Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Ephemiel I'm more considering that there have been actual preview images that appear to be using the smart innerwear, while we lack them.

For example the Martial Lilian basewear:

alt text

So it seems like the functionality is likely there, but disabled for player use.

Edit: After looking it up. On the JP Servers, Layered Wear was added in January 2016 and the Smart Innerwear was released on April 2016 so, comparatively speaking, I believe we should have it around this point as we are reaching the end of episode 4 (episode 4 was released on January 27th, 2016). So their inclusion on the list should be justifiable.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

They are cool to look at for a bit but ultimately get really meh and surprisingly look out of place DESPITE Arks being a military organization for the most part.

This is what I feel everytime I look at the people in lookbook with the other way around.

Still have to see those military futuristic outfits you talk about, I dont know every outfit ingame so I cantbet a thing, but I ve played in JP and it was the same thing

Still fighting the good fight i see lads? I may not be here anymore but I'm still routing for you guys

SEGA has already made their point. SEGA NA is an extremely and aggressively pro censorship company. They will continue to butcher and water down your PSO2 experience just to keep these ideals in check. They've been doing it since day one and over time its only gotten worse and worse just as it was predicted it would.

The bottom line is people will come in here and either be pro censorship or against it. Those who say "Well they are listening to us, just give them time" are being mislead. I could sit here and type up a post filled with facts and details about why the censorship is wrong and all that, and in the past i have, but in the end I realized there is just no getting through to the devs. You cannot change the opinion of a dev team that is so aggressively pro censorship they are willing to tear their own game apart just to advocate their ideals.

At first when i was active on NA i tried to be understanding, I tried to give the dev team for the NA server the benefit of the doubt and did truly believe they were listening to feedback. I see now thats not the case, the aggressive censorship of this server is completely out of control that its become blatantly obvious that the dev team is not taking the best interest of the server or its player base into consideration at all. Each new decision, be it with loot boxes or functions or censorship progressively damages the experience of PSO2 and robs its players of what the game truly has to offer. And if you think its bad now just WAIT until you see how they butcher New Genesis. the games not even out yet and censorship was already pointed out in the NA trailers.

So if they want to be aggressively pro censorship then for the first time I'm going to aggressively give you all a solution.

Stop supporting this server.

Its as simple as that, you don't have to play on this server, and you don't have to give them your money just for them to spit in your face. The JP server is open to you, it always has been, always will be, and you know what? its translated into English far better then what this servers translation team did. On top of that, you don't even need a VPN, all you need is the PSO2 tweaker. It translates the game for you and gets you ready to go. Everything you've experienced on the NA server will be there for you when you log in, in full English, and everything they ripped out will also be there for you, in full English. You as players have the power to fight against the censorship treatment you all are receiving, there are better options for you out there to enjoy PSO2 the way it was meant to be enjoyed, the only thing stopping you from a true PSO2 server is you. If I could make the switch, you could to.

Wishing you all the best in your fight against the censorship anyway. Good luck guys.

Edit: Just want to add that PSO2 JP has quite a good sized English/Western speaking community that is located on ship 2. So you will be among English speaking players if you go tot hat ship.

@Zizel said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Still fighting the good fight i see lads? I may not be here anymore but I'm still routing for you guys

SEGA has already made their point. SEGA NA is an extremely and aggressively pro censorship company. They will continue to butcher and water down your PSO2 experience just to keep these ideals in check. They've been doing it since day one and over time its only gotten worse and worse just as it was predicted it would.

The bottom line is people will come in here and either be pro censorship or against it. Those who say "Well they are listening to us, just give them time" are being mislead. I could sit here and type up a post filled with facts and details about why the censorship is wrong and all that, and in the past i have, but in the end I realized there is just no getting through to the devs. You cannot change the opinion of a dev team that is so aggressively pro censorship they are willing to tear their own game apart just to advocate their ideals.

At first when i was active on NA i tried to be understanding, I tried to give the dev team for the NA server the benefit of the doubt and did truly believe they were listening to feedback. I see now thats not the case, the aggressive censorship of this server is completely out of control that its become blatantly obvious that the dev team is not taking the best interest of the server or its player base into consideration at all. Each new decision, be it with loot boxes or functions or censorship progressively damages the experience of PSO2 and robs its players of what the game truly has to offer. And if you think its bad now just WAIT until you see how they butcher New Genesis. the games not even out yet and censorship was already pointed out in the NA trailers.

So if they want to be aggressively pro censorship then for the first time I'm going to aggressively give you all a solution.

Stop supporting this server.

Its as simple as that, you don't have to play on this server, and you don't have to give them your money just for them to spit in your face. The JP server is open to you, it always has been, always will be, and you know what? its translated into English far better then what this servers translation team did. On top of that, you don't even need a VPN, all you need is the PSO2 tweaker. It translates the game for you and gets you ready to go. Everything you've experienced on the NA server will be there for you when you log in, in full English, and everything they ripped out will also be there for you, in full English. You as players have the power to fight against the censorship treatment you all are receiving, there are better options for you out there to enjoy PSO2 the way it was meant to be enjoyed, the only thing stopping you from a true PSO2 server is you. If I could make the switch, you could to.

