Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

Are you guys happy about the toggle symbol art system? I am going to read back and see what’s going on in this thread and what the topic is about to date.

Has any of your stance on censorship changed any sense the recent changes to control?

I think I am going to spend some time over here...

@TheLamp5 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Archetype-Luna yeah, there was resentment building up overtime alright, tho the people who just wanted communication from mihoyo are the ones who are truly the best passionate out of the community.

Tho it didn't help that there were trolls that are review bombing other games, the other people who just only cared for the Rewards themselves, white knights, the chinese community which harassed kokomi's chinese va for the character being bad (Tho you can say it probably or is a separate issue from the anniversary.), and....of course the genshin impact team being a tone deaf bard with communication in the first place.

tho even then it's better to have a passionate community that cares for the game then one that acts like the game is the best free to play game in in the whole world and it shouldn't be criticized like warframe's community ......

Part of me feels like there was some corporate espionage going on during that. Other Chinese companies coughtencentcough were likely taking that chance to do some damage. When Genshin came out, it was a black mark on Chinese internet to praise, like, or really say anything positive about Genshin for a while; there were some streamers who were harassed non-stop. All because Tencent was able to spin the media against Genshin. Best part, this was apparently in retaliation to Mihoyo saying no to their offer of buying the company.

@Rain-Gnyu My stance hasn't changed because ultimately, censorship is the first step. What I truly want is for Global to get fair and equal treatment with JP. This is impossible as long as differences like censorship exists as for there to be true parity, JP and Global shouldn't be separate servers.

They added the word stupid to the censored words list in-game. Why??? Really the word stupid? That's just uh... well stupid.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@TheLamp5 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Archetype-Luna yeah, there was resentment building up overtime alright, tho the people who just wanted communication from mihoyo are the ones who are truly the best passionate out of the community.

Tho it didn't help that there were trolls that are review bombing other games, the other people who just only cared for the Rewards themselves, white knights, the chinese community which harassed kokomi's chinese va for the character being bad (Tho you can say it probably or is a separate issue from the anniversary.), and....of course the genshin impact team being a tone deaf bard with communication in the first place.

tho even then it's better to have a passionate community that cares for the game then one that acts like the game is the best free to play game in in the whole world and it shouldn't be criticized like warframe's community ......

Part of me feels like there was some corporate espionage going on during that. Other Chinese companies coughtencentcough were likely taking that chance to do some damage. When Genshin came out, it was a black mark on Chinese internet to praise, like, or really say anything positive about Genshin for a while; there were some streamers who were harassed non-stop. All because Tencent was able to spin the media against Genshin. Best part, this was apparently in retaliation to Mihoyo saying no to their offer of buying the company.

While it's true of what you said, there's also a video that's talks about the Chinese genshin impact community's toxicity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zx_NUvVUM

edit: and now the EN genshin impact community has flamed a bad Elon Musk joke and also took it's seriously... okay at least FF14's community didn't have to deal with this shit.

@TheLamp5 Well FFXIV's devs take criticism and feedback in stride and offer a huge level of communication and transparency.

Genshin probably doesn't fully understand their English community. Also, I know full well how toxic Chinese internet is. I was a tatsunoko and managed to hit the 1 year mark before Kiryu Coco graduated. I stuck with her throughout all the harassment she suffered from the anti's. They literally made her cry on stream and kept at it. On the Genshin side, someone broke into Mihoyo's HQ over the Honkai Impact Global anniversary and tried to assassinate the CEO. You have to thread things very carefully in China.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@TheLamp5 Well FFXIV's devs take criticism and feedback in stride and offer a huge level of communication and transparency.

Genshin probably doesn't fully understand their English community. Also, I know full well how toxic Chinese internet is. I was a tatsunoko and managed to hit the 1 year mark before Kiryu Coco graduated. I stuck with her throughout all the harassment she suffered from the anti's. They literally made her cry on stream and kept at it. On the Genshin side, someone broke into Mihoyo's HQ over the Honkai Impact Global anniversary and tried to assassinate the CEO. You have to thread things very carefully in China.

