Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Dragon-Cloud Well the later bath scenes do add a bit of character development, and they are likely to be removed for the same reasons as the first, especially when they reference the first. Plus, censorship generally brings more censorship. The removal of the cutscene sets a precedent to remove things that may attract cancel culture ire. My want to remove the censorship is to essentially nip the issue in the bud.

This post is deleted!

@Dragon-Cloud I mean all they needed to do was add swimtrunks to Aru and change Kohri's lines a bit and it would have been better.

@EternalChronicles Unfortunately they are already at a risk of a lawsuit for false advertisement and the more people that spend money on the product and then find out the game was changed and content had been removed or modified WITHOUT notification (Note: They have not notified anyone and the Roadmap advertises it as ALL THE CONTENT AS THE ORIGINAL WAS. Which the cutscenes belong to.) So yeah.

@Dragon-Cloud said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Ep 4 story was a mistake, a really big mistake, its not even pso style to begin with and really out of the picture

I dont mind the stupid bath scene dissapear, because it doesnt add or give anything, its not even funny

Episode 4 was my favorite episode of all time. I love reverse isekai.

Not only that, one of the later bath scenes is a prerequisite to unlock the Bonus Boss of that chapter...

Not sure if SoJ thinks that the west is too "immature" to handle those scenes or what. And damn...

And still, the bath scenes aren't even on the nude, they are on towels! We have the Captive Records (Ep3 Xion's "outfit") and nobody gave a flak.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Dragon-Cloud I mean all they needed to do was add swimtrunks to Aru and change Kohri's lines a bit and it would have been better.

@EternalChronicles Unfortunately they are already at a risk of a lawsuit for false advertisement and the more people that spend money on the product and then find out the game was changed and content had been removed or modified WITHOUT notification (Note: They have not notified anyone and the Roadmap advertises it as ALL THE CONTENT AS THE ORIGINAL WAS. Which the cutscenes belong to.) So yeah.

Sad thing though is a class action wont survive in court as most of the videogame cases are thrown out. Only real one i see make any waves was Doom

@EternalChronicles I would like to remind you, again, that it is against Suggestion forum rules to say that a suggestion is pointless.

Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/581/please-read-this-before-posting-replying-in-this-section

Also, I already addressed the legality of the content in the OP. They are highly unlikely to risk any lawsuits.

It is also not like we never seen unexpected changes. There had been plenty of feedback on the duration of the SG Scratch and how it does not give enough time to farm SG and they recently seemed to have extended its duration to January.

So the removal of censorship is not impossible. There is always a chance as long as you try. Defeatism never accomplished anything.

This post is deleted!

@EternalChronicles said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Dragon-Cloud Well the later bath scenes do add a bit of character development, and they are likely to be removed for the same reasons as the first, especially when they reference the first. Plus, censorship generally brings more censorship. The removal of the cutscene sets a precedent to remove things that may attract cancel culture ire. My want to remove the censorship is to essentially nip the issue in the bud.

Which again is meaningless given they will most likely not change the situation. No matter how hard you kick cry murder on the issue, they are going to appeal more toward censorship to make sure they are not liable for lawsuits. I keep telling everyone they wont remove it because its too big of a risk

Is it though? Companies have flipped on censorship before. May be unlikely but no hurt in trying.

Also what lawsuits would they even be liable for? There's no risk with the current content and rating. If Aion can get away with midget half naked characters with a T rating then PSO2 can get away with it with a M17+ rating. The scenes in question also do not pose any risk.

i agree with the whole thread - the game is USK 16 in germany and has equal ratings in other countries with that being said its enough reason to remove any kinds of censorship in this game - heck this game could be USK 12 and still not need any censorship at all

for example FFXIV is USK 12 and shows more "weird stuff" than PSO2 will ever do...there are USK 16 games wich show rough blood + violence wich makes PSO2 censorship an out of season aprils fool

with that said i would also like to remind that this is the suggestion forum with its own rules not general discussions

7d63aa16-2ac4-4689-bf3a-6e4ea48e9ca5-image.png

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Again, not tagging anyone here because I want this comment to be viewed as a choice and it's also a general comment aimed at more than one person. There were some pro-censors who posted their opinion and they are respected for that (at least by me and a few others). I have also posted my opinions on what should have been censored, even knowing it was a futile struggle. Still I posted it well knowing that.

