Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Lintaur said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Craig, like all of these people. Are complaining that everyone that wants the game uncensored 1:1 as possible with Japan(Non collaboration banners withstanding)are basement dwelling pedos that want to jack off to their characters.

They have a strong psychosis if they really complain about that. And unfortunately this is a mental health problem, there is nothing we can do about it, they should be treated.

@Michelle Oh no, Im not agaisnt "out of place" outfits at all. I like even some of them, I think im misunderstood here.

Its just that you made it sound "the game is only about it and we are army", when its clrearly not. Everyone should have their own goddies as lons as they pay for it.

The toggle is a really nice thing since seing people fight in bikinis might be a little too much for my taste.

@Lintaur said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Craig, like all of these people. Are complaining that everyone that wants the game uncensored 1:1 as possible with Japan

No. Bet Block 69 does tho. But you cant say a minority is a majority, or saying everyone think X because you Y; its like being the thing you despise.

@Dragon-Cloud said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Michelle Oh no, Im not agaisnt "out of place" outfits at all. I like even some of them, I think im misunderstood here.

Its just that you made it sound "the game is only about it and we are army", when its clrearly not. Everyone should have their own goddies as lons as they pay for it.

The toggle is a really nice thing since seing people fight in bikinis might be a little too much for my taste.

Craig, like all of these people. Are complaining that everyone that wants the game uncensored 1:1 as possible with Japan

No. Bet Block 69 does tho. But you cant say a minority is a majority, or saying everyone think X because you Y; its like being the thing you despise.

Uh huh, sure bro. Block 69 is the go to meme/shitpost block and if you're taking anything there seriously... ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Might want to get off the internet or just go to a different block all together if you can't stand "The Internet" in your video game.

Uh huh, sure bro. Block 69 is the go to meme/shitpost block and if you're taking anything there seriously... ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Might want to get off the internet or just go to a different block all together if you can't stand "The Internet" in your video game.

Im not your bro, and your internet is not my internet, or the internet of other people... If you can't accept that people are different from you and your taste, you might consider playing singleplayer first instead of mmos.

@Dragon-Cloud said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Im not your bro, and your internet is not my internet, or the internet of other people... If you can't accept that people are different from you and your taste, you might consider playing singleplayer first instead of mmos.

I never said your internet was my internet bro. Where did I say that I don't accept other people that are different from me bro?

@Dragon-Cloud That's why PSO2 exist, the only mmo where everyone is happy, you can do everything, and you are free to do what you want with the character editor. Not the case of the Global/NA version. For this reason I, and many others, are fighting. This is not the same PSO2 released in Japan, and no warning from SEGA about the change.

So it looks like there is no longer a maximum height limitation from what I heard. I would also like to bring to attention this post and this post from another thread as I believe they have some important points.

Even making a loli or shota-like character does not mean immediate sexualization. There is a common trope of small character large weapon. Furthermore, simply wanting to make a short character does not mean someone wants to make a loli or shota. I see this assumption and generalization being brought up far too often. Yes there are people who want to make such characters but not all do, and, again, even if they do, it does not mean they want to sexualize said character. Sure, there are probably some people who do but we shouldn't generalize everyone who makes short characters simply because of some few creeps.

This game allows for a variety of styles, in both mechanical game play and fashion. This diversity in style is something to be applauded. Sure you may see something that you may dislike, but that's life, people have differing tastes. Sure there are people whose tastes fall into the grounds of social taboos, but there are many more who don't go down that path.

I would also like to reiterate how overall tame the currently removed cutscene is. Sure Kohri's dialogue can be seen as a bit creepy, but Hitsugi also calls Kohri out on it, identifying it as an overall unacceptable behavior.

I also added the following straw polls from the Height Restrictions Remove or Stay thread to the opening post:

I would also like to take this chance to remind people to be civil. We literally had someone delete their account as another user was essentially stalking them online, trying to dig up information to discredit them. If you see people doing this, please report them.

It seems that some users have deleted their account ... I understand their motives, it is really oppressive to try to express opinions here, because they immediately attack you...

