Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Leonkh99 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

sigh So, apologies to many who believe I might be acting a bit harsh here, but these issues are getting out of hand...

I believe there are many individuals here who need to friggin grow up and a few who need to rethink their life choices. I'm not a Pro-Censorship person coming here to 'rain on your parade' simply cause we are discussing censorship so make no mistake on that part... however I feel some of the attitudes expressed by people here are not exactly gonna be helping our case and if anything make those trying to argue for or against the 'changes' made to the game look like complete idiots. You all know who you are, I shouldn't have to mention names.

So lets go over some things... "Censorship" is the following:

• (Potentially) the Height slider.
  • Removed Bath Scenes
  • Scenes of Al and Hitsugi naked have clothes given.
  • A couple of (default, not ones unlocked later) innerwear.

Now aside from a couple of these... many aren't really a deal breaker ("Oh no, a young child and teen girl are given clothes, whatever will I do?" --> <Goes back to enjoying literally EVERYTHING ELSE the game has to offer>) but aside from the small quip in brackets if thats such a big deal that its worth quitting the game over... i'm not here to judge as silly as that sounds to me. That said i'm putting my foot down on the following issues:

• Removed Gendered Barriers: Cause oh no their removal removes.... practically nothing, why the HELL ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT THIS?
  • Harukotan's two regions: Cause while the current terms are not as 'blunt' as the Japanese version's "Black Area", "White Area" and people from both areas being "Black People" and "White People", both the Fan Translation's term (Kuronia, Shironia) and the Official Translation's terms (Nightfall, Daybreak) carry the original meaning... its literally a planet with a "Light" and "Darkness" theme!!
  • Slave Weapons to Raven Weapons... i'll cool my temper on this one but, many of us were here when the thread asking for this to be changed was put up and Sega complied to the fanbase's request...

This will hopefully be about the only time I bring this up and I know I will get some flak from certain individuals... but really though, i'm not someone wanting more censorship in the title.... but I believe in pragmatism and that sometimes there are things that must be done or which a company would want to do to release a title outside of Japan. I'm not gonna lose some sleep or stop playing cause the game's censored or Sega complies and undoes the censorship and i'm not gonna give flak to the people arguing against this in a reasonable manner... but some of the things said here are downright ridiculous... blaming SJWs? LGB+T community? Devs being Oppressed? Grow up! If you have that many issues with how this game's localization is handled then I have no idea how you get through the millions of localized games done in similar manners.

Sorry for those that may take this the wrong way, a lot of these things I considered keeping to myself but... its just getting frustrating the kinds of people i'm seeing in threads like these.

^ LOL that's the funniest thing of the day, really.

Some people really believe that changes are being made for the good of those communities. But when they are done, the other side is sacrificed, and they are not respected when they ask that changes not be made.

The fault lies solely with the devs. This is a non-argument.

So lets go over some things... "Censorship" is the following:

• (Potentially) the Height slider.
  • Removed Bath Scenes
  • Scenes of Al and Hitsugi naked have clothes given.
  • A couple of (default, not ones unlocked later) innerwear.
  • (Potentially) the Height slider. They sacrifice all short people. They sacrifice all people who just want loli characters (which does not mean minors). So they have sacrificed a large chunk of this game's fanbase.

• Removed Bath Scenes. Ok, there are many people who play games only for these scenes. They exist. So, another sacrifice.

• Scenes of Al and Hitsugi naked have clothes given. Same of situation of the bath scene here, some people loves these things.

• A couple of (default, not ones unlocked later) innerwear. Same. People like these things.

What happens in the end? Nothing special, only that SEGA has lost a large part of players who prefer to stay on the JP version. Many new users after hearing about the censorship, have chosen not to play the Global version and some of them have installed the JP version.

Stupidity lies only in people arguing in vain and writing things that don't make any sense for the purpose of a protest.

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

In the case of PSO2, the Arks-Layer version is not fully translated, many parts have been left out, and there is no consistency, plus the English font is really ugly.

Last time I checked, we had 87%? of the game translated, though that number has likely gone up significantly since we have people doing all the clothing/outerwear/basewear/innerwear translations (and not generic ones, the real ones). You'd be hard pressed to find anything of importance not translated, and we care a lot about consistency and check these things constantly.

That being said, we are only human and will make mistakes. If you see any consistency issues or see something important not translated, report it so we can fix it via our Discord (link in my signature).

This is a screenshot from our #translation-changelog room:

a87e1eac-84a2-4cba-a92a-3260fd5cc89b-image.png

@Silvalance If you read closely i'm not speaking out against people complaining about any of those issues, I was literally just going over what these discussions should be about (as well as sharing my general overview). You guys can continue asking Sega to change those things and if they do, good on ya! I was mainly putting my foot down on the things in the SECOND set of bullet points.

Videogames on the west are like:

Blue haired girl: It represents all the various particular communities with absurd requests. The other two guys: The vast majority of the players, 99.9%.

Videogame companies: Hey, blue girl, you are right, don't worry, we've changed the game.

EevyCzaWsAQA3LH.jpg EevkEXpWkAAuVdx.jpg

Outrage culture.

@Leonkh99 It's not the end of the world nor are those issues going to get me to quit but there's nothing wrong with calling out bullshit when I see it.

I absolutely hate when companies make changes in their game that are for political reasons, intended to address social issues or to appease a minority group. It's a video game all of which are fictional unless otherwise specified. It's ridiculous changes like this are even being made to begin with.

