Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

SleeprunnerInc, never in my lifetime I would gather such evidence. I love ya 😧

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

However these two charts also tell that we lost a pretty big group of players BECAUSE of the height limit (combined with outfit changes, content cuts etc) so that was already a huge blow. And the trend continues with bleeding players out nearly faster than Ring of elysium did.

I don't see how those charts = bleeding out players in global but sure. Whatever helps you push your narrative I guess...?

If people didn't wanna play the game due to censorship they probably left at episode 4 or never even started playing in global. The game "bleeding out" has nothing to do with your censorship obsession.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Maybe they stay just to justify the "investiment" they already did so they don't waste money? Many already stopped paying for premium because of that.

@Frost-Soar said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Maybe they stay just to justify the "investiment" they already did so they don't waste money? Many already stopped paying for premium because of that.

Seems like a weird form of stockholm syndrome to me. Just admit you made a mistake with your money and move on to what makes you happy. No one likes to admit they spent money on something bad but I think they will ultimately be happier if they just cut ties. Seems like a sad existence to keep coming back to something that makes you upset.

A mistake with the money, yes. But that doesn't mean we have to stop using our premium time that we already purchased, right? Mine runs out on October 21th, and I don't plan to renew it, so at least let me spend this time V:

@Frost-Soar said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

A mistake with the money, yes. But that doesn't mean we have to stop using our premium time that we already purchased, right? Mine runs out on October 21th, and I don't plan to renew it, so at least let me spend this time V:

I mean that is fine, it seems like wasted time if you don't plan on continuing to play but that is your choice. I'm just stating that I highly doubt large numbers dwindling as of now are due to censorship.

I personally don't have premium as well. I'm waiting for NGS at this point. I'm kind of curious what the English JP community is going to do about that launch. I feel like the tweaker won't be ready to launch it at the same time as global if they are doing their own translations unless they can get all the info before hand.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm just stating that I highly doubt large numbers dwindling as of now are due to censorship.

I'm kind of with you on this one, since there's, as far as I know, no survey on people leaving the game. Will need correction on this IF there is in fact a way to see the reasons people had for leaving. If not, and as I said many posts back, we can assume to our hearts content, but we don't have definitive proof of what's causing people to leave. On the other hand, it may be indeed true that some people may have quit Global strictly because of the changes and limitations not present in JP. How many? I don't know. Anybody knows?

@Frost-Soar I just remembered seeing these graphs present through SEGA themselves, so it helped to finally know something useless lol.

@ZorokiHanuke I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the sole reason people are leaving is due to censorship.

It might be true to a part of the people that it's their sole reason for leaving (Me being one).

But people have left for reasons such as Crappy MS launch, Predatory monetization, bugs, crappy translations (Not finished translations such as Flavortext missing), stupid changes (Blacklist to blocklist) etc.

Also if Gamer tried to @ me, I have them blocked due to past reasons.

Ah, btw, there's also another thread on censorship over in Steam's Discussions.

Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1056640/discussions/0/2972897380391705690/

@SleeprunnerInc Yeah. We all know not everyone who leaves the game does so due to a single reason. The problem is when some posters begin using the terms 'majority' and 'minority', or 'everybody' and 'nobody'. I think we are leaving that behind on this thread, and that's good. But we need to remind and be reminded that using those words without knowing any numbers is an irresponsible thing to do, and that's where I advice caution when posting our opinions here. Not pointing this to you, since you are trying to get some real numbers, but the words have been used against you and others way too often. And I feel that in 2020, those things have trouble flying anymore.

And nope, the user in question is not addressing you.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm just stating that I highly doubt large numbers dwindling as of now are due to censorship.

I'm kind of with you on this one, since there's, as far as I know, no survey on people leaving the game. Will need correction on this IF there is in fact a way to see the reasons people had for leaving. If not, and as I said many posts back, we can assume to our hearts content, but we don't have definitive proof of what's causing people to leave. On the other hand, it may be indeed true that some people may have quit Global strictly because of the changes and limitations not present in JP. How many? I don't know. Anybody knows?

I definitely don't doubt that people have left due to censorship but I feel as though they would have left quite a while back. Episode 4 should be the nail in the coffin far as anyone believing that they (Sega) will sway on the censorship ordeal. At this point I can only recommend they play JP if that stuff matters so much to them.

The only 2 disadvantage of playing on JP right now would be missed cosmetics and AC being more expensive (at least in my case, in NA's the conversion is basically 1:1), other than that... it is a good way.

Not only they literally have ALL THE CONTENT (they create it), they have more integrations (PSO2es, IDOLA, etc).

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I definitely don't doubt that people have left due to censorship but I feel as though they would have left quite a while back. Episode 4 should be the nail in the coffin far as anyone believing that they (Sega) will sway on the censorship ordeal. At this point I can only recommend they play JP if that stuff matters so much to them.

idk about other people, but the only reason I cared at all about ep4 was as an indication that they were starting to change things. The story scenes themselves are w/e, if you really care there's not much difference between viewing them from the quest counter or on youtube. But I was willing to go with "okay they're just being over-diligent about minors, it's similar to the height slider, whatever"

But now that we're at the point where we're getting confirmed changes to player equipment (and not just things we haven't seen yet / don't know when they'll come in) I'm a bit more concerned, because yeah sure I like cosmetics and it matters a bit to me. As someone who didn't start playing till global, "go play JP" aint really a solution either since 90% of stuff is already out of rotation and basically unobtainable (plus, sunk cost+friends on global).

I might be less concerned if we ever got a single breath of feedback from SEGA about their direction here, but with how it seems like their implementation is really inconsistent (I don't know how they OK'd Luna Prophecy but not the hariette basewear when Luna covers less than basically any innerwear) it's hard to guess what they're gonna do when they say absolutely nothing.

@Akonyl And now you're asking the real question there.

We have absolutely NO FEEDBACK on Sega's part, they are just doing it without any reason other than "please" the non-player base at all.

Unfortunately as much as we don't like it, they don't have to give us an explanation. One would be nice sure but it isn't something they are obligated to have to give us.

Seeing as we haven't gotten one at all and are at episode 5 of 6 I don't see it happening.