Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@MasterDarkwingz Thats why I despise that much government oversight, but I also despise the companies and greedy corporate minded buffoons that created the problems that lead to such oversight in the first place even more. They gave governments in respective countries the excuses needed to have calls for such regulations. But it is what it is.

@Anarchy-Marine I need to get one thing on record. I really do.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

No where in his or her post did he or her use the P-word. You keep shouting it for some reason......you and your group are the only one saying that P-word.

I really have to ask because I want to get this fully on the record so there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Really glad to see the height restriction still in effect in NGS. Great that Sega isnt bending the knee to child groomers and old men who fantasize about being little girls.

@RainGnyu, Yes or No, do you consider the terms "child groomers " and "old men who fantasize about being little girls" as the same as pedophiles.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz Thats why I despise that much government oversight, but I also despise the companies and greedy corporate minded buffoons that created the problems that lead to such oversight in the first place even more. They gave governments in respective countries the excuses needed to have calls for such regulations. But it is what it is.

And I get the feeling SEGA will eventually hire Epic to solve the problem for them, as Fortnite is making money in the same way as Loot Boxes.

Hopefully SEGA can make good use of the company's allies in the coming years so that we can see the regional censorship vanish alongside the Loot Box mechanics.

NGS is supposed to be the tide of a new era for every video game on the market, and I hope to see that shine through in the future.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

And I get the feeling SEGA will eventually hire Epic to solve the problem for them, as Fortnite is making money in the same way as Loot Boxes.

Hopefully SEGA can make good use of the company's allies in the coming years so that we can see the regional censorship vanish alongside the Loot Box mechanics.

NGS is supposed to be the tide of a new era for every video game on the market, and I hope to see that shine through in the future.

Not sure how I feel about Epic taking over, as image EGS will get involved and make some thing if not alot EGS exclusive stuff or what ever suit their "disruption" of Steam

Will have to wait and see.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Anarchy-Marine I need to get one thing on record. I really do.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

No where in his or her post did he or her use the P-word. You keep shouting it for some reason......you and your group are the only one saying that P-word.

I really have to ask because I want to get this fully on the record so there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Really glad to see the height restriction still in effect in NGS. Great that Sega isnt bending the knee to child groomers and old men who fantasize about being little girls.

@RainGnyu, Yes or No, do you consider the terms "child groomers " and "old men who fantasize about being little girls" as the same as pedophiles.

I don’t have a degree in that educational study.....but by the way you read you seem to think you do?

This post is deleted!

Reopening this thread as I've seen that there are still many people who wanted to talk about this topic, and still relevant for the majority of the people playing and loving the game. However, please restrain on posting something that may offend other individual. Again, please abide by the forum policy when trying to express your thoughts about the discussion.

@GM-Phantasma Thank you for reopening this thread.

The recent thread which discusses the version variations.

Some changes have appeared to have been done in favor of preventing false claims against SEGA potentially done by "rights advocates" who are more on the level of professional forum trolls who merely influence through fear mongering of defamatory claims such as "ism" or "phobia."

These changes have been TLDR'd as:

• Removal of Episode 4's fully bath-robed Fan Service scenes of cannon minors.

• The removal of a clock in Hitsugi's bedroom, the removal of her bedroom from Screenshot Studio.

• The addition of clothing to characters where the camera angle already does not present mammary glands or lower private regions.

• The name change of Black List to Block List in both Global and Japan.

• The name changes of various weapon series. (Such as Liberate and Slave.)

• The complete removal of flavor text from weapons.

• The censorship of the height slider through removal of less than 150 without any heels.

• The addition of a PSO2 Comi gag including a TLDR of needing to differentiate fiction from reality.

• The removal of a PSO2 Comi cosplay panel. (Which a professional artist can redraw into a SEGA Global copyright Sonic.)

• The removal of PSO2 Comi's Mitirashi's panty peeping scene. (Teen rated scene, btw.)

• Various other lazy removal or adjustments to PSO2 Comi that presents a rushed or unprofessional translation effort.

• Even Japan promotes "No boundaries" for the character creator.

Despite the exact same model mesh mechanics in terms of the customization sliders.

(So if that was to bankroll off of Twitter drama, it's only going to cause more attention and the same backlash regardless.)

The Anti- Censorship Removal crowd has most commonly stated the following:

• SEGA has the right to protect minors. (Followed by insults and defamation towards other forum users.)

• "Go play Japan instead." (Which is against JP ToS.)

The common refutes have been:

• Animated characters are not real minors; and renditions are protected by American law. (Where SEGA Global is based.)

• Add a Censorship Toggle option for those who do not wish to see the originally intended presentation of the Japanese developers.

• Lionbridge had employees affiliated with Funimation/Crunchyroll, and the companies there are highly political in sub or dub changes.

These political changes do not represent the culture of Japan to which the fans adore.

This translation team is generally not trusted by fans for that reason.

It also brings forth the "Fan translations are superior" sort of argument in terms of closeness to the original text.

• The "SEGA is being racist against short people" argument.

TLDR for SEGA:

American politics and the modern sexual revolution are not a chessboard for you to play on.

There is no profit prize at the end to win. There is only reputation at stake.

Don't forget there is an IP Block on JP as well, meaning additional hoops to jump through to play on JP.

Im glad this thread is back!

Don't forget that we also never got the smart innerwear which all Japanese players got by default.

Some censorship was removed, but likely due to cheap code copy and paste:

AC9F7D50-6446-432A-AB07-193AA51F41A6.jpeg

The Harriet basewear as well.

I guess the only change in NGS left to address is the height slider, and hopefully it'll come soon. Maybe the fact this topic got unlocked means there's a chance our feedback would be heard now.

I hope that the story changes for base PSO2 also get reverted, it'd be better for new players to get the full original story.