I want to resist, I want to play PSO2 and be able to create my character exactly like the one on my JP account. I'll fight this battle a little longer. At least until a response from SEGA.

Funny thing is. People complain about the "girls being naked" but not the usual trope of "boy being bullied by girls" trope in that bath scene. And the "boy does something he's unable to control (because of girls) and they get mad at him" trope. Isn't Al the one more in danger in this situation? Or all you people wanting to keep the censorship gonna sweep all that under the rug because "lucky boy" syndrome?

@Meow2835 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Funny thing is. People complain about the "girls being naked" but not the usual trope of "boy being bullied by girls" trope in that bath scene. And the "boy does something he's unable to control (because of girls) and they get mad at him" trope. Isn't Al the one more in danger in this situation? Or all you people wanting to keep the censorship gonna sweep all that under the rug because "lucky boy" syndrome?

Only SEGA know the truth, here there are only speculations

either...

A.) SEGA just doesn't want it there. if this is the case, then this is a Japanese decision, but guess what? SEGA Cooperate HQ is in the U.S.. i am willing to bet if enough people contacted them, they would be able to pull rank on the dev team to get the scene reinstated. maybe it is just a difference in culture, and the developers don't feel comfortable with releasing the scene.

or

B.) they managed to slip the scene past ESRB and/or IARC. for digital games, the review/rating process is done by an automated method through IARC. we could be opening a huge can of worms here, and ousting the developers. not likely! more likely, the scene was seen by IARC and the game is appropriately rated.

or

C.) there is a conspiracy going on... somewhat recently in the U.S., they passed the law to increase the legal age for purchasing tobacco from 18+ to 21+. this is federal law, but on the other hand... the legal age for sex is pretty vague, even by federal law. for the most part, it is up to the states to set this. with Afin being only 19 in that scene... maybe SEGA has the one-up on some knowledge the general public doesn't?

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY I really just think they were afraid of western cancel culture.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY I really just think they were afraid of western cancel culture.

it very well could be... i honestly didn't know what that was until searching just now. a PERFECT example of this would be the Square Enix release of Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix also being a Japanese company. they received some very heavy gruff from the public about sexualizing this and that... in the end, they made changes that they had hoped would be more acceptable.

i hope that this isn't the case, but also wouldn't blame SEGA if this is indeed their concern on the matter. i can say quite a few negative things about the various people who would influence artists/developers with this "cancel culture" stuff. but at the same time... if "cancel culture" is being applied by people towards a company releasing a game with content that would be considered out-of-the-norm/out of character for that company.... that i can understand too.

from my experience, SEGA usually provides wholesome family-friendly content from their games. PSO2 just might be crossing that border by a smidgen, to say the least. it certainly wouldn't be unreasonable for them to dread any potential back-lash from such a scene. i mean... Square Enix dreaded that "cancel culture" back-lash, and they are a much bigger company.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It can really only be this. Japan is a rather secluded(xenophobic) people. The biggest headlines and loudest voices are often all they know about overseas.. Of course- we know that the loudest voices are not the majority and catering to them can only tarnish a product as these kinds of people wouldn't be playing the game whether these changes existed or not. But it's still dev'd by sega of JP- not NA... and we can only hope NA tries to communicate to JP that not only are the changes unnecessary -but they are also not wanted.

But we can't get any SEGA/microsoft authority to weigh on anything whatsoever. Nor can we even get a response from GMs if they have or have not been able to talk to anyone higher on the totem pole than they are. No one in official capacity can hear player concerns and that is a bad sign for an MMOs longterm support.

if "cancel culture" really is the culprit here, then it is unlikely the developers will cave anytime soon... or ever at all.

however... if people send mail to Corporate HQ, they could be of some help to convincing them to not be concerned with "cancel culture" stuff. but how likely would that be? even a big-time company like Square Enix caves to "cancel culture".

i would say the biggest difference here in Square Enix position and SEGA position... nobody in the general public is putting any pressure on SEGA to keep this scene removed. but at the same time, the scene wasn't revealed to the public before being released.

how do we know how the public would have reacted?