Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@RainGnyu You talk as if Sega will implement a censorship toggle. They have no obligation to do so. You keep accusing others of one thing or another. If you are going to imply that we shouldn't try to look at potential future possibilities and their cost vs benefit, then you shouldn't treat a censorship toggle as a certainty because that is also forecasting. You shouldn't condemn others for an action you are doing yourself.

Because Sega is under no obligation to implement any suggestion, it can make a world of difference to make it as attractive as possible for them to implement something. Hence, figuring out a toggle that balances how much it can encompass vs how difficult it is to implement can be helpful. Then we can think of solutions for the censorship that the toggle does not encompass.

They skipped a pso2comi episode. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/10109/one-of-the-comics-has-been-cut Thanks for "protecting" me Sega (or Estsoft, or Microsoft, or RubyEclipse, or @GM-Deynger ). ._.

Looks like I'm playing NGS on jp or just not at all if this keeps up cause they are still doing this nonsense. My 3 month premium expires soon as well. I'd like to renew, but I'm probably not going to. Also unfollowed pso2_na's twitter. It may not be much, but is all I can do. Thanks for showing me you guys are doubling down on this, easier to make these decisions.

@RikaPSO said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

They skipped a pso2comi episode. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/10109/one-of-the-comics-has-been-cut Thanks for "protecting" me Sega (or Estsoft, or Microsoft, or RubyEclipse, or @GM-Deynger ). ._.

Looks like I'm playing NGS on jp or just not at all if this keeps up cause they are still doing this nonsense. My 3 month premium expires soon as well. I'd like to renew, but I'm probably not going to. Also unfollowed pso2_na's twitter. It may not be much, but is all I can do. Thanks for showing me you guys are doubling down on this, easier to make these decisions.

Sorry that you are not satisfied hope you find a game you enjoy. Having fun is the most important thing.

I enjoy that you @ a gm because they are the person who makes the decisions for sega. See you when NGS comes out!

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I enjoy that you @ a gm because they are the person who makes the decisions for sega. See you when NGS comes out!

What if they say they are telling them but isn't? I don't think gm deyger is one person, probably a group of people who work for Estsoft (very likely cause he is almost always the only gm who posts). I'd love to see you when NGS comes out, but it's becoming more unlikely. If I do play NGS it'll probably be on JP.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Sorry that you are not satisfied hope you find a game you enjoy. Having fun is the most important thing.

Maybe I should stop playin online games, maybe I'm just looking for a excuse to quit them. 😞 Before PSO2NA came out I thought there would be problems with the NA release (every Phantasy star online release has had some one way or another). I wish I listened to myself have my 1500 hours back, or put those 1500 hours into JP, least it would have been more worth it. It's hard to enjoy something knowing you are getting less just because of where you live.

I just want the game to have all it has to offer. I've even done my own PSO related projects in the past. Were they good? Maybe, probably not but I tried. I love PSO.

@RikaPSO

I feel the same way, honestly sad I sunk money into this game and I’ve been withdrawing a lot, hopefully NGS is different but who knows. I don’t like dishonest practices from game companies, which to be fair is quite a few companies nowadays but the only way to fight back anymore is with your wallet.

What I find beyond frustrating is people shrugging “meh who cares” when they should be worried because a game company doesn’t stop at little stuff, if no one makes a fuss then it becomes bigger stuff. You let one thing slide, all of it could slide.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RikaPSO

I feel the same way, honestly sad I sunk money into this game and I’ve been withdrawing a lot, hopefully NGS is different but who knows. I don’t like dishonest practices from game companies, which to be fair is quite a few companies nowadays but the only way to fight back anymore is with your wallet.

What I find beyond frustrating is people shrugging “meh who cares” when they should be worried because a game company doesn’t stop at little stuff, if no one makes a fuss then it becomes bigger stuff. You let one thing slide, all of it could slide.

We all have different opinions on the subject. I'm sorry if not every single person who plays pso2 has the same opinion as you.

What I find beyond frustrating is people making a big deal about things that come with bringing a game from jp to the rest of the world. Notice how I said WORLD.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RikaPSO

We all have different opinions on the subject. I'm sorry if not every single person who plays pso2 has the same opinion as you.

What I find beyond frustrating is people making a big deal about things that come with bringing a game from jp to the rest of the world. Notice how I said WORLD.

And I would be fine with that if and only if said company didn’t lie about it and didn’t pick and choose. There’s stuff in this game that frankly wouldn’t fly on other MMO’s like the stripper pole or chair dance emote yet the dumbest nonsense gets censored instead. It has no rhyme or reason.