Even then I just find it funny and weird that Genshin catchs on fire every other day/week because of something.

Eh I just hope things don't get even worse then it is.

p.s. that assassination attempt on the CEO was from the Chinese Honkai community not from Chinese Genshin community.

I Thought this was funny! https://youtu.be/3_BPEe6z_ks

@Rain-Gnyu e21129c9-d835-4901-9d5c-d92416ef00f2-image.png

BEGONE TROLLISH RAIN! that video doesn't have anything to do with the conversation with me and Luna!

@TheLamp5 There's overlap as Honkai and Genshin are both made by Mihoyo. It is also an example of the zealous nature of the Chinese internet. Essentially, it is a minefield and if you step on a landmine, it is not going to be pretty. Coco and Ai Kayano are victims of this. Hololive still can't stream any chinese developed game due to this as well. The isolated nature of the chinese internet is likely a factor in this as well; as the degree of control the CCP means there is a lack of debate and opposing views, so when something offends them, it really triggers them.

The beauty in the internet is the clashing and intermixing of various cultures. When things are isolated, they can become stagnant and stale. Hence why I disagree with how JP is kept isolated from Global and anything that is an obstacle towards a unified service.

@Rain-Gnyu e21129c9-d835-4901-9d5c-d92416ef00f2-image.png

BEGONE TROLLISH RAIN! that video doesn't have anything to do with the conversation with me and Luna!

No? Your sure, I am so confused. I thought I was helping with the conversation. This is not a community type suggestion thread? Doesn’t that video reflect both the phantasy and IRL mentality?

@Archetype-Luna heck Chinese internet is just like the maddness community except without sending the poo pics involved.

tho It just I find interesting that how SEGA is being hard headed about.....well what they did during the time with Global.

@Riesz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

They added the word stupid to the censored words list in-game. Why??? Really the word stupid? That's just uh... well stupid.

How is the PSO2 censor list worse than freaking Roblox's?? That's so insane.

There is a certain group that infiltrate every IP they can that need to be thrown out on their asses everywhere.

@The-Merfox Simple, their refusal to communicate lead to an overall failure of understanding the English community, to the point where they don't even know what words to filter anymore because they are not sure what is truly offensive. They have been so focused on the JP side of things, they don't know how to properly manage global.

Genshin Impact's problem is that it's still based in China where the "Republic of the People" is a giant outrage mob.

They're doomed no matter what they do, because of recent maneuvers towards controlling the video game industry in China.

Here is a link to a 3 hour video of an investor (legal term here) in a company telling how toxic the "woke" staff can be.

TLDR: Vet your employees stealthily through commissions. If clout and ideology is more important than money, then they will cost you money.

There is a thread stating that [/la stroke] is censored due to [stroke] being censored.

Here was my response:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Emote Pet not working!:

Great job sabotaging a partner, Microsoft. Time for SEGA to remove your big boy boots if it really is you pulling the censorship strings.

Bravo, really. Some adjustments are far too dumb for me to put into words how royally that messed up the game's functions.

Now Global is going to have to explain to JP why there needs to be a code revision for both versions of the game's emote system....

While JP and Global are still in a "cooling off" period of this community/staff relationship. I hope the censorship team enjoys being contractors.

alt text

So yeah, congrats to the censorship team for winning the ill-gotten prize of "Speedrun to the Fire List."

This can only continue on for so long before the Japanese investors take control of the Global investors.

Reminder to the shareholders: Screenshot_45.jpg

Screenshot_46.jpg

There are limits where the "cooling off" period will become "We're not a thing anymore. We're breaking up."

And there has been so many players already spamming "I left for FFXIV."

Admit it, PSO2/PSO2NGS is now back to a Teen rated game again.