Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Anarchy-Marine

I agree with that, you know I don’t really play many games anymore because they don’t appeal to me. I’ve never liked shooters like my husband does and man that’s a good chunk of games nowadays. But I don’t have to like or buy them so I just buy something else.

I sound so old but I honestly miss gaming before the internet, no mommy blogs or otherwise saying how bad videogames are or specifically picking on a series because it’s offensive. My gosh, remember Dead or Alive? The parents at my local Blockbuster tried to get it banned from the shelves even though it wasn’t a game for children and an adult’s consent was needed to even rent the damn thing. They still tried to have it banned so Blockbuster staff just removed the case and replaced it with a blank copy with the text instead. I still remember how utterly stupid and a waste of time that was. Meanwhile we had movie covers of women in bikinis but that was fine, it’s just those evil videogames! Companies are foolish to give in to these demands, they’re not the ones financially supporting them.

@Ashe-Kinsilla

I love how you assume it’s about you. I have someone blocked on the forums who consistently comes into the thread to do nothing but harass people, not debate, not see other sides but openly antagonize, so I had to block them. I didn’t leave it vague to include literally everyone who has a different opinion than me, you honestly weren’t even on my mind.

What does leaving accomplish? Letting trolls further think they can bully people? That person has screeched to GMs to have our threads locked or has tried to bait us into getting locked when a GM wouldn’t do as he wanted. I’m sick of it but I’m not leaving because this is important to me.

And if you think accusing people of pedophilia like several trolls in this thread have done isn’t bullying or trolling, I don’t know what to tell you. You can disagree with people without being nasty.

The game has a Mature+ ESRB rating, and hence has no reason to force any censorship from the Japanese version.

On top of this, we still have a profanity filter we cannot disable without somehow getting the tweaker to work- aka, not actually supported.

Tweaker literally destroyed my install the last 3 times I followed the install instructions to the letter, so thats off the table for good now.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The game has a Mature+ ESRB rating, and hence has no reason to force any censorship from the Japanese version.

On top of this, we still have a profanity filter we cannot disable without somehow getting the tweaker to work- aka, not actually supported.

Tweaker literally destroyed my install the last 3 times I followed the install instructions to the letter, so thats off the table for good now.

That really sucks, I don’t have the tweaker so I’m stuck with the profanity filter. You know they would save a lot of headaches if they just changed the rating. If they want a kid friendly game then make it a kid rating. FFXIV does just fine without an M rating and they have skimpy clothes and non-PG story.

@Milk Have you played even the first few hours of Shadowbringers? Kid friendly is a relative term. depends on age, any kid below the age of 12 might be scarred for life lol. since you dont seem to have seen it I dont want to spoil, its good, but it goes darker than we thought they ever would.

At least Square Enix has operated with a degree of integrity and relative honesty regarding their game, more than we can say for SEGA regarding NA release thus far.

@ZeeHero9271

I don't know who the heck in SEGA had the idea to put those profanity filter without an option to turn them off in-game! 😲

@Milk You can remove the profanity filter it a files you have to delete I don't know which one.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk Have you played even the first few hours of Shadowbringers? Kid friendly is a relative term. depends on age, any kid below the age of 12 might be scarred for life lol. since you dont seem to have seen it I dont want to spoil, its good, but it goes darker than we thought they ever would.

At least Square Enix has operated with a degree of integrity and relative honesty regarding their game, more than we can say for SEGA regarding NA release thus far.

I’ve been playing since launch! The game hasn’t been kid friendly pretty much ever, even your first dungeon Sastasha has a heavily implied sex trafficking situation in The Pit. I love Shadowbringers, I think the story would probably make little kids cry but it’s fine for older kids. Square gets away with a lot of darker theming though because it’s all mentioned off screen. Well, sexual things anyway, we see plenty of death.

I agree 1000%, SE is the standard we gamers should hold every company to.

@Teasa

That’s so dumb, we shouldn’t have to edit files. 😞

@Milk

Atleast Square Enix has more ball than SEGA.

In the exception of some ban you get for saying "Holy sh*t" or something similar. xD

@Teasa said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk

Atleast Square Enix has more ball than SEGA.

In the exception of some ban you get for saying "Holy sh*t" or something similar. xD

Luckily have never gotten a warning or ban for anything but I’ve heard of similar stories. At least they have a big enough staff to actually ban people...I used to report AFKers in Buster on PSO2 all the time, I’d still see the same people, very frustrating. My FC members got a warning for profanity-laced playful insults because someone thought they were fighting but that’s about it.

@Teasa I havent heard of such an instance of GM abuse in a long time, although that was common shortly after SE updated their TOS.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I can assure you the money i spend on this game covers a large part of people.

I'm attempting to make sense of this post. You can spend all the money you want, it won't invoke Sega to make any changes. They have your money already and if you keep giving them money, they have no reason to make changes.

@RikaPSO The 1st rule of Acquisition: Once you have their money.... YOU NEVER GIVE IT BACK!

@Milk

Welcome to the internet. People will troll unless they do actual names on websites and forums. I think blizzard tried that for a little and they were quick to revert it. I have an idea who you are talking about and I do not care/will not go back through a 100 pages to look for what brought those up. I do however remember there were multiple people bringing up false allegations towards other people. On each side of the argument.

I honestly don't care if you have your one contained thread. Everyone is still allowed to reply to it unless a GM sees our replies as unfit and sends us on a vacation. The world is a harsh place as people have different personalities. Suck it up and keep fighting the good fight that you all are doing in your thread.

An 8 year old video game where they have to change item looks or take out parts of the "story" for a global release seems normal to me. Why is it important? Because "all the content" right? Did you honestly believe we'd get all the content? That is the same as people getting hyped when a company says "16 times the detail"

You can continue to beat this dead horse, looking at every patch, AC scratch, new npcs and the rest of EP 6 for "muh censorship" No one is stopping you. The only people who can stop you is GMs.

@RikaPSO

I think you don't understand what side I am on.

Anonymity on the internet is sacred and the only way internet communities can actually work. Yes, it has its own issues, anonymity shows us who the worst of us are, but that can be a benefit if exploited correctly.

If people were afraid to say whatever they felt like, how would we know who was provoking and insulting others just for the perverse pleasure of hurting their fellow human being?

How would we easily distinguish good from bad people?

Anonymity on the internet is sacred and the only way internet communities can actually work. Yes, it has its own issues, anonymity shows us who the worst of us are, but that can be a benefit if exploited correctly.

If people were afraid to say whatever they felt like, how would we know who was provoking and insulting others just for the perverse pleasure of hurting their fellow human being?

How would we easily distinguish good from bad people?

There is no such thing as a good person.