Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Archetype-Luna Knight is Pookie from earlier, they just renamed their account. Knight is also Palidin. I had my suspicions, but had no proof. Their most recent tangents did that work for me.

Hello,

I'm here because I want the height limits removed. I only learned now that PSO2 is out globally, I had stopped playing the Japanese version for about 2 years. Today, however, I wanted to try the global version, but immediately I saw that something was wrong, I also found this thread (actually a friend linked it to me), and I was totally disappointed with what SEGA did.

I have sent a ticket to support as indicated.

What saddens me a lot is not being able to create little characters, like an SD Gundam or little humans similar to dwarves. I can't even make Sonic. THE GAME IS LESS FUN WITHOUT THESE POSSIBILITIES. (sorry for caps, but I wanted to shout)

About other things I don't care but it's still bad to know that they are censored......................

In the current state of the game I cannot invest my time here, I will wait. If the situation does not change I will ignore the game and eventually return to the Japanese version.

I wonder how receptive players would be to this censorship if it was flagged in game. For instance

• The following scene has been modified: Clothes Added

• The following scene has been removed: <Scene Description>

• Height Slider: 140 to 150 greyed out instead of truncated at 150

Then have a system wide survey to see how players really feel...

@zubkoa I'm starting to think that most likely SEGA's intent is to target only new fans, and they trying to ignore those who already knew PSO2. After all, an user who plays Global for the first time will never find out about the censorship except on this forum, youtube and social networks. But SEGA is confident that over time fans will think the original is the Global version.

A very dishonest move by a company. And if they continue to be silent, it means that my hypothesis could be close to the truth. I'm sorry that NGS will have the same censorship too. So a dead game for many, or some. It doesn't matter the quantity, but it's a despicable thing to do.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny If that what they trying to do, they already failed. People who planing to play global either abort their plan or run to JP by now after knew the censorship considering its not to late to run to JP have most the cools stuff regardless content and collabs/events in both anime/game and irl. Not to mention the New Genesis next year allow them to start fresh in the series.

Tl;dr : This server will dead like SEA.

@Fighter-Fairy As there is a risk that the global server will die, we need to save it before it's too late.

(Now someone will reply to me by linking to me articles like: PSO2 has reached 1 million players; PSO2 has made X million dollars in a couple of months, etc etc, all of this is absolutely irrelevant and is the typical scenario of any new free2play game, even in smartphone games the same happens, so please, you dishonest user, I know you are awaiting post like this, don't try, I'm watching you.)

According to various statistics, it is clear that players are stopping playing the Global version, myself included, there is a gradual loss of users over time, and in a few months it will be even worse. SEGA is slowly losing money.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 140305.png

chart.png

Obviously this is Steam data, and it doesn't represent total players. However, Steam represents the population of global players, and not just North America. Also, the Microsoft Store version is hardly used by anyone anymore for various reasons. (It seems useless and off topic to say the reason, but you know why.) The Xbox version has more of the population than Ship1 alone. I am more than sure that these statistics can somehow represent the general condition of the game. That is a constant decline.

All of this was solely due to the fact that the game is censored, there are limitations, the translation is incomplete, and much more.

Otherwise, the game is fun and this loss of players would make no sense. But they go away. Censorship is hated by most people. Even just asking a random person: "Do you like censorship?" Obviously in 99% of cases he will answer you with a "NO".

Now my final words to the dishonest who will try to shut this thread down: I tell you that the argument will never end, because we have a lot of material to discuss, you don't.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I'm starting to think that most likely SEGA's intent is to target only new fans, and they trying to ignore those who already knew PSO2.

That's exactly it. Global is for a new audience. Those who have already played JP can choose to adapt, but I'm guessing their primary audience are those who are playing PSO2 for the first time. It's more important for them to adapt the game to their new audience than to try to sway those already playing JP to leave and join the new client.

Not that you have to agree with any changes, but that's the simplest answer.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

All of this was solely due to the fact that the game is censored, there are limitations, the translation is incomplete, and much more.

You clearly know nothing about MMO launches, this chart is pretty typical these days. There's always a peak at launch and then a decline while the non-dedicated player base leaves or plays less, the population levels out, and then there's growth over time with large enough patches to bring players back or bring in new players.

This was not due to the game being censored, it's absolutely asinine and very clearly intentionally misleading to say that (unsurprising coming from a person who admits to not playing this version of the game). You can't make claims like that without providing a shred of evidence, and you have none, since neither the censored gaming video nor the threads have made a visual impact on the steamcharts.

Luckily Sega actually has people who know a thing about statistics and MMO populations over time (unlike you) so good luck trying to solidify an argument here that the game is going to die / lose meaningful population because of it.

