will hear about our complaint and change his mind for something better.

Anyway, SEGA will never give us an answer about it. "Typical SEGA trying to dodge this issue."

@Archetype-Luna your right i hate censorship it ruins the experience

Enter the conspiracy theories.

PSO2 is to enter the Epic Games Store.

Not certain what age rating is supported by them, or if this means that censorship will continue to be weaned. (In terms of outfits)

I'm pretty sure outfits aren't actually getting censored. I mean we got catschief, outrageous bikini, that one outfit in freshfinds when ep5 came out and so on. Or did you mean all the outfits that make you look like little children that were infamous on JP servers for people using them to act out lolicon/shotacon fantasies? Since yeah, pretty sure those will never come here for that reason alone..

If we end up getting a Fortnite collaboration from this I might barf(only half joking), not going to doom & gloom just yet because this game needs more attention right now but my friend’s god awful Fortnite dance impression has turned me off from Epic Games for life. Here’s hoping for no changes.

@IAMCRAIG said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm pretty sure outfits aren't actually getting censored. I mean we got catschief, outrageous bikini, that one outfit in freshfinds when ep5 came out and so on. Or did you mean all the outfits that make you look like little children that were infamous on JP servers for people using them to act out lolicon/shotacon fantasies? Since yeah, pretty sure those will never come here for that reason alone..

The main thing that kicked off most of the complaints I think was the harriette basewear, which was modified to have the harriette inner pasted onto the basewear in NA. The lack of a boob window in the Global version is kind of w/e but also they did a kinda bad job of it because they just pasted a white/black inner on rather than one that actually matches (like if you wear moon base+moon inner with the JP models, it's supposed to give a yellow accented chest area but it's just black in Global). But anyway, that was probably the thing that made people worried that they were gonna start censoring/withholding outfits, since that was them actually starting to touch player outfits vs the surrounding stuff like ep4 cutscenes/whatever that didn't affect the player themselves

It definitely doesn't seem like an issue now with those outfits running around, but it also brings up the question why the harriette base was changed at all then. There'd be an argument for it if the layerwear change affected the NPC (since she's 16 or something) but Global harriette looks exactly the same as JP harriette, and they have a different version of the outfit so that's not the case.

Also the question of where the smart inner is with NGS coming so close now, but honestly my current belief there is just that they want to try to squeeze more money out of people via scratches (like the recent SG scratch with a similar one), and because the smart inner was apparently free on JP it'd just be a loss for them to give us a free equivalent they can try to make people scratch for.

Actually the complaints really began with ep4's removed bath scenes. It's a nice change that it has shifted to throwing on tinfoil hats though, especially compared to when people were trying to argue that masturbating to lolicon/shotacon is totally okay and normal with no adverse effects that could arise as a result, and that the nationality of the author that wrote Lolita had any real bearing.

As for the harriete basewear change, who knows? Maybe Sega figured the boob window was gaudy as-is?