Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Archetype-Luna You are absolutely right, I apologize if I tried to start this speech. I'm starting to get a little scared now. I'll try not to talk about them anymore.

About Steam, well, yeah, in fact there even for other games the forum is useless

@Michelle It's been what I have been saying since like the dawn of time. But people probably block me and ignore me because I'm the annoying one (and I admit I can sometimes be annoying so sorry about that, folks). Guess people see me as a hippie or something because I'm almost always trying to de-escalate things and offer peaceful discussion. But really, in this world, the way everyone is suffering through increasing tensions because of the health crisis on top of whatever is happening on their respective countries, I still believe that the best temporary escape is to have peaceful talks, about anything. We talk here about censors and such, but if you feel the tension coming because of this, you can talk about something else. Maybe chat about your in game builds, or art or funny screenshots.

I mean, even though I myself suffer from the tensions of this world, we all need to try and discuss things calmly, without resorting to attacks. After all, as soon as you leave your computer and go back to the real world, the attacks from "life" will resume.

I want to say I whole heartedly agree with the OP. As much as I came to love this game the fact is that with all the censorship, catering to crybaby politics, and general lack of fun to play content, I think I'm just going to move on from this game and any future games produced by Sega. Games are supposed to be fun, not stressful or boring.

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I want to say I whole heartedly agree with the OP. As much as I came to love this game the fact is that with all the censorship, catering to crybaby politics, and general lack of fun to play content, I think I'm just going to move on from this game and any future games produced by Sega. Games are supposed to be fun, not stressful or boring.

"Games are supposed to be fun, not stressful or boring."

this could not possibly be more true and is a truth game devs/pubs have very much lost over time in their lust for money.

@treos100 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

"Games are supposed to be fun, not stressful or boring."

this could not possibly be more true and is a truth game devs/pubs have very much lost over time in their lust for money.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr download.jpg

This situation is so silly its unnerving. Add back the bath cutscenes and stick to your promise SEGA. Don't worry SEGA, im a big boy now. I can handle a bath scene.

The fact that they removed the gender barricades in the hot springs alliance base shows you exactly what sort of degenerate people are in charge of the censorship.

Name calling doesn't make your argument any more credible.

@Not-A-Bear said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The fact that they removed the gender barricades in the hot springs alliance base shows you exactly what sort of degenerate people are in charge of the censorship.

That thing is absolutely incredible and literally no one would have noticed it, so censoring it is absolutely deplorable and was done with the intent of preventing the LGBT community from having a hard time. And I'm sure no one in that community would have complained about that detail either. So SEGA is just stupid. Allow me this term.

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Not-A-Bear said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

That thing is absolutely incredible and literally no one would have noticed it, so censoring it is absolutely deplorable and was done with the intent of preventing the LGBT community from having a hard time. And I'm sure no one in that community would have complained about that detail either. So SEGA is just stupid. Allow me this term.

more than likely it's specifically the T who would've had a hard time.

ugh...i wish we could one day stop saying LGBT and keep LGB and T separate like we should as well as stop referring to such people as a community.

lgb and t are 2 completely different things and it's not all one big community.

@treos100 But looks like the T community is strong enough that had convinced CD Projekt to censor Cyberpunk 2077. And CD Projekt is in Europe, not in California. https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-art-criticized-as-transphobic-is-meant-to-reflect-corporate-exploitation-says-the-artist/

We gamers are literally subdued by these various communities and organizations that decide the rules for us.

Take a look at this forum, there are 4-5 SJWs who literally manage to dominate all gamers with their arguments.

Artists are oppressed. Developers are oppressed. Gamers are oppressed.

We also have a user with the nickname "Gamers are so oppressed" who literally trolls all the time.

I mean, guys, I'm about to give up. I think I will never support localized games or western games in general again. I will only purchase Japanese games from Japan. I know the language so I have no problem.

In the case of PSO2, the Arks-Layer version is not fully translated, many parts have been left out, and there is no consistency, plus the English font is really ugly.

My team/alliance on PSO2 JP never intended to try the Global version, they even warned me that there is a censorship minefield here...

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@treos100 But looks like the T community is strong enough that had convinced CD Projekt to censor Cyberpunk 2077. And CD Projekt is in Europe, not in California. https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-art-criticized-as-transphobic-is-meant-to-reflect-corporate-exploitation-says-the-artist/

We gamers are literally subdued by these various communities and organizations that decide the rules for us.

Take a look at this forum, there are 4-5 SJWs who literally manage to dominate all gamers with their arguments.

Artists are oppressed. Developers are oppressed. Gamers are oppressed.

We also have a user with the nickname "Gamers are so oppressed" who literally trolls all the time.

I mean, guys, I'm about to give up. I think I will never support localized games or western games in general again. I will only purchase Japanese games from Japan. I know the language so I have no problem.

In the case of PSO2, the Arks-Layer version is not fully translated, many parts have been left out, and there is no consistency, plus the English font is really ugly.

