Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZorokiHanuke And blood, don't forget the blood.

Just curious for those against the censorship, are you still currently supporting/playing global or playing on JP or not at all?

@Frost-Soar That purple blood, yes, that stuff really deserves an M rating.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I'm personally not against ALL of the added censorship. My only beef has always been with the height limitations. The rest has been of no consequence to me so far. As in, nothing to sway me to go in favor nor against it. Meaning, I'm not quitting Global for this reason yet. It does seem others are taking a more aggressive stance and really leaving Global, but as someone who tries to respect everyone's views, I'm not going to throw flak at them for their decision, nor for their threshold to withstand censored games.

I'm a little tired, although many complain, SEGA continues to ignore. I will also ignore the game, and maybe also this forum, for a while. I await news. For now there are only useless arguments with the same blocked people. Nothing is changed since day one 😖

@Not-A-Bear totally hit the topic, I would like to support him, but I know it's not a good idea, not here.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Just curious for those against the censorship, are you still currently supporting/playing global or playing on JP or not at all?

I'm playing global, but I'm also boycotting giving them a single penny of my money.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I still play it, in hopes that SEGA will eventually cut back on the censorship, especially when it came to stuff that made zero sense at all. That said, if it continues, I might play less, if it does more than continue, and becomes far worse, I will cease playing altogether. If you are going to criticize something like censorship, you better damn well be ready to be there and back the game in the event that it gets removed. That's how I see it.

@Not-A-Bear said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm playing global, but I'm also boycotting giving them a single penny of my money.

This is still a net positive for SEGA, because even though you're not giving them money, players are content in a free-to-play game, which gets people playing more, and obviously more likely to spend money.

Nobody likes playing a ghost game.

Basically, if you're so against the censorship that you believe it must be rectified, playing the game in any capacity, even if you don't spend any money, is still contributing to SEGA's profits even if indirectly.

For the record, I am personally indifferent to all this. It really... doesn't impact the game in the slightest.

@Not-A-Bear said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Or are you being paid to ignore everything?

He's either being paid, or he's knee-deep in the cult of feminism.

Lmao, here we go again. It's almost as if people can disagree with you or be more knowledgeable than you on any given subject without being a figment of your imagination.

I don't think you guys understand these terms well enough to be accusing people of them. At least when pedophile was being thrown around, the shoe fit. I'm sure you heard someone on youtube say "SJW" or "feminist", but I don't think you were actually listening to them when they explained what they mean.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed The last I checked, the majority in the thread were on JP and hovering around the boards. But we also just found out that a few of them were the same person, so lol

I play Global and don't plan to stop just because the game is still fun. I would prefer no censorship, but the fact that it is fun keeps me playing.

My stance as well- Sega is free to censor their game and treat me like a child despite playing an M rated game(which was Cero C 15+ in Japan with all the content we have now uncensored- basically showing they are censoring the equivalent of a T rated game rather than an M rated game in the first place) and i'm free to not support them by spending the money I otherwise would have. Sega isn't getting more money because the censorship exists- they're objectively losing out on a bit for some players- but it's a drop in the bucket and not nearly enough for them to revert a change over. Sad truth

@MoldyAsp33874 We've talked about it before, but CERO and ESRB are different rating boards. The episode 5/6 content is what pushed it to CERO D in Japan, while the altered content in 4 is still an M rating by itself in North America. Here's their summary on the rating:

Rating Summary

This is a massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing game in which players explore planets and encounter fantasy creatures (e.g., dragons, robots, demons). Players use futuristic swords, machine guns, and tech/magic attacks to defeat enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are accompanied by large explosions, realistic gunfire, and cries of pain. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence and blood: a character stabbed through the chest, resulting in pink splatters of blood; characters struck by laser fire. The game contains a customizable female character that appears topless, with breasts covered by pasties. The word “f**k” is heard in the dialogue.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37118/Phantasy+Star+Online+2/

@ApollosAmour Doesn't change the fact that they are censoring stuff like blood from M rated game.

@SternalVessel61 First of all I'm just going to let you know that it's not particularly subtle that you're on an alt account right now. I don't get why you just keep hopping alts when it's blatantly obvious. Just stay on your main, nobody cares.

Additionally, why are you making stuff up? Or rather, why are you intentionally lying and spreading disinformation? 🙂

e8354271-691b-43d1-9979-1917a3ecf822-image.png

@ZorokiHanuke The purple blood, if it even is blood and not some weird soul bullshit, during episode 4 is purple in the JP version as well. Always has been.

See here: https://youtu.be/dw4wqdz6ueU?t=960

@SternalVessel61 It's not censored. The blood is there, which is one of the reasons it got an M rating.