But honestly the worst part is the lying. If they had said at the start “sorry we’re going to have to cut content for western audiences” I think most could accept that, but instead being promised “all the content” and these changes are swept under the rug instead, we don’t even get a head’s up. I find it shady and unprofessional.

But honestly the worst part is the lying. If they had said at the start “sorry we’re going to have to cut content for western audiences”

I wish they did. Would have known to just stick to jp then. ;-;

@RikaPSO said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

But honestly the worst part is the lying. If they had said at the start “sorry we’re going to have to cut content for western audiences”

I wish they did. Would have known to just stick to jp then. ;-;

And I would have started on jp. Makes you wonder if they knew there would be backlash if people were told about these changes up front.

And final word of the night but I’m seriously scratching my head at the comic. Wasn’t one of the first episodes(or the first) focused on breast size? Like they make a pretty big deal about it for laughs and yet that was fine. Like I’ve said before, their censorship methods make zero sense.

If you believe any company isn't shady or unprofessional, you are living in some made up timeline. There has been 111 pages in this thread and I know there has been threads locked in the past. What has been gained from these threads? A couple "oh we'll send it to the dev team." from GMs? People coming in to say "well i'm going back to jp pso2" Yet they still use a different versions forums to continue to complain.

Sega making to the changes might "make zero sense to you", but you do not work with them nor have information as to why. To their team it makes 100% sense. You only have one point of view and that is yours. However their team has to think about millions of point of views, what is alright with everyone or the majority of everyone and what isn't alright. In short. Just gotta deal with it.. if you cant I suggest still supporting them with PSO2 JP. It isn't nice, but them's the breaks.

Regarding said comic that got cut...a good question is how many have NOT tried doing the same thing depicted in it in game? Utterly ridiculous that it got left out.

All of y'all who want done with this should just come to JP Ship 02 Ur, still a big english community there, lots of anime crossovers from all the years, and best of all... 'ALL THE CONTENT'.

Nothing here on the Global release will change, that's pretty much 100% at this point, and will be the same for NGS, so atm, FFXIV remains my main MMORPG of choice, with PSO2 JP 2nd on the list.

And finally, Enjoy a picture of a character under 151cm (blasphemy around here in the wild west, hope I don't get jailed for showing some leg :pepehands:)

Peace out, see any stragglers on the other side! This will be my final post here.

pso20200908_072933_000.png

They censored something else.......Cool!

If you believe any company isn't shady or unprofessional, you are living in some made up timeline. There has been 111 pages in this thread and I know there has been threads locked in the past. What has been gained from these threads? A couple "oh we'll send it to the dev team." from GMs? People coming in to say "well i'm going back to jp pso2" Yet they still use a different versions forums to continue to complain.

Sega making to the changes might "make zero sense to you", but you do not work with them nor have information as to why. To their team it makes 100% sense. You only have one point of view and that is yours. However their team has to think about millions of point of views, what is alright with everyone or the majority of everyone and what isn't alright. In short. Just gotta deal with it.. if you cant I suggest still supporting them with PSO2 JP. It isn't nice, but them's the breaks.

There’s different degrees of shadiness and dishonesty I can live with and still continue to support. Off the top of my head, Square Enix and ArenaNet haven’t pulled anything like this and a quick search doesn’t bring up players complaining about being lied to on FFXIV or GW2. A lot of companies do despicable things, that doesn’t make it ok and I’m certainly not living in some delusion.

I’ve cut so many games over the years and I’m a cosmetics whale so it stings each and every time that I supported that company and walk away with nothing but regret. I’ve been a SEGA fangirl since I could walk so this one perhaps hits harder than the others.

SEGA was never forthcoming with this information, people who never played jp or spoke with someone who did would never know the difference. How can you have an opinion on something if you don’t know it exists? This thread is a “containment” thread like holding the company’s dirty little secrets, barely anyone uses this forum as is. I see the exact same handful of people every day and even less so in Suggestions. No one is talking about it because it deliberately gets swept under the rug. If SEGA had announced every change on Twitter and the massive fanbase that posts there still said “meh whatever” then yes I could absolutely live with that, like I’ve said numerous times in this thread, I don’t personally care about 90% of the changes but it has a snowball effect and eventually it could affect something I do care about.

Of course the GMs don’t care and copy paste the same response, it’s not their fault and they can’t make changes to the game. This thread is still important for information, I don’t think hidden information should be forgotten even if we can do nothing about it.