@zubkoa said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I wonder how receptive players would be to this censorship if it was flagged in game. For instance

• The following scene has been modified: Clothes Added

• The following scene has been removed: <Scene Description>

• Height Slider: 140 to 150 greyed out instead of truncated at 150

Then have a system wide survey to see how players really feel...

That's what a lot of people are asking for. There's many players who are not even aware of what changes are present- and Sega wants that. They want to keep people in the dark so less people fight against it. Transparency is needed to really show that it's a very unpopular change. Most games have patchnotes you can view- PSO2 global has literally nothing other than this forum which no longer has even GMs interacting with it other- it seems. Back when PSO2 was new they were moving threads around and semi-active in discussion but now it seems like it's just us and has been mostly left for dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the GMs realized they themselves can't get anything forwarded to the Dev team and are now just backseat moderators.

@Laep What patch do you think that can bring the new player here after what have devs done to this server? Indeed MMORPG have the time where they players decline and increase, but this is PSO2 not your western mmo and mobile gacha mmo. There are also smurf and bot accounts that also counted as populations.

PSO2 have reputation for being a great mmo but that only on JP. Global just parasite riding on its glory.

PSO2 was never a game that was going to have good concurrent numbers forever because it's a lobby based MMO. The best fights are from Urgent quests some of which are random and the others on a weird schedule. Maybe this will change in the future with ep 6 or NGS but it is what it is.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

What patch do you think that can bring the new player here after what have devs done to this server?

Episode 5, episode 6, and events. Major content updates and events are what generally help to bring new players in or increase average player activity. Nothing they've done has taken meaningful value away from the game, they've simply localized it in a different way than the arks-layer localization did.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Global just parasite riding on its glory.

This statement alone says a lot about you and I can safely say that none of your opinions or input will matter 🙂 Go back to JP since it's so great and Global is so bad.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I wouldn't be surprised if the GMs realized they themselves can't get anything forwarded to the Dev team and are now just backseat moderators.

Meanwhile things have regularly been forwarded and changes have been made to all sorts of things, but that doesn't count since it's not what you want right?

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You clearly know nothing about MMO launches, this chart is pretty typical these days. There's always a peak at launch and then a decline while the non-dedicated player base leaves or plays less, the population levels out, and then there's growth over time with large enough patches to bring players back or bring in new players.

I'm 37yo, I've played enough MMORPGs to be nauseous, and I may be your father. I know how things work, and what you don't understand is that this is not a game for new users. The decline that has been and is continuing to happen is due to those who already knew PSO2. Eventually everyone of us will leave and only the new players will remain.

Good luck to SEGA in surviving with just those.

This was not due to the game being censored, it's absolutely asinine and very clearly intentionally misleading to say that (unsurprising coming from a person who admits to not playing this version of the game). You can't make claims like that without providing a shred of evidence, and you have none, since neither the censored gaming video nor the threads have made a visual impact on the steamcharts.

The evidence is the continuous decrease in the number of players. Also what impact would you have liked to see? People already knew that the game was censored, from the Beta. Obviously there is no impact on the graph of the Global version. Also doesn't it seem strange to you that there are so few players on Steam? Ask yourself a few questions and think.

Luckily Sega actually has people who know a thing about statistics and MMO populations over time (unlike you) so good luck trying to solidify an argument here that the game is going to die / lose meaningful population because of it.

I can't wait for SEGA to say something, we are all waiting even for other reasons. ☺

Do they really hope that PSO2 will survive without veterans? hahahahahahaha

Newcomers alone will be Xbox users at best. Now I'd be really curious to see the official statistics.

In any case it is the veterans who have known PSO2 in the last 8 years who really bring the money to the company. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more users in JP's Ship2 than in Global. hahahaha

P.S. I'm a JP veteran player too;)

Screenshot 2020-09-13 172621.png

@Silvalance Oh yes, that's right, in fact they punished the veterans by not keeping the promise. It was a really petty move, but in the end the loser is only SEGA, because PSO2 JP is always ready to welcome everyone, thanks a lot for the work done by Arks-Layer. But as I was saying to another user earlier, it would be a shame to lose the Global version, and it's important to try to save it before it's too late, in the end it's also our responsibility. I intend to contribute in making Global a place that welcomes both veterans and newcomers seriously.

Some people still haven't realized that 8 years is an extraordinarily long time, and it's pretty obvious that veterans outnumber newcomers, which is why Steam hasn't reached the intended users. Not to mention, there is no real benefit to playing Global if you already have a JP account. So the situation is much more critical than one might think.

Removing censorship from Global can be the salvation. But that's not the only reason, censorship should be removed regardless because it was not necessary on this game.

Also, to the dishonest who defend censorship so much (and i am sure you are newcomers), you better stay on our side if you don't want them to shut down the service. If you really care about the game, you should give up your moralism. Because your moralism is very personal.

Please, let's all cooperate and make PSO2 Global a better place.