Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny This is a very elitist attitude. It's partially why I feel like the JP community tends to be the most toxic to Global, at least on the forums. There's been a lot of great JP players I've had the privilege to meet, but I've also run into the types in these threads that are just plain bitter.

@ApollosAmour Elitist attitude in what sense? Forgive me, I did not understand what you mean. But I don't think I've said bitter things. In fact, I'm showing my love for this game and I want everyone to be happy. Also, you still haven't explained why you want the censorship to stay. What benefits does it give you? We've even created a suggestion thread about the the toggle option, where you can turn censorship on and off at will. So we "elitists" are also thinking about your good.

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Fighter-Fairy said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

What patch do you think that can bring the new player here after what have devs done to this server?

Episode 5, episode 6, and events. Major content updates and events are what generally help to bring new players in or increase average player activity. Nothing they've done has taken meaningful value away from the game, they've simply localized it in a different way than the arks-layer localization did.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Global just parasite riding on its glory.

This statement alone says a lot about you and I can safely say that none of your opinions or input will matter 🙂 Go back to JP since it's so great and Global is so bad.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I wouldn't be surprised if the GMs realized they themselves can't get anything forwarded to the Dev team and are now just backseat moderators.

Meanwhile things have regularly been forwarded and changes have been made to all sorts of things, but that doesn't count since it's not what you want right?

"All kinds of things" Like what? Slave-raven which there was a single thread that sounded like it was trolling- you think they took THAT feedback that quickly and refuse to acknowledge anything else?.. Or the postpone of the SG scratch end?... They could have just as easily realized themselves how hard it was for people to fit in 40 SG scratches in 2 months to get what they wanted in a double-scratch, a years worth of items in JP in 2 months without any adjustments to pricing is quite unfair. They could have just realized that themselves. So far we've had no proof anything has been acknowledged whatsoever. And there's been plenty of actual good ideas that would be easy to implement in regards to QoL that people- even in JP version wanted and never got(like the ability to see when people last signed in). It seems like Sega just does what they want when they want and ignores all voices.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The evidence is the continuous decrease in the number of players. Also what impact would you have liked to see? People already knew that the game was censored, from the Beta. Obviously there is no impact on the graph of the Global version. Also doesn't it seem strange to you that there are so few players on Steam? Ask yourself a few questions and think.

You stated it's due to censorship, and prior to the censored gaming video many people did not know there were those changes in the localization. I can safely say that because all of these threads have gotten extremely minuscule view counts compared to the games population, even now, and only few people voting on the polls. Most players don't even use the forum.

If the population decline wasn't the regular MMO launch behavior, and was in fact due to the localization, the population would've been noticeably impacted by the videos release. However, if we actually look at the data you referenced earlier...

alt text

There was clearly no significant impact by a video that garnered thousands of views very quickly, and introduced people who were formerly unaware about the localization, in fact two days after the censored gaming video the player counts peaked for that 18 day period.

alt text

Now if we look at the 7 day trend, the one you ignored / intentionally didn't post, we see the typical trend of highest peaks being on weekends and Wednesdays. There's really not much to say on the matter, the localization is not negatively affecting the player the count in any meaningful way. If the changes weren't made in the localization, all the charts would still be the same, and you people would be complaining about something else being the reason the game is going to die.

PSO2 has consistently been in the top 100 on steam, with similar daily peak player counts to another online action rpg Path of Exile, so no these numbers are totally fine to me and don't seem low or out of the norm.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny @Silvalance Oh woe is you! The burden you must feel having such a heavy weight, to have the "responsibility" to "save [the Global version]" "before it's too late." Your narcissism and inflated senses of self-importance is showing. First and foremost opening up to a global release is to draw in new players, stepping through the content as they have been is for the purposes of introducing new players to the content from throughout the years instead of plopping them into episode 6 content.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm 37yo, I've played enough MMORPGs to be nauseous, and I may be your father. I know how things work, and what you don't understand is that this is not a game for new users. The decline that has been and is continuing to happen is due to those who already knew PSO2. Eventually everyone of us will leave and only the new players will remain. Good luck to SEGA in surviving with just those.

alt text

I grew up playing the classic Phantasy Star games, playing Ultima Online, playing FFXI and PSO. I played PSU + portable1/2, PSZ, and I played PSO2 off and on since JP beta (most recently in ep 5 in 2018). Unfortunately I don't have access to my old hotmail account I signed up for PSO2 on originally, but I do atleast have the e-mail from when I started playing again in 2015 on a new account since I couldn't find my old details... alt text alt text

So don't try to pull some seniority shit, I've been with this franchise my whole life and have played countless MMOs from their launch till effective death.

