Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu No, what's selfish is trying to make a mature rated game, teen, or in your case E rated, just for one families needs, or in this case one man living off of nostalgia.

I Win! 😉

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

But in the end you have 100 pages of whining of censorship and nothing has changed. In fact they have added more censorship while you still play the game and spend money on the censored product...........So in reality I win and I am here to remind you of that! 😀

Now this specific part I'm going to quote, in case the question of you being a troll gets raised again. I'll just link back to this page here every time. And in case you decide to edit this out later, or feign ignorance like you always do, this will show you for who you really are.

@RainGnyu You win nothing. And you violate the forums rules when you say that 100 pages of this topic, is a waste of time. Especially when most of those pages, are people with shared views on censorship, being forced to defend themselves against four, or five specific people, all berating said people who are against censorship, in clear violation of the the forums rules. Or who use underhanded and dishonest means to try to upset said people, by insinuating this or that, knowingly skirting the rules as to avoid a GM ban. Something said GM's shouldn't allow either, but they do.

@Anarchy-Marine

Thank you for quoting that part. So Rain admits he just likes causing grief. At least with your quote he can’t edit it and pretend he’s not trying to start shit again.

Also Rain has kids? Interesting.

@Milk Yeah, they are adults, and his whole reason for wanting the game to be kid friendly, is so that his children, and his nonexistent grandkids, can all join each other on a nostalgia trip, harkoning back to OG PSO. At least according to his own post. Logic that escapes me completely. Sounds made up, given the trolling stuff he added at the end there calling me selfish for having my views on it, however sometimes, in arguments like these, the truth has a way of slipping out.

@Anarchy-Marine

I’m not buying it but it doesn’t really matter. Like you said, we deal with the same griefers here, they’re just trying to start a flame war to have the thread locked. In our friend’s case, he just wants attention, per his sig.

So I watched the NGS video and I’m wondering how different it will be from PSO2. Will our version be missing stuff too or will we all start from a clean slate? It’s kind of nerve wracking to think about, too early to speculate but PSO2 felt like a letdown in Global.

@Milk Well, SEGA showed the American audience the same stream the other day, directly from Japan, that the Japanese audience got to see,(bless those translators, and their ability to keep up with the person talking, they are the true MVP of those streams) and that could mean NGS reverts us back to match everything Japan has available, or it's just a tool for convenience, and time management. I sincerely hope for the former over the latter. It would be cool if they reverted their decisions on the topics already covered in this thread.

In regards to the matterboard stuff specifically, another forum user mentioned that even in Japan, several cutscenes were lost once it was removed, and that they had hoped SEGA would add some kind of viewer for such content, so that we could see all of the scenes lost, at the players discretion, perhaps in the players own quarters, so that players such as myself, that never got to see all that side story content, would have the option to view it. Including the scene Rain brought up earlier. I know not everyone plays this game for the story, but for those of us who do, the story is our bread and butter.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I’m not buying it but it doesn’t really matter. Like you said, we deal with the same griefers here, they’re just trying to start a flame war to have the thread locked. In our friend’s case, he just wants attention, per his sig.

I've been reading this topic for a while and it is exactly what Rain is trying to do. Report and block. Stop giving him the attention he wants.

@Anarchy-Marine

Those translators had to keep up with multiple people talking but man some of that was funny like “oh wow that looks so cool” while said like someone hasn’t had their coffee yet. Good stuff.

I would really like to watch missing scenes, too. Not that scene because I frankly want to chuck Kohri off a cliff but everything else. I like the story and I need all the lore I’m missing!

@OmegaNeo8603 Accept blocking is one sided. He can still see our posts. The forums need an overhaul in that regard. Blocking one way, should block both directions like it does on other online forums.

@OmegaNeo8603 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I've been reading this topic for a while and it is exactly what Rain is trying to do. Report and block. Stop giving him the attention he wants.

Unfortunately I already have him blocked but can still see quoted replies. Thinking about reporting.

@Milk Khori is the living embodiment of the desperation extreme loneliness can potentially cause. Kind of interesting they made a character with that personality. Especially when it gets touched on later that Khori was always bullied for being shy and quiet, and that's why she's attached to Hitsugi in such an unhealthy way at the start. Something only made worse when that doctor, and creep from Mothercorp screwed with her head.

So I watched the NGS video and I’m wondering how different it will be from PSO2. Will our version be missing stuff too or will we all start from a clean slate? It’s kind of nerve wracking to think about, too early to speculate but PSO2 felt like a letdown in Global.

Most likely a bit of both. It will be a clean slate in the sense that we are both going to be starting at the same time and have the same "story content", but the two services remaining separated makes it seem likely that the "bonus content" (such as collaborations and stuff) will be different from each other at some point.

