Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Ashe-Kinsilla People are neither good nor bad, but there are people who have more good in them and people who have more bad.

Too much bad = GTFO and leave me alone, enough good = lets be buddies

@ZeeHero9271 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla People are neither good nor bad, but there are people who have more good in them and people who have more bad.

Too much bad = GTFO and leave me alone, enough good = lets be buddies

I don't see how too much bad = gtfo and good enough = lets be buddies. If that was the case more people in the world would feel less lonely. There is more reasons besides "good or bad" that people connect, make relationships and interact with people.

Maclarium Is real! Heavy element HG2340

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk

Welcome to the internet. People will troll unless they do actual names on websites and forums. I think blizzard tried that for a little and they were quick to revert it. I have an idea who you are talking about and I do not care/will not go back through a 100 pages to look for what brought those up. I do however remember there were multiple people bringing up false allegations towards other people. On each side of the argument.

I honestly don't care if you have your one contained thread. Everyone is still allowed to reply to it unless a GM sees our replies as unfit and sends us on a vacation. The world is a harsh place as people have different personalities. Suck it up and keep fighting the good fight that you all are doing in your thread.

An 8 year old video game where they have to change item looks or take out parts of the "story" for a global release seems normal to me. Why is it important? Because "all the content" right? Did you honestly believe we'd get all the content? That is the same as people getting hyped when a company says "16 times the detail"

You can continue to beat this dead horse, looking at every patch, AC scratch, new npcs and the rest of EP 6 for "muh censorship" No one is stopping you. The only people who can stop you is GMs.

@RikaPSO

I think you don't understand what side I am on.

(Apologizes for format, on phone) I can ignore most attempts at trolling, we know full well places like Reddit get their fair share. I have zero tolerance for such disgusting accusations, I could go on a full explanation for why but it is what it is. The second people start bringing up something so ugly, I feel the opportunity to have a civil disagreement is lost. It’s a distraction. I don’t expect you to read 100+ pages of this thread but in similar threads people have made similar remarks and we talked about why they felt that way and we had a good discussion even if we were on opposite sides. If Player felt X removed content made them uncomfortable and they were glad it was gone, that was fine. Things only became heated when it wasn’t “I feel” but instead “you’re all a bunch of pedos” shots fired kind of attack. These remarks don’t open the floor for discussion at all, they derail the threads and get them locked. That’s the part I’m sick and tired of, it’s a deliberate act to get the thread locked and our voices silenced.

I welcome opposite viewpoints, some of the best discussions were from now locked threads that got out of hand later, once upon a time ago I even tried the same with that blocked user. I wanted to know why, I was open to hearing their side but I just got stupid “no u” answers and never learned anything. Other players have had a similar antagonistic approach but we were still able to talk about it. When the discussion gets shut down, it’s like where do we go from here? But I honestly do like talking to both sides, we never agree on anything but it’s still refreshing to hear something outside of an echochamber.

Yes, I believed a company wouldn’t lie to me because not every gaming company does, and I felt a company as large as this one would set a better example. If they didn’t want to include all the content then the “all the content” promise feels pretty hollow.

Thing is and I don’t understand is that you all have already seen witnessed and played through all the so called missing content on JP.

I have not played on JP, too many hoops to jump through for that, and I'm not the only one. I do know people who have, though.

@Ashe-Kinsilla For the sake of the subject of online gaming, bad at being a decent person to others online = Bad. that's what is going to matter most in this kind of thing.

I also did not play on the Japanese server.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I think you don't understand what side I am on.

Ohhhhhhh. Alright, I get it now after reading the other post after reading this. My mistake.

@ZeeHero9271 said

The 1st rule of Acquisition: Once you have their money.... YOU NEVER GIVE IT BACK!

Ilu2 Quark.

@CalvinaCoulange said

I have not played on JP, too many hoops to jump through for that, and I'm not the only one. I do know people who have, though.

Funnily enough, when this game first came out in NA on PC, the launcher was so bad it would take less effort to play on JP than NA cause of your game just randomly deleting itself.

Oh I hope this is nothing but I see Evolution Device: Lovey Rappy | Mag Device and Evolution Device: Loveyli | Mag Device in the valentine's related scratch. Shouldn't theses be in the future white day related scratch (I'm not sure how JP released these items, is it supposed to be this way?)? I hope Sega isn't planning on skipping the white day holiday lobby/Urgent quest/Bingo (white day has been in both PSO and PSU). I can't confirm if white day was in last year on the xbox version before the pc release, I did check the oldest news posts. Like I said I really hope this is nothing, but I thought I'd mention it. The white day emper rappy is ingame in the rainbow key though, but that could just be a oversight on their part.

