Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Archetype-Luna Finally a youtuber has dedicated a video about the PSO2 censorship, it would be appropriate to share it as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI01Cg6IbL8

@Michelle good point...hundrets of ppl show in there how unhappy they are with the censorship...pretty sure if we had an in game poll about it we would see a large majority of votes going in favor of the removal of censorship...but still after months we did not even get one single reply on why it has a censorship at all? i mean if they dont want to change it please let players know that you wont and why exactly you choose not to

@Michelle I've added the video to the opening post. If you or anyone else have anything else they would like for me to add, please do tell me.

Since the threads keep on getting closed, just posting that I agree with removing the height restrictions.

I feel that I'm getting punished for playing "younger" characters even though I do not dress them up in a lewd way. I even make sure to wear in universe outfits to make sure my character matches with game aesthetics. (Little prim silver when?)

@Moei said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Since the threads keep on getting closed, just posting that I agree with removing the height restrictions.

I feel that I'm getting punished for playing "younger" characters even though I do not dress them up in a lewd way. I even make sure to wear in universe outfits to make sure my character matches with game aesthetics. (Little prim silver when?)

Gotta +1 for the Miko Suika avatar..

My character isn't even min height as is- I have 10 presets for fashion and all of them increase the min height anyway- even if I was minimum character-wise. So I stay around 160. But because of the nonsensical censorship- I have concerns that we'll ever get the humanoid mini-suits. And I want reasons to settle my concerns. It's not that those mini-suits are lewd in any way, but then again.. neither is being short.. which is exactly what the mini-suits do and exactly the type of censorship that was added to the game at launch.

I'm just not spending money on a game that isn't transparent at the content it removes in the present or the future. You never know when your fashion idea is going to come up short because one accessory you wanted for it was deemed not acceptable by someone and conveniently missing out of scratches like some already have been. Considering they cut the scenes completely out of Ep4- the chances of us getting the Wet Bath Towel outfit for instance is very unlikely... but still more likely than the school swimsuits/ backpack and humanoid mini-suits since the stance Sega is taking seems to not be against nudity- just short or young appearing characters. Except for Auxiliaries- those are apparently still okay. For an M rated game like this that everyone knows what they're getting into by the time they start installing it- a choice to view Ep4 cutscenes would be more than okay.. It's instantly apparent that the whole bath segment is a type of filler- but it also still adds flavor to MClusters personalities when not in battlemode. Not even giving us the chance to view it knowing this and not acknowledging it was taken out just seems in bad faith. And the height of hypocrisy if their outfits show up later in the game.

Quite a few people banned in this topic lol. Glad to see at least the forum mods are finally taking action and removing people from these forums that are coming to these topics and calling everyone the P-Word.

The reason why it was dubbed is because the voice actors are given a script with little context to the scene. So SEGA did probably think about releasing it but they were stopped by either the ratings or someone else that gave it a no-go. They(Voice Actors) rarely see the scenes unless they need visual pointers, or must have a specific, clear idea of how they're supposed to say a line. This is a re-occurring thing in many MMORPGs and VGM industry. I hope that clarifies some aspect of why it's there but not released.

As of people being banned, I doubt it's because of the word. They most likely did something else that warranted the bans.

As of the height restriction. I personally have issues how people are handling the censorship. It seems like everyone(including myself in the past) has completely missed the point of why it became a thing. It was never about morality or developers thinking about players creating children(this case, lolicon) but because having shorter characters does affect gameplay if you're into exploiting hitboxes. The reason why people want the mini suit is because your player hitbox does get smaller, enabling you to dodge pretty fatal attacks without even moving. This is present in JPN and it is present in NA. There's an obscure tactic most notably seen in Elder and Magatsu is just letting a short character literally stand under Elder/Magatsu in very specific conditions and your character would not even be affected.

But that brings the question, why have minis if there are height reductions? That makes the height restriction a puzzling matter. If it was to make character hitboxes equal, then why not just size up the box for both without changing the height? Can Oxygen's limitations even handle that?

@Hecyna If it was a gameplay reason like that, I feel like it would have been addressed in JP. Plus hitboxes like that can be adjusted without adjusting the height. They don't have to change the minimum height to change the hitbox. As far as I know the only aspect of height that really affects gameplay is its interaction with the Deadly Archer PA, where the height affects how far it travels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-soCST-ttME

The censorship on Episode 4 went way overboard, I really wish it could be undone. It would make the game better.

The removed scenes are over20 minutes of story, which is completely unreasonable. Besides, the first scene with Al makes little sense since they had to rewrite all the dialogues to fit the situation of Al being naked. Neither of the cut scenes had a significant sexual tone, most of them were comedy.

The game is already rated M, there are lots of scandalous outfits, a comedy bath scene is not supposed to be a big deal. Why have the trouble to cut it, specially when the game is so rushed it couldn't even have flavor text?

As for the height restriction, I've chosen to believe that it was done for technical or balancing reasons. Restricting the height of characters as a censorship measure is too silly to be considered a possibility.

@SylvaticFob3 If it was a technical or balancing reason, wouldn't height have been done on JP as well? The censorship reasoning is more likely when you consider that it wouldn't make too much sense to only have a balancing or technical fix only on the global servers.

@Hecyna @SylvaticFob3 Won't character suits like Morgana, mini Rappy and nyau fall into the "short" category? You can get a Nyau suit to around 144 if I remember. Morgana and mini rappy cannot be shape edited, yet they are much smaller, almost as small as the average auxiliary. So unless these suits are banned in content where hit boxes may be central (pvp), the current height restriction shouldn't have any problem either. Or, am I missing something else here?

@ZorokiHanuke Hit boxes are definitely not affected by height, as I've played against a player in a Rappy suit, and the end result, it looked, and played no different than hitting a player of average height.

@Anarchy-Marine You are correct, the hitboxes are not changed BUT the frames on actions are faster on smaller characters to compensate the animations.

@SleeprunnerInc So basically, you could increase DPS. Did I understand that right? Or is it just animations, not actual time between animation, and recorded attack.?