Don't see too much of an issue with that since things that are desirable are different, but I do feel bad for the others that are lumped in with "global". U.S. specifically was able to see their holidays celebrated or acknowledged while the rest of the "Global" community just exists to increase revenue.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Most likely a bit of both. It will be a clean slate in the sense that we are both going to be starting at the same time and have the same "story content", but the two services remaining separated makes it seem likely that the "bonus content" (such as collaborations and stuff) will be different from each other at some point.

Don't see too much of an issue with that since things that are desirable are different, but I do feel bad for the others that are lumped in with "global". U.S. specifically was able to see their holidays celebrated or acknowledged while the rest of the "Global" community just exists to increase revenue.

While I agree that there could be more holidays, I feel like at present, combined with the issue of Covid, the focus on NGS, made adding more cycling holidays to the lobby, and by extension, the celebrated events, would be a massive headache. As for the current holidays, the only solution would be for a lobby filled with items form everything. From Christmas items, to Chanukah, and even Kwanza, etc. ( Those were just the three I know of of the top of my head. I'm admitadly still half asleep, and still waking up.)

The very early videos of New Genesis (the "Information" video that described what will transfer from the base game to New Genesis and a few highlights of the character editor) had scenes removed from the global version of the trailer that are visible on the Japanese version. I recall it was specifically a "shininess/gloss" slider for the skin.

Ever since then we have only gotten videos that were streamed or came directly from the Japanese version so I would hope that it is what we end up getting as well.

The main gripe I have for new players is that even if you decide to jump ship and join the Japanese version of the game the content that has been removed over the years (the Matterboard/Omnibus) seem to be completely inaccessible unless you were there when those were still a thing. In my case I can still view the Event Chronicle and see the alternate endings, the alternate choices made for scenes, and see a relatively streamlined version of all the time-traveling shenanigans and scenes the protagonist goes through which ultimately were retconned for Episode 5's simplifying the plot and story progression. Similarly in that sense you just don't get the "original" experience because the new-player experience (and by extension the Global experience) already has fast-forwarded and skipped through so much of what made the game what it was (for better or for worse, as I personally think the gameplay and the flow is much better but the story ends up shifting from being so disconnected and "random" to now being shallow and straight-forward).

The "censorship" I do not agree with regarding the height slider is that if you try to use the measurements to match real-life measurements I cannot create a create of my height or along those same sizes due to the global version restricting it. Others may call this pedophilia but that comes off strangely to me when my ethnicity tends lean towards the shorter side of things. I don't quite know how to feel about being labelled as being a pedophile for naturally being short and wanting to have characters in a game match that particular aspect of me (shame on me for my ethnicity, I suppose?)

My hope is largely that we can get the content the Japanese version has that has persisted beyond their collaboration periods such as fighting the Cougar NX from Border Break (who shows up as a guest boss), fighting Odin from Final Fantasy XIV (Video Here), or being able to encounter the guest characters we have yet to see from the other Phantasy Star games and related media. In the Japanese version you would frequently run into other characters from PSO2es (which canonically happens during the events of the main game so it is a "cameo" and a canon link in that the characters who do show up acknowledge your presence in both games) and even characters from the other Phantasy Star games (Emilia and Vivienne, specifically, who have traveled through universes/worlds to end up on Oracle). There are other semi-canon story events that have happened that tied Phantasy Star Online 2 to other media and franchises such as their Evangelion crossover that featured key characters from the franchise meeting with ARKS and the player, the Monster Hunter Frontier Z collaboration that featured a Partnya asking ARKS for help in hunting and fighting the Elzelion (the signature monster of that game which provided the Ceres set of equipment), and most recently the Sword Art Online collaboration that has a number of callbacks to Episode 4 (including the scenes removed from the global version).

Edit: To add, there were definitely times I recall where you would be able to jump onto the lobby and watch something like an episode of Puso Ni Comi (a web series focused and centered around players of "Phantasy Star Online 2" which both serves as a semi-tutorial on current trending topics in the game as well as a silly story involving characters who met through the game which also provides rewards for players who use the keywords given at the end of each episode) or simply outright see that Sega was planning something for players of the game both in-game and in real life. This includes things like in-person concerts that can range from Rare Drop Koi Koi being performed by the actual singers/dancers like it was seen in-game, celebrity appearances/cameos from very popular singers for something like "Youkoso ARKS", or Phantastic 3D LIVE 2018 (62:00 if you wanted to hear where the current Christmas Emergency Quest music came from) which features both Matoi and Quna and later an AC Scratch related to their appearances here.