Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZorokiHanuke Yeah seems like it. Both PSO and PSU had around the same lifespan even though the JP servers continued on for a few more years. And well, considering it is largely the PSU team, you may be right in that regard.

@Hecyna I don't want to be a doom monger, but Sega keeps being that company that's very skilled at rubbing their western customers the wrong way. And I'm not just talking about these censors, but all the other problems to bring an 8 year old game to the West and the problems after it. Couple that with zero real communication other than sales and server maintenance periods, and you get more than a single part of the community on edge. And that's a recipe for those very numbers you see on the charts.

@ZorokiHanuke I understand completely. The silence in regard to anything isn't a good sign. Especially considering Premium users lost nearly two days due to the duping/illegal server modifications with only Tri-Boosts and some SG as a band aid. Had they just said something, then I am sure many people wouldn't had minded the problem at hand. When JP had issues that would make consumers waste products that they paid for and couldn't get it, then guess what they did? They apologized, said it wasn't right despite the problem being critical, and gave everyone, and I mean everyone, a free 1-3 days Premium ticket as a compensation. That's how I feel NA should do when emergency things gets spurred on the community.

Although I think they should at least make an official post, I can also see why they're not coming out with a statement. However, you are right in that it does more damage to them. This is not anything new from SOA. I really do believe censorship had very little to do with numbers(adding this here because it is somewhat on the topic) and more on the fact that EP5 release was incredibly botched with nothing being said other than "take some free in-game stuff and hope you'll keep playing lol". It's only natural that players are pissed and doesn't want to support a game that did burn them out. Customers can only take so much before they shake their heads and move onto a different game with more transparency. Especially when there was a faulty launch to begin with(Microsoft Store days)

Any GMs reading this, don't take it as "SEGA BAD, SEGA EVIL". I love SEGA. I just wish the communication was there. Suppose one can say this is a form of feedback within a heated thread.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@HawkingPoints said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It is January 10th 2021. PSO2 is on episode 6. This thread has reached 200+ pages. Global is still censored and Sega has said nothing. NGS's release date is announced and it will be censored in the west as well. "I'll play it but I'm still going to keep posting" forum user Masterweeber9000 says. "This is bullshit! I'm only going to spend 100 dollars instead of the 500 I would have because the censorship!" says Oniichanlover69.

It is December 12 2021. This thread is at 400+ pages. NGS is out, it is censored in the west. "I'll never give up hope." forum user touhoulicker420 says. "We just have to show Sega that censorship is bad and they should feel bad. They will cave once they see how the playerbase really feels. They will wish they had all this money". Sega had record profits this year. The majority was from PSO2 global.

Meanwhile, even right after the release of Episode 5, the population keeps dwindling.

population_decrease_trend (2).jpg

Go look up other multiplayer anime/japan/sprite mmos on steam. Kind of like they all have the same fate. I wonder why.

has to be censorship

Oh yes, I have.

@HawkingPoints said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It is January 10th 2021. PSO2 is on episode 6. This thread has reached 200+ pages. Global is still censored and Sega has said nothing. NGS's release date is announced and it will be censored in the west as well. "I'll play it but I'm still going to keep posting" forum user Masterweeber9000 says. "This is bullshit! I'm only going to spend 100 dollars instead of the 500 I would have because the censorship!" says Oniichanlover69.

It is December 12 2021. This thread is at 400+ pages. NGS is out, it is censored in the west. "I'll never give up hope." forum user touhoulicker420 says. "We just have to show Sega that censorship is bad and they should feel bad. They will cave once they see how the playerbase really feels. They will wish they had all this money". Sega had record profits this year. The majority was from PSO2 global.

Meanwhile, even right after the release of Episode 5, the population keeps dwindling.

population_decrease_trend (2).jpg

Doesn't really mean money is dwindling. Still too early to really tell.

Might be censorship. Might be..... waiting 8 years to bring a game from 2012 over. Might be...... announcing the new game when the current one (for NA at least) is only like 4 months old.

If it was censorship I think those people probably would of left after the whole episode 4 fiasco but then again...... Looks at this thread

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Nah the game clearly dying now, no one talk about it anymore other than the players. MS store failure, Steam launcher failure. Especially with the new Genshin Impact released. Im still here is because of to help my alliance. I probably gone by now if not because of it.

I still remember someone said this is just normal trend in mmorpg and EP5 content will bring player back. MMOPRG trend my ass.

@Hecyna As I like to say nowadays, I'm on a love/hate relationship with this company. My second ever console was a Sega, and I bought most of them (at least the more mainstream ones) as they came out. So I can't really hate this company permanently. It's like that friend you've had since forever, and you think he's friendly and cool, but hes the one who enters your home with dirty shoes, makes a mess of your bathroom, and grabs your beer off your fridge without permission. So yes, you get annoyed, but he's still your friend in the end.