I can't tell if that's your signature as well or just something you added to the end of the post, but it's pretty sad and ties back into the narcissism thing and the inflated sense of self importance. You're so full of yourself you can't even fathom there's people who actually play and enjoy the games regardless of what minor localization changes there are, you assume this launch is all about you and your circles but at the end of the day the global launch is primarily for the new players.

The non-stop toxicity, elitism, and doomer mindset from you specific JP players is more harmful to the game than any localization changes have ever been.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny

Also, you still haven't explained why you want the censorship to stay.

I've explained why I'm in favor of the changes countless times. It's inadequate to anyone unwilling to listen, so it's not worth repeating. The simple answer is: localization.

Elitist attitude in what sense?

Also, to the dishonest who defend censorship so much (and i am sure you are newcomers), you better stay on our side if you don't want them to shut down the service. If you really care about the game, you should give up your moralism. Because your moralism is very personal.

We've even created a suggestion thread about the the toggle option, where you can turn censorship on and off at will. So we "elitists" are also thinking about your good.

This is very condescending language to the point of treading upon pseudo-prophetic ramblings. My experience in these threads has been a real roller coaster, but this really ranks up there with the person that went off on a tangent about how Coca-Cola was ruling the world and how the localization in the game leads to worldwide human suffering (which no shit, actually happened lol).

@MoldyAsp33874 Those requests may be invalid from your perspective, but people asked for them, the GMs listened, and they were changed. I have to agree that it seems like it doesn't count because they're changes other people wanted.

@Archetype-Luna Sorry, I will leave the forum, I don't post anymore. It's impossible, those people are insane and they try hard, look at those Laep charts, he didn't even understand what I wrote in my post, he totally pushed the argument in his favor. I'm really happy with all the effort you put into the first post, and I've seen how they attack you all the time. I honestly don't have all this patience, and after Laep's post I have had enough.

@Laep Enjoy the censorship, I happy for you. Also, nice collection, I don't have PSO1, I have PSU, Portable, Nova and PSO2 Vita package.

Well, to Laep, I was debating whether to get involved in this forum, I don't generally use forums, so who knows I won't probably stay around for much, feel like I'm getting too old and tired for this stuff.

This thing about population charts, we don't know yet. There hasn't been enough time to see a trend. Also, if you think censorship has had no effect on this game at all... it has on me at least, as someone who used to play and pay, so there's one fact. I have a feeling I'm not the only one, in fact I know I'm not. Does it/will it matter? I don't know, not yet at least.

Also, you, like a lot of people, seem to know everything, but no one really does, I don't either. But I don't pretend to. You have to wait, and try to be a bit more open-minded, I try to myself.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny I don't think you have any room to call anyone insane after those last couple of posts. I mean really.

Hmm maybe it's a waste of a post or my time but actually, @ApollosAmour I was curious about something and sorry to say I haven't really read your stuff but you said: "I've explained why I'm in favor of the changes countless times. It's inadequate to anyone unwilling to listen, so it's not worth repeating. The simple answer is: localization."

Well I'm willing to listen, and even read. I have a question or two or some for you. Guess I'm just curious what other people think, hope it's not getting off topic, but, the people who play this game over in the West, do you think a lot of them are anime fans? Do you think they differ much from the Japanese player-base? Do you like bunnies, I see one in your avatar?

@ApollosAmour said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MoldyAsp33874 Those requests may be invalid from your perspective, but people asked for them, the GMs listened, and they were changed. I have to agree that it seems like it doesn't count because they're changes other people wanted.

