Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

The smart inner is just profit reasons at this point. My Silicone innerwear is just as lewd and does the same job as not showing lines in my outfits but Smart is free and included while Silicone is probably expensive again(bought it during Throwback, it used to be almost 100m on my ship!)

At the end of the day cash is king but it’s still greedy and annoying. I refuse to collect innerwear for this reason, I only own three. I just want a clean outfit look.

I just want my minisuit. 😏

Nothing lewd, nothing wrong, it just cute minisuit.

@Miraglyth No need to be a pedant when it's very clear which fresh finds update I'm talking about.

Also yes, smart inner is something that should have been given out long ago, though for anyone to say it's due to censorship needs to take their tinfoil hats off.

@IAMCRAIG said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

it's very clear which fresh finds update I'm talking about.

Whether I was pedantic or not, I honestly don't know which Fresh Finds outfit you are referring to and I wasn't about to trawl through every day of its recorded history from 30 Sep to 08 Dec (assuming it was within the date range where Episode 5 was the latest episode because spoiler alert I wasn't being pedantic).

I thought the most controversial showy outfits in this game were Sudsy Style (which was from an SG Shop bundle during open beta) and Catschief (which was from an AC scratch and turned out to replicate the wearer's skin colour ironically making it one of the most skin-covering outfits in the game anyway).

I don't think that catsuit replicates skin color so much as it's a clear film over the skin.

Could it be that one that recently made a comeback? I don’t remember the name because I didn’t buy it but it’s just like pasties only covering nipples for the top. It came back for this FF in one color.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I don't think that catsuit replicates skin color so much as it's a clear film over the skin.

It is, if you look close enough you can see a shine on the film that isn't there with bare skin.

@Miraglyth said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@IAMCRAIG said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

it's very clear which fresh finds update I'm talking about.

Whether I was pedantic or not, I honestly don't know which Fresh Finds outfit you are referring to and I wasn't about to trawl through every day of its recorded history from 30 Sep to 08 Dec (assuming it was within the date range where Episode 5 was the latest episode because spoiler alert I wasn't being pedantic).

I thought the most controversial showy outfits in this game were Sudsy Style (which was from an SG Shop bundle during open beta) and Catschief (which was from an AC scratch and turned out to replicate the wearer's skin colour ironically making it one of the most skin-covering outfits in the game anyway).

ped·ant /ˈpednt/ Learn to pronounce noun a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

@Miraglyth : Fresh Finds has nothing to do with episodes?

That was the very definition of it; what mattered was that there has been no lack of risque outfits that are barely anything at all.

But to satisfy you it was this outfit: https://i.imgur.com/HTDiiw7.jpg

I assumed people would know which one I was talking about from how risque it is, to the point that it almost was obnoxiously so (not to mention it made a constant clink as players ran around in it).

Ahh so it was that one! It was in this batch of FF again so you’re probably seeing it a lot more.

ped·ant /ˈpednt/ Learn to pronounce noun a person who is excessively concerned with minor details

I appreciate the deliberate irony! 😁

I assumed people would know which one I was talking about

Wasn't even on my shortlist of possibilities lol. Did people make a fuss about that one like with Catschief? I've even seen more with the Macata Quina which arrived recently and returned today.

I guess taking a step back, maybe that's kind of the point. People do raise a fuss about those. Searching back I found the outfit you're talking about is called Luna Prophecy, and while it didn't get much complaint it did get a little, like this where its inclusion was more a part of a larger list.

More than complaint, its existence was used as a contrast to the adjustment of the player-wearable version of a Harriette basewear which happened around the same time. Which feels like a sensible parallel to draw; it's pretty weird and counter-productive from a censorship standpoint that like Kohri and her skimpy Frost Disciple outfit, the NPCs in question are literally the only characters who wear these outfits with their un-adjusted exposure.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It was in this batch of FF again

It was? I thought I saw it too but it looks like the Fresh Finds dictionary doesn't list it?

Fwiw, I knew which one he was referring to, at least. Dunno about a fuss exactly, but I know a few people (including me) pointed it out as a big ??? as to why we still hadn't gotten smart inner yet at that point, since until it showed up most people figured the lack of smart inner when it was supposed to come out was part of being anti-lewd (like with how the one harriette basewear got changed for players), and I think it was the first real "risque" outfit that was put into the game (at least after the stuff like sudsy/ribbons/the towel set that existed pre-PC release and then vanished forever before PC had access to them).

Nowadays I just assume it's part of a set of items they're hiding behind "break in case of declining playerbase" emergency glass, but it seems awfully late to be holding on to that card when NGS is coming up so quickly regardless of the reason.

@Miraglyth said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It was? I thought I saw it too but it looks like the Fresh Finds dictionary doesn't list it?

It wasn't this batch, it was a batch or two ago, 3/4 and 2/18 (Luna Prophecy: Ruby).

@Akonyl said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Nowadays I just assume it's part of a set of items they're hiding behind "break in case of declining playerbase" emergency glass, but it seems awfully late to be holding on to that card

Would that even really cause anyone to come back? It's not even an item in the first place; it wouldn't have a time limit on claiming it or anything. It's literally just a second default option that would be automatically available to all characters on all accounts the moment its removal was reverted.

Then again, perhaps more than bringing people back it might be seen as a step in the right direction enough to prevent some people putting the game down until NGS?

@Akonyl said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It wasn't this batch, it was a batch or two ago, 3/4 and 2/18 (Luna Prophecy: Ruby).

Ah, I see it now! No idea how I missed it before. Thanks!

Would that even really cause anyone to come back? It's not even an item in the first place; it wouldn't have a time limit on claiming it or anything. It's literally just a second default option that would be automatically available to all characters on all accounts the moment its removal was reverted.

It wouldn't be if it was introduced the same way as it was in JP, but if they did it that way it seems like it should've showed up in Ep 4 anyway. FF already shows us that they're willing to change how things are obtained / edit item data (like having to manually make AC scratch items they put up in FF untradable, and forgetting about it sometimes), so I feel like there isn't much stopping them from making it an item you get from a campaign or something if they really wanted to.

Also might depend on how "default options" are actually implemented, they could easily be items in the game data that just get auto-registered to our chars at creation (meaning a "smart inner" item to give away would already exist). We already kinda saw something that hints at that method, with part of the playerbase randomly getting Hexawings: Blue registered onto their chars for no reason after a maint one day, so SEGA must have some way of auto-registering item data to chars.

It wouldn't be if it was introduced the same way as it was in JP

Oh it would be a problem if they made it an [In] ticket item on Global, especially if it was a time-gated source like a campaign.

We already kinda saw something that hints at that method, with part of the playerbase randomly getting Hexawings: Blue registered onto their chars for no reason after a maint one day

Haha! Even before I read up to this point I was thinking Hexawings: Blue. Yes, there would be no issue with giving existing and future characters Smart Inner as a default option because we've seen it be done that way already. So there's no need to worry about technical barriers here.

"Also, due to the differences in regions of service, there may be some differences in content or campaigns at some points even after NGS..." - Arai-san

Campaign differences are a given and make sense. There is little point to release something to global or vice versa if the other server doesn't even know what they're collaborating with is.

When it comes to ANY other content, there is ZERO excuse to not have both servers identical.

I had hoped that with the game being created with 2 regions in mind from the get go that would be avoided but I expect the pointless asinine censorship to continue in NGS. 😑

This is clearly an assumption, but what we have to base it off of, I'm pretty confident we'll be screwed again.