@Zenny , I think that perhaps in my anger I might have made it seem like im calling everyone here out or calling out the fact that we are 'complaining' to begin with... i'm not and i'm sorry if thats how it came out. Ultimately my messages were directed at certain individuals who were making some claims I felt were outright ridiculous and who've previously thrown in some other issues as part of the game's censorship as opposed to just a general change... cause thats all the last two bullet points really come across as.

@Leonkh99 On your second set of bullet points; I included the doors to try to encompass as many examples of censorship as I could. It also is an example of a pointless change and can help show the slippery slope nature of censorship.

While I don't mind the name change of slave weapons too much, I can't help but wonder how they will handle the flavor text, assuming that they'll implement the flavor text.

@Archetype-Luna , even so all other issues aside is the doors really something to make a big fuzz about? In an ideal world were all the censored content EXCEPT the doors were restored would we be making as big a deal?

@Leonkh99 Probably not, as it is something most can live with. However, I believe it is important to emphasize the slippery slope nature of censorship. It is a huge argument against it. If censorship was not a slippery slope, I probably wouldn't have mentioned the doors, but it is. So I feel it is important to log as many instances of censorship as we can find, regardless of how minor.

I personally held off on the censorship debate until the cutscene removal; I was waiting to see if it would start becoming that slippery slope, and I feel that it did with the cutscene removal from the height and door censorship.

Fair enough @Archetype-Luna and im not calling out the fact that you documented that at all just... how certain people were reacting to that one. Not sure if you saw before but things were getting a bit ridiculous with the previous person who brought up the issue.

@Leonkh99 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

• Slave Weapons to Raven Weapons... i'll cool my temper on this one but, many of us were here when the thread asking for this to be changed was put up and Sega complied to the fanbase's request...

And that's where you're wrong, which fanbase are you talking about? Those were literally 2 or 3 indignant people, they didn't represent the fanbase. The fanbase is the one that now has some difficulty remembering that now Raven = Slave. SEGA has made a mess. How can such a request really lead to a game change? Why are the real fanbases calling for the original untouched content are not being heard instead?

User A requests that X be changed.

SEGA accepts the request.

User B asks that X not be changed.

SEGA ignores the request.

Don't you think that's a bit of a pretty anti-consumer behavior?

From my point of view, censoring on demand is even worse than censoring based on policies. And in this case, SEGA is censoring based on literally everything.

I could ask SEGA to censor all the faces of the female characters, because I'm Islamic and I think it needs to be done. But I'll never ask, because it doesn't make sense in a videogame.

But do you realize that this is all absurd?

Censorship is getting out of hand, totally.

P.S.: Oh SEGA, please ignore my request, I was kidding, I hope that in the next update you will not really censor all girls faces by wearing a burqa by default....

@Leonkh99 I am in complete agreement that how we handle this matter has a direct bearing on what kind of response we deserve.

My personal grievance with the changes are the lack of transparency, and the consequent lack of sense on some of them, that I would be happy to enumerate if asked to. I feel the changes could have been handled better.

@Archetype-Luna I agree than unsolicited and undocumented edits that go unchallenged by the community only encourage more because the desired effect of avoiding negative sentiment seems to be achieved. I believe that we want the choice to censor to be a hard one and not a default go to. Will an alteration upset more players than the original content vs could be iffy, better change it.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny We ask for an explanation and get silence. Someone asks for a change that requires programmer effort, and gets results. Perhaps we should be arguing that it is offensive to removes scenes that westerners might not like or understand because that would be whitewashing Japaneses culture.

sigh So, apologies to many who believe I might be acting a bit harsh here, but these issues are getting out of hand...

I believe there are many individuals here who need to friggin grow up and a few who need to rethink their life choices. I'm not a Pro-Censorship person coming here to 'rain on your parade' simply cause we are discussing censorship so make no mistake on that part... however I feel some of the attitudes expressed by people here are not exactly gonna be helping our case and if anything make those trying to argue for or against the 'changes' made to the game look like complete idiots. You all know who you are, I shouldn't have to mention names.

Just want to point out the irony in this statement and say that almost all of the forum bans that have happened because of this issue have been against people who are pro-censorship. In actuality its the people who are for the censorship that cant keep themselves under control because they cant accept that they are the vocal minority in this case.

Most anti censorship posters here have been very calm and collected with their posts, even with pro-censorship posters coming in and shouting at them to be banned and calling them the P-Word the anti side has for the most part remained well reserved in maintaining their argument and I personally believe that bothers the pro-censorship posters to the highest degree.

But I digress, I just sit back and watch these days, rarely post myself, I'll leave it to the GM's and let the forum bans speak for themselves. Still cheering for you anti-censorship guys though. Good luck.

@Zizel If you then think that most of the anti-censorship people who play PSO2 don't even write on this forum.... In the end we who fight this battle here are a small minority. Just look at what they write on social networks about the PSO2 censorship. If all of them wrote here, the forum would probably explode XD

I've checked the "Censoring Gaming" video about the PSO2 censorship, they've reached 41.662 views, 2.000 like and only 50 dislike, with 1.047 comments. The impressive thing is the 2000 vs 50. An even bigger gap than the polls that have been made on this forum.

I know, a lot of them don't even play PSO2 and they are just there to go against censorship in general, but in the end it doesn't change the fact that there are so many of us who want the unnecessary censorship removed. SEGA cannot continue to ignore, but maybe they are busy for the Tokyo Game Show.