Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Lemon-Sama said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

We can create literally anything we want, both gender and race in NGS, but we can't create a character with originally intended height on PSO 2. What happens when our mutants log on PSO 2 after character creation?

We explode into a lovecraftian mess maybe

O.O

@Lemon-Sama said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

This is a catch 22, we either see all our restrictions lifted or the character creation tool is definitely not the most diverse or gender fluid ever created (as claimed, which is legally binding).

Do you try this line whenever a place advertising the World's Best hotdog or whatever isn't the best you've had?

But anyway, the character creator is probably shared between NGS and PSO2 and Global will just still have a tweaked height slider like we currently do.

It will likely end up with either NGS Global having the current limitation. Maybe, possibly based on survey results, they will remove the height restrictions.

Also, this talk of a toggle system. How exactly do people want this toggle feature to function. Because depending on this very detail, it may or may not be practical. Some times, things that seem simple in effect can be a nightmare to program. I've stated this before and this has not changed. If it requires anything like adding a field to an object or any alterations to a database, it will likely be a nightmare to develop.

I want to know in detail, the logic that people have in mind for such a system. Pseudo-code, if possible, would greatly explain how people expect it to be implemented. Just saying a toggle system is incredibly vague.

I assume when most people talk about a toggle system, they just mean an option (defaulted on On) that will cause any player characters under the global-minimum height to be displayed as being global-minimum height locally on your screen, and if you have it set to Off you'll see characters at their actual height (and if you have it Off, the height slider UI allows you to choose those lower ranges while customizing your character). Which should be fairly simple to implement, as long as the code isn't messy as hell.

Regardless though, I don't think a toggle option's ever gonna get in (as easy as the above would be), because if it's seen as a problem they're just gonna shy away from it completely (like they are right now in Global) rather than making it opt-in. I only ever see the restriction being removed if they're convinced it isn't actually an issue they need to worry about.

@Archetype-Luna One way to toggle height could use the current "non loaded" character asset the game already has, which displays a character as a grey scaled default human/cast shape. In my view, a toggle could use this place holder character in case others don't want to see other people's characters depending on a certain criteria (muted characters could also be shown as this).

Toggles can be made for different motives. For example, the current max displayed character slider allows people to limit how many fully rendered characters exist in their screen. This is made for low end PCs in mind. Making a toggle for other purposes would allow people to not just limit this number, but to target specific groups or even specific players, like characters sized below x height or as mentioned above, characters who have been blocked. As height goes we could use the current limit imposed by the global character creator slider, meaning people won't get to choose a specific height to block, thus simplifying the coding process as it's a catch all solution.

Now I admit I'm not a coder myself so I wouldn't know how easy or difficult would be to add a number of lines of code to address this. Still, using the already imposed height instead of allowing people to choose, and using already in-game assets to fulfill it, would make coding it simpler, I believe.

@ZorokiHanuke @Akonyl Didn't people also want a toggle for cutscenes as well? There is also the issue of some outfits being censored as well and the lack if smart innerwear.

Why is it so important to talk about it? If it happens it happens! The toggle system is fair for everyone. Sega will figure it out or not. The suggestion has been made and now it a wait and see issue. The toggle system is a win win for everyone! Unless some people have a different agenda than fair for everyone?

@RainGnyu It's still wise to talk about it and see how it can censor and un-censor things, like what Zoroki said. Plus it would also help sway people to agree with a toggle being added.

@Archetype-Luna People asked for several things indeed. But my own real want in here would be a restored height slider, while giving me and everyone else the chance to not see what the slider was assumely restricted for from troll players. Those who'd want restored cut scenes and outfits should voice