I highly doubt Sega is aware of the censorship in NA.

They got a PR team working for Estsoft, a south Korean company which probably doesn't relay anything judging by the severe lack of clarity, and disconnect with NA players. They also have Lionbridge Studios and freelancers localizing the game which means you have faceless randoms sieving through the game's assets picking and choosing what stays, and what goes, and what gets censored. Looking at company photos of Lionbridge studios, most of the staff are old ladies/hipsters, and what it looks like to be an outsourced office from India.

So on both sides in terms of communication with players, and localization, you got a korean company that doesn't care, and an outsourced office in india and random hipster freelancers picking apart the game you love.

Looking at the knitty gritty of who's running the show in NA, it's scary to think the game is still running at all.

I probably come off as a bit condescending, but I'm just trying to emphasize that it feels like there are alot of small-time randoms involved in localizing an mmo that's been around for a decade.

I hope that NGS is run differently or it will be a huge dissapointment.

@Krinos said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I highly doubt Sega is aware of the censorship in NA.

They got a PR team working for Estsoft, a south Korean company which probably doesn't relay anything judging by the severe lack of clarity, and disconnect with NA players. They also have Lionbridge Studios and freelancers localizing the game which means you have faceless randoms sieving through the game's assets picking and choosing what stays, and what goes, and what gets censored. Looking at company photos of Lionbridge studios, most of the staff are old ladies/hipsters, and what it looks like to be an outsourced office from India.

So on both sides in terms of communication with players, and localization, you got a korean company that doesn't care, and an outsourced office in india and random hipster freelancers picking apart the game you love.

Looking at the knitty gritty of who's running the show in NA, it's scary to think the game is still running at all.

I probably come off as a bit condescending, but I'm just trying to emphasize that it feels like there are alot of small-time randoms involved in localizing an mmo that's been around for a decade.

Wow......really! Sad! Just Sad!

Looks like another comic got cut, this time for the main character green haired girl making an inappropriate hand gesture(grabby hands)

It’s laughable at this point, it really is.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Looks like another comic got cut, this time for the main character green haired girl making an inappropriate hand gesture(grabby hands)

It’s laughable at this point, it really is.

Really unfortunate. >.< Hm I wonder if they are gonna skip 60 as well at this point, we won't know for at least a month though. :'D

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Anarchy-Marine

I agree with that, you know I don’t really play many games anymore because they don’t appeal to me. I’ve never liked shooters like my husband does and man that’s a good chunk of games nowadays. But I don’t have to like or buy them so I just buy something else.

I sound so old but I honestly miss gaming before the internet, no mommy blogs or otherwise saying how bad videogames are or specifically picking on a series because it’s offensive. My gosh, remember Dead or Alive? The parents at my local Blockbuster tried to get it banned from the shelves even though it wasn’t a game for children and an adult’s consent was needed to even rent the damn thing. They still tried to have it banned so Blockbuster staff just removed the case and replaced it with a blank copy with the text instead. I still remember how utterly stupid and a waste of time that was. Meanwhile we had movie covers of women in bikinis but that was fine, it’s just those evil videogames! Companies are foolish to give in to these demands, they’re not the ones financially supporting them.

@Ashe-Kinsilla

I love how you assume it’s about you. I have someone blocked on the forums who consistently comes into the thread to do nothing but harass people, not debate, not see other sides but openly antagonize, so I had to block them. I didn’t leave it vague to include literally everyone who has a different opinion than me, you honestly weren’t even on my mind.

What does leaving accomplish? Letting trolls further think they can bully people? That person has screeched to GMs to have our threads locked or has tried to bait us into getting locked when a GM wouldn’t do as he wanted. I’m sick of it but I’m not leaving because this is important to me.

And if you think accusing people of pedophilia like several trolls in this thread have done isn’t bullying or trolling, I don’t know what to tell you. You can disagree with people without being nasty.

Please name the people who have accused others of being a pedophilia? Because what I have witnessed is that some of the victims of the accusations have only assumed and stated the word as a deflection and a reversal attack on the opposition. Just to confused and strengthen their personal agenda bandwagon crusade.