Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Not-A-Bear The Japanese version actually did celebrate "Turkey Day" by using the same lobby the global version used for Thanksgiving as shown in this video. Though, unlike the global version it wasn't the "only" batch of content introduced for the time as this introduced a number of big additions to the Japanese version (such as the new solo Ultimate Quest) and more collaborations.

This also included variations of the Independence Day/Thanksgiving costumes that were exclusive to the Japanese version as an AC Scratch and were inaccessible on the global version until recently as occasional appearances on the Fresh Finds Shop.

@Not-A-Bear I remember hearing that White Day has spread and is celebrated in some other Asian countries as well.

Japan got our Thanksgiving day event, didn’t it? I don’t think White Day is much of a stretch.

@VanillaLucia said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

This also included variations of the Independence Day/Thanksgiving costumes that were exclusive to the Japanese version as an AC Scratch

That was cancer, no one wanted to do the scratch because the Independence Day/Thankgiving costumes were worth basically a recycle badge and took up a decent chunk of the scratch. Made Luminous Zona stuff so expensive cause of the lack of supply.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Japan got our Thanksgiving day event, didn’t it? I don’t think White Day is much of a stretch.

No actual Thanksgiving event quest or exchange shop on JP, only got the lobby and turkey rappy

If at all, the White Day lobby would be next maintenance, one could argue "Why would we get a White Day event" perhaps true. Maybe not an event, but just the lobby & Rappies similar to the Turkey Day JP got, but regardless the White Day lobby was present in the previous online title Phantasy Star Universe, so there is a good chance it'll come over again.

In regards to "the Thanksgiving quest we got is literally just a reskinned version of the White Day quest." True, but also not completely. White Day was held in that exact map (give or take some structures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHczGfhgDY for a few years up until 2017, from 2018 & on White Day has been running in Corrupted Amduskia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_1jbLKtRw.

Also regarding the combined Valentines/White Day Scratch JP has gotten something similar recently http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-sweet-memorial-collection/ So I wouldn't write the scratch off as proof just yet.

Also while the Independence Day has been mentioned, so I'll add a little fuel, the map used in said event was a limited quest called Chaotic Pranksters' Sneer (混沌もたらす戯神の嘲笑) in JP & was part of the New Years Carnival 2017 https://youtu.be/O1tGLJtkzZE?t=197 However the lobby you got for it, is 100% Global exclusive though.

And for Fun I'll include the songs from the early Valentines & White Day events respectively Valentines(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiO8a9ErCBg) WD(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2MRp4KfR8)

@Church10129 So I guess that meme I made about SEGA rehashing stuff for NGS isn't half incorrect if all they really had to do for the Independence Day event was work on a lobby reskin for Global.

Since there is a whole different lobby for White Day, it's possible for Global to either do White Day for Badges and Bingo or save the lobby for next year's Valentine's event and swap it out every now and then.

The official Twitter account has been posting memes about old viral April Fool's jokes months ahead of April.

We already know that March is the slated NGS engine update in Japan, so my guess here is that they can't make the jokes in the first week of April.

Not that we can determine if the devs can make a simultaneous NGS release or have the engine out on Global by April, but we can at least guess that we will be getting some sort of themed events in April.

White Day is11 days after the engine update in Japan.

Since we still haven't gotten an official ETA for Global's translations and any hints at continued height restrictions or any censorship of the screenshot studio, I can't really make an educated guess as to whether or not we will get a White Day event.

Global gave us Cat Day items before Rappy Comu's Cat Day tweet, so anything could be on the table.

PSO NA and PSU NA had a white day lobby/event in them, should be in PSO2 as well. The lovey Emperrappy spawns in rainbow keys (though, could just be a oversight, we do have a mob in a extreme quest that has still been left out of the game).

The original EN Ch.70 (JP Ch.72) of the English localization of PSO2Comi was removed and replaced by JP Ch.73, probably due to this very panel:Problematic panel.png

Also EN Ch.48 (JP Ch.50) is still missing the third page.

@Yuuyatails If the concern was with copyrighted content that doesn't belong to SEGA, then why not just redraw that panel with PSO content or other SEGA copyrights that are as closely guarded and in-company as Sonic?

Were the localizers just so lazy that they thought completely removing content was somehow worthy of a paycheck?

PSO2 Comi is a SEGA property, they have the legal rights to shove in their own Global owned property cameos if it doesn't match the copyrights to Japan.

Thanks for false promises..... fetching the vasiline and uninstalling this bad burn... hurts so much.... thanks for ruining PSO2

Sony is responsible for Japanese developers censoring Naruto.

I wouldn't put it past them to blackmail SEGA in order to get PSO2 out on PlayStation.

Video on that. Maybe SEGA can return the Bathhouse scene from Episode 4 if they give Sony the boot in favor of some other partner?

Stop making up excuses for SEGA. First is Microsoft, then it was Lionsbridge, and now on to Sony.

JP had PSVita and PS4 versions with the stuff censored on global still intact.

Comic that is outside of the game, nothing to do with these platforms are censored, and you still think it is not SEGA.

@HarmlessSyan said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Stop making up excuses for SEGA. First is Microsoft, then it was Lionsbridge, and now on to Sony.

JP had PSVita and PS4 versions with the stuff censored on global still intact.

Comic that is outside of the game, nothing to do with these platforms are censored, and you still think it is not SEGA.

lol, I doubt SEGA as a company will take responsibility for a lazy localizer who didn't want to do a simple cosplay redraw.

Well, not much we can do about the censored in-game content but point fingers anyways.

There's been speculation that Global cloud server for Nintendo Switch won't be likely due to the network infrastructure, so I doubt that Sony has as much pull as they had with the Naruto game, especially if Play Station servers won't be possible with the upgraded engine NGS will bring.

Even if they did have pull, SEGA pointing the finger at them is an easy way out of the player outrage viewpoint.

(PS5 is unpopular in Japan, they're still on 4. Global could beg for PS5, but I doubt SEGA would oblige.)

Censorship of Cero approved content is highly suspect, no matter how you look at it.

For context, the PS5 is unpopular in Japan due to it's infamous anime game censorship.

PSO2 wasn't censored in Japan, but all of Global had changes made to various aspects.

Global version is really the only connection we have in terms of confirmed tracing of the censorship.

We know Global got the files to upload the patch data, but we don't know who wrote those revisions aside from LionBridge and SEGA devs by proxy of the email communication which the GMs have with them.

Beyond that is our speculation as to the cause or reasoning, and ever growing irritation as to the silence during the process of NGS development.

(The most that people are expecting at the moment is a simple statement.)

The most popular bland blanket statement would be worded such as, "Due to PSO2's release to various countries, the content approved in one region may not have been accepted on a Global scale during the localization process."

But I doubt that would satisfy anyone due to the unpopularity of SEGA's business partners.

Then again, SEGA staying mum isn't helping the community relationship either.

As far as I’m concerned, even if another company is involved, it’s Sega’s game and they’re responsible for any changes to it.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

As far as I’m concerned, even if another company is involved, it’s Sega’s game and they’re responsible for any changes to it.

True.

Although I think that if SEGA were the target of the censorship outrage instead of it's partners, we probably wouldn't see so many loyal PSO2 fans around.

It probably helps with general morale that the audience is mature enough to use creativity to get around some of the restrictions, in my opinion.