Wishing you all the best in your fight against the censorship anyway. Good luck guys.

Edit: Just want to add that PSO2 JP has quite a good sized English/Western speaking community that is located on ship 2. So you will be among English speaking players if you go tot hat ship.

Enjoy your 300 ping. I prefer the smoothness of global.

@Ephemiel Episode 4 was the smart inner.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki Hilariously enough, JP server doesn't have ping issues in nearly anything other than PVP and you won't do PVP anyways.

@Dragon-Cloud I'll check one of the sites I have for cosmetics and link some examples from there or rather the entire site.

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/costumes_1.php#nav

First page has tons of combat gear and re-colours of them.

Hi guys, I'm really sad about this censorship... SEGA's dishonesty is incredible, they had written that there would be all the contents, but I only see cuts and censorships everywhere. Also this thread confirmed all my fears. Thank you for the accurate list.

I really wish SEGA would remove all censorship, especially I would like it to remove the height limitation... That is the most ridiculous censorship I've ever seen.

Oh my gosh..... I didn't know there was so much censorship... Now I absolutely don't want to play PSO2 Global anymore.

@ARKS_84 Man... you are totally right...

@Archetype-Luna Thank you for this thread. You saved hours of my life, since I'm not going to play Global until this is fixed.

@Zizel Well, JP ship2 is really full of english speakers, but the game is not optimized for PC, Global version has better UI and better font, Also I wanted to play Global because I would like to play New Genesis as well, and not sure if it will be translated by Arks-Layer.

But... well... problem solved, I'm stuck with JP. Can't plat this censored garbage after all.

And to think I thought it was a bug... gosh, it's really unbelievable... https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7580/error-on-importing-my-character-from-the-jp-version

I will most likely write an article about this version on my blog. Bad experience really, and I haven't even started playing it...

@Dark_Raven said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Oh my gosh..... I didn't know there was so much censorship... Now I absolutely don't want to play PSO2 Global anymore.

@ARKS_84 Man... you are totally right...

@Archetype-Luna Thank you for this thread. You saved hours of my life, since I'm not going to play Global until this is fixed.

@Zizel Well, JP ship2 is really full of english speakers, but the game is not optimized for PC, Global version has better UI and better font, Also I wanted to play Global because I would like to play New Genesis as well, and not sure if it will be translated by Arks-Layer.

But... well... problem solved, I'm stuck with JP. Can't plat this censored garbage after all.

And to think I thought it was a bug... gosh, it's really unbelievable... https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7580/error-on-importing-my-character-from-the-jp-version

I will most likely write an article about this version on my blog. Bad experience really, and I haven't even started playing it...

It's rumored that NGS is going to work the same way as FFXIV which means JP and NA/global play on the same game with the same updates at the same time since it's suppsoed to release both versions at the same time.

So I'm thinking you can move your Japan account to NGS and play in english with no censorship on teh JP servers.

@SleeprunnerInc Only rumors... I want facts. This is why I had decided to start from scratch with Global. But I didn't know the situation was so terrible here, I expected to be able to play the same version of the JP only a few Episodes backwards, but accelerated. Instead it is a scam full of limitations.

Now a question arises spontaneously: What is the real reason for the censorship here?

Probably the reason is even more ridiculous than the censorship itself, which is why SEGA didn't warn users of the change.

@Zizel One thing to note is that Sega of America is not the ones managing PSO2. Sega of Japan is actually the managing it. Most likely it is a sub-team within the Phantasy Star Crew and there have been signs of feedback getting through.

Also, for me, moving to JP right now would mean leaving a lot of friends as they don't wish to start over in JP (especially when some of them have whaled on cosmetics). I imagine this may be the case for some others as well.

There have been signs of feedback getting through as well, such as the extension on the SG Scratch. Sega in general has been taking more of an interest in the global market as well due to profits from legacy titles on Steam and the global version of PSO2.

So, if there is ever a time to push for no censorship, it would be now.

If its SEGA jp who is doin everything and choosing what they think is good, I dont think they will listen to a few westerners just because they have guns for their skimpy bitchy teens, SEGA always done what they want with their games, unless its a lot of money loss

Personally I dont mind those little changes so far, but not telling to their audience what they actually changed is not that good, especially if you go in the long run and want to form an healthy community

They also should add more stuff instead of just dropping some of it

@Dragon-Cloud Sega never had a good communication track record. Also, you'd be surprised as companies have reversed censorship before.

If anything, they would be saving money by not having to censor things, as it takes work to censor. Getting feedback on people wanting no censorship can deter future censorship as well.

I just submitted a request to the customer support. I hope they give me plausible explanations.

@Archetype-Luna Totally. And this is something they need to change. They need to be clear with the western fans, it the least they can do.

Id be surprised ig SEGA reverse their choices tho, but the first path would be making them to put all the changes on notes for everyone to see before patches and stuff.

or maybe they plan on adding those things later because they are "fixing" them for NA... Still needs to say their doing about it, because of "All content"

@Dragon-Cloud If you are talking about the cutscenes; the dubbed voice lines are actually already in the files. Part of the feedback is to say that they really don't need to worry about altering or fixing things for western audiences. We can handle things like the bath scenes.