My team/alliance on PSO2 JP never intended to try the Global version, they even warned me that there is a censorship minefield here...

yep, F this, i'm done here. i have craftopia and other games i can play.

"We gamers are literally subdued by these various communities and organizations that decide the rules for us."

yeah, i'm an lgb person (gay)...neither i nor any of my friends (many of which are also lgb) like or approve of this either.

"I think I will never support localized games or western games in general again. I will only purchase Japanese games from Japan."

i. have. HAD IT. with your refusal to STOP generalizing. you think ALL western people are the same, REFUSE to be more specific, and ONLY generalize.

westerners: "everyone outside of japan"

i am sick and tired of this bullshit across TWO forums! i'm done with this. i've got other things to do and worry about. i have better GAMES to play and MMOs with more than...40-some odd hours of content i can play. (a single star ocean console game has more content to it and lasts longer!)

i've spent over a month now dealing with this shit. it was NOT worth the effort in the slightest, got me temp banned twice on steam, and the people causing trouble there followed over here only to continue their crusade.

enough is enough! it is not worth it for me to keep participating in this BS anymore. largely because all it ever does is piss me off.

PLUS, as i pointed out earlier in another thread, sega has effectively dug this games grave by changing this niche game to appeal to a wider audience which only ever leads to the death of niche video games as it alienates the core audience while leaving no new players wanting to play it after they've learned of the changes. so...goodbye, trash fire!

@treos100 I love japanese games, what are you talking about? So why I have to support japanese "localized" games? I'm tired with this BS, Culturization etc etc. Plus, some western games like Cyberpunk2077 are censored too, same situation in Japan.
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-japan-censored/

So, why I have to support this BS???????? 🙅 🙅 🙅 😾 😾 😾 😾 😾 🙀

@Michelle He/she doesn't like that you make it seem like everyone in a particular community is the problem. Point is there are people with varying opinions in every community. One example is in relation to the "slave" name change. A black friend of mine has no issue with the original name but there's obviously people out there who do. Not all black people come off as crazy and nitpick like this, just like not all LGBT people were advocating for CD Project red to change/censor Cyberpunk.

I'm not a fan of westernization either but have learned to deal with it. I mean what choice do you have? At least not all companies are the same and there have been multiple instances where games have been brought over without being altered outside translation. All you can do is drop your feedback off, continue pushing for change and just hope something happens. Sometimes it does.

sigh So, apologies to many who believe I might be acting a bit harsh here, but these issues are getting out of hand...

I believe there are many individuals here who need to friggin grow up and a few who need to rethink their life choices. I'm not a Pro-Censorship person coming here to 'rain on your parade' simply cause we are discussing censorship so make no mistake on that part... however I feel some of the attitudes expressed by people here are not exactly gonna be helping our case and if anything make those trying to argue for or against the 'changes' made to the game look like complete idiots. You all know who you are, I shouldn't have to mention names.

So lets go over some things... "Censorship" is the following:

• (Potentially) the Height slider.
  • Removed Bath Scenes
  • Scenes of Al and Hitsugi naked have clothes given.
  • A couple of (default, not ones unlocked later) innerwear.

Now aside from a couple of these... many aren't really a deal breaker ("Oh no, a young child and teen girl are given clothes, whatever will I do?" --> <Goes back to enjoying literally EVERYTHING ELSE the game has to offer>) but aside from the small quip in brackets if thats such a big deal that its worth quitting the game over... i'm not here to judge as silly as that sounds to me. That said i'm putting my foot down on the following issues:

• Removed Gendered Barriers: Cause oh no their removal removes.... practically nothing, why the HELL ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT THIS?
  • Harukotan's two regions: Cause while the current terms are not as 'blunt' as the Japanese version's "Black Area", "White Area" and people from both areas being "Black People" and "White People", both the Fan Translation's term (Kuronia, Shironia) and the Official Translation's terms (Nightfall, Daybreak) carry the original meaning... its literally a planet with a "Light" and "Darkness" theme!!
  • Slave Weapons to Raven Weapons... i'll cool my temper on this one but, many of us were here when the thread asking for this to be changed was put up and Sega complied to the fanbase's request...

This will hopefully be about the only time I bring this up and I know I will get some flak from certain individuals... but really though, i'm not someone wanting more censorship in the title.... but I believe in pragmatism and that sometimes there are things that must be done or which a company would want to do to release a title outside of Japan. I'm not gonna lose some sleep or stop playing cause the game's censored or Sega complies and undoes the censorship and i'm not gonna give flak to the people arguing against this in a reasonable manner... but some of the things said here are downright ridiculous... blaming SJWs? LGB+T community? Devs being Oppressed? Grow up! If you have that many issues with how this game's localization is handled then I have no idea how you get through the millions of localized games done in similar manners.

Sorry for those that may take this the wrong way, a lot of these things I considered keeping to myself but... its just getting frustrating the kinds of people i'm seeing in threads like these.