But there are a few who have gone beyond that and also want the anti-censors to stop talking. To the few pro-censors wanting others to shut up. Why the rhetoric has become "Shut up and get canceled because I don't want you to speak of this ever again" instead of "I disagree because I don't like it and my morals dictate it's bad"? Or if battling the censor is worthless, why is it then so important to keep telling them to shut up instead of resting sure it's so worthless it doesn't deserve attention?

We all know the reason why you want the censor to stay. You don't want to see sexualized children in video games. Many of us understand it even though some may not say it directly. But why is it also so important for the anti-censors to get forced to shut up as well? Where has the term "Agree to disagree" gone?

I say, it shouldn't matter if they talk or not. Let them talk. They won't damage you. This thread won't kill you if you stop seeing and reading it if that's your ultimate desire. The fate of the censor is in the hands of the devs and not on the anti-censors. I feel you are in a stronger ground if you oppose the anti censor itself rather than opposing the people behind it. So can we go back to that? Can we go back to "I disagree" and leave out the "Shut up"?

Anyway. I'm not telling you to shut up. I'm just letting you know two things. One. The anti-censors will never shut up about this because you are not their boss nor their king. And two, as I just said, it's not up to them to add or remove censors. They can only make noise about it. In the end, monetization schemes trump any direction the censors may take. So if that isn't affected by the current censors, they will most likely stay for the time being. if they get tuned down in the future, hope you were already bored of the game and moving on somewhere else if you hated the uncensored content so much.

Still, anyway, it's simply not nice to tell people to shut up and to not express their opinion, even if it's a dead horse thing, for whatever reason.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Again, not tagging anyone here because I want this comment to be viewed as a choice and it's also a general comment aimed at more than one person. There were some pro-censors who posted their opinion and they are respected for that (at least by me and a few others). I have also posted my opinions on what should have been censored, even knowing it was a futile struggle. Still I posted it well knowing that.

But there are a few who have gone beyond that and also want the anti-censors to stop talking. To the few pro-censors wanting others to shut up. Why the rhetoric has become "Shut up and get canceled because I don't want you to speak of this ever again" instead of "I disagree because I don't like it and my morals dictate it's bad"? Or if battling the censor is worthless, why is it then so important to keep telling them to shut up instead of resting sure it's so worthless it doesn't deserve attention?

We all know the reason why you want the censor to stay. You don't want to see sexualized children in video games. Many of us understand it even though some may not say it directly. But why is it also so important for the anti-censors to get forced to shut up as well? Where has the term "Agree to disagree" gone?

I say, it shouldn't matter if they talk or not. Let them talk. They won't damage you. This thread won't kill you if you stop seeing and reading it if that's your ultimate desire. The fate of the censor is in the hands of the devs and not on the anti-censors. I feel you are in a stronger ground if you oppose the anti censor itself rather than opposing the people behind it. So can we go back to that? Can we go back to "I disagree" and leave out the "Shut up"?

Anyway. I'm not telling you to shut up. I'm just letting you know two things. One. The anti-censors will never shut up about this because you are not their boss nor their king. And two, as I just said, it's not up to them to add or remove censors. They can only make noise about it. In the end, monetization schemes trump any direction the censors may take. So if that isn't affected by the current censors, they will most likely stay for the time being. if they get tuned down in the future, hope you were already bored of the game and moving on somewhere else if you hated the uncensored content so much.

Still, anyway, it's simply not nice to tell people to shut up and to not express their opinion, even if it's a dead horse thing, for whatever reason.

I can only agree to what your saying if the kujo sisters back the fuck down and actually look at the perspectives.

@EternalChronicles Problem is, this isn't about shutting up people. It's about debating points. Telling people to shut up, said by the GMs themselves, has no place in this forum, even if they are wrong.