They're not invalid. I never said that. We just don't know if those posts were what caused the change. Because they're sensible changes from any perspective. Renaming the weapons to make more sense(raven = black- there's no flavor text so no one would know why they were called Slave. Just confusing people..- and the SG scratch change is just commonsense- it was absolutely horrible in practice and they probably didn't think it out until later when when they postponed the scratch- which they didn't change ingame until quite a while after it was announced on the site anyway)

We don't know if the threads posted and the comments made were why the devs changed those. It would be simple if they said something like- we've heard your concerns!.. So we are going to run the current SG scratch alongside the new one for much longer!.. etcetc. But they won't do that. I'm still convinced they're arbitrarily changing things that make sense to them- and haven't seen anything from this forum where even GMs seem to have given up.

@MoldyAsp33874 I thought there was an irony in changing the name to Raven since ravens are the color black. And I admit it made me laugh a bit. Since the original name for the weapons of Slave had nothing to do with black slavery. There's an indirect connection to it now, if you think about it.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny I'd pull out everything if I could, most of it is in my old family home. I play PSO1 from time to time still, and am working on translating those two novels alongside the classic series CYOA novels with a friend of mine. Perhaps we should we make a Phantasy Star memorabilia thread in another forum.

I enjoy the gameplay and the story, and none of their changes have devalued any of it in a significant way and many other players feel the same way. At the end of the day, all I want is to see less of the doomer "everything is horrible and the game will fail unless you listen to US specifically" mindset. If you didn't talk as if the success of the game was completely dependent upon your opinion and yours alone we wouldn't be having this conversation. You have to realize how narcissistic that mindset is.

You can call me insane but in reality I'm not the one who is going around saying the game is guaranteed to fail unless they listen to me, I'm not the one who is convinced that everyone with opposite opinions than me are being paid by global hedge fund managers or companies/groups like "Monsanto, Antifa, Crisis Actors, Staged Crisis Marketing Actors."

@MoldyAsp33874 It's common sense that the scratches were extended due to the massive amount of player feedback on the matter. It came out, players responded extremely negatively, and then they extended it. The GMs haven't given up, they're employed by Sega to moderate both the game and forum and to forward suggestions from the community along. It's probably better for the developers mental health that they don't receive direct unfiltered feedback from the community, it's better it get filtered through the GMs.

@Laep But you have not really read what that user wrote, and you started making graphics in excel without any sense. ahahahahaha

Look this:

Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The evidence is the continuous decrease in the number of players. Also what impact would you have liked to see? People already knew that the game was censored, from the Beta. Obviously there is no impact on the graph of the Global version. Also doesn't it seem strange to you that there are so few players on Steam? Ask yourself a few questions and think.

Laep, everyone knew about the censorship... the Censoring Gaming video obviously doesn't affect Steam stats.... but what did you smoke?

Aaaah, but you are perhaps the same user who searches for a person's nickname on google, and you accused him of pedophilia based on the results you found. I remember that you raged so much against him, so much so that I don't think I have seen him again in the forum, maybe he deleted his account.

So your purpose here is to kick users out and make PSO2 your personal garden.

My compliments, you are really bad.

@demilune said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Hmm maybe it's a waste of a post or my time but actually, @ApollosAmour I was curious about something and sorry to say I haven't really read your stuff but you said: "I've explained why I'm in favor of the changes countless times. It's inadequate to anyone unwilling to listen, so it's not worth repeating. The simple answer is: localization."

Well I'm willing to listen, and even read. I have a question or two or some for you. Guess I'm just curious what other people think, hope it's not getting off topic, but, the people who play this game over in the West, do you think a lot of them are anime fans? Do you think they differ much from the Japanese player-base? Do you like bunnies, I see one in your avatar?

It's not a waste. It just gets old explaining the same thing to the same people with the same results. I can only do it for so long. I don't mind discussing, though.

I think it varies. So far, I've mostly seen a mix of anime fans, JRPG fans, and MMO fans, which have some bleed-over but not always. But I would say yes, I'm sure there's a lot. Western anime fans may or may not differ on an individual level from Japanese anime fans. But as a whole, the Japanese audience and Global audience do differ greatly, mainly in terms of culture.

Yes lol I always wear it.