As for who's doing what for this game, as far as I understand, it's SoJ calling the shots, with SoA acting as just a proxy, and a sub contractor handling some other matters. I feel it is a sad state of things for SoA, mostly since Sega had Americans at it's core pretty much since it's official founding.

Yeah, this game have been mishandling quite a lot so far, while the content isn't still as bad as say, SEA server which is one heck of an abomination it's still pretty bad regardless. Hell, I'm still mad at them for messing up FF shop and make us missed that damn maid cloth. They said they already heard our complain but they still didn't do jack shit about it.

While it's still dumb thing to do, for me, I don't care too much about word censoring and some story scene remove since it doesn't affect how I generally play the game(and I can watch those scene on youtube anyway), but this basewear censoring, smart innerwear remove, height censoring really pissed me off quite a bit. It's like you're an artist but you don't allow to draw character the way you want because other people find it offensive. Eventhough I'm drawing that characer to appeal to myself, not those said people. It totally broke the 'customization your character the way you want' appeal that this game has. It's matter of time before people like me have had enough and quit the game altogether if they still continue doing this kind of shit.

But yeah, some people might be glad that people like me are leaving too so more power to them I guess.

@Melforne your analogy reminded me of that artist who drew Nezuko from Demon Slayer and had a backlash from SJW calling him/her and anyone who liked the art a pedophile.

Has anyone sent a direct message to SoJ? I'm having a feeling that the messages we send on support and here are being filtered.

@Hecyna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I am personally not interested in pure numbers because I know that I'm going to play PSO2NA for a long time unless they put a large paywall(SG is still not mandatory and is free given how much you want to/can grind!) on the consumers. Silly things like cut/edited sub scenes and an edited basewear(and more to come, probably) isn't worth the time to be upset about. If someone wants to quit over that, it's their choice. Not much we can do.

My thoughts exactly.

At least the basewear I can understand people being upset about, since it's what we wear and not the character and that typically doesn't happen. All of the rage over EP4 is bizarre though. While they were seething about not being able to see a little boy's bare ass, I was enjoying the entire Mother arc and loving Yamato.

@ApollosAmour Eh, I think it's more of people doesn't like missing out on story rather than just want to see Al's butts since there's some mention about those scenes in the story but we never get to see it. Though I'm not too worry since it's nothing too significance(and ep4 is kinda meh to me anyway)

It's like when I bought a light novel and find out that some pages are missing because they messed up the printing process, while those pages are not too important and I can still understand general storyline but I still find it annoying nonetheless.

Though, I'm a bit worry that if I'm fine with these little snipping and cutting then they would think it's okay to do it more and at some point they might cut a chunk of important part by accident. Just like how Treehouse cut the entire conversation in Fire emblem and changed it to just '...'

Also tbh, if people really want to see those kind of thing then they would just go play H-game instead of PSO2 lmao

@Melforne I'd be bothered if they cut really big things, but it's mostly just been stuff of little to no real importance so far. And it's usually explained away with localizing the game to a global market or cutting the fat with certain features. Not that that accounts for all of it, but it does for most of it.

Thankfully most of the people that were really pervy about it in these threads seem to have been filtered to JP, even if they still hang out here. I can respect just wanting all of the content as is though. Just not when it's being chalked up to a grand conspiracy or made to seem much more significant than it actually is lol

As for me I'm not letting this discussion die without a proper answer.

The ep4 I can give it was cringe on its own right but we are getting edited content already (Raven/Slave, Handler/Master, Hariett's clothes, minimum height restriction).

I'm not willing to mod my game but I might do it to "fix" it.

@ApollosAmour yea keep being thankful and celebrating people leaving the global version of the game. Reason some of us hang out here is because JP does not have players forums and this is as official as we can have to communicate with other players (there's also PSO-world but that's not run by SEGA). We also want to voice our concerns and don't want more things from global being implemented on JP after what was seen with the mission pass - so we come here to figure out what's the scheme they have came up with on global server.

I left before EP4 even dropped - so not really involved in those shenanigans. The state of SG, lack of QoL that mobile games had to offer, censhorship/cut content prior to EP4 was enough to turn people away. Announcement of NGS and ability to carry over cosmetics just further convinced me that JP would be more fitting for me. There's alot of cosmetics I have that I like on JP and would rather not gamble on whether they make it over to global due to copyright or censorship.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Nah the game clearly dying now, no one talk about it anymore other than the players. MS store failure, Steam launcher failure. Especially with the new Genshin Impact released. Im still here is because of to help my alliance. I probably gone by now if not because of it.

I still remember someone said this is just normal trend in mmorpg and EP5 content will bring player back. MMOPRG trend my ass.

I figure it will be on a steady decline until NGS releases but I doubt it actually dies. The Chinese Gacha is good but not a lot of people have hit the 30 wall yet and those pull rates are pretty terrible. I'm personally waiting for Blue Protocol myself, the combat looks somewhat similar but in a more Tales Of style.

I get on from time to time but I'm not too heavily invested myself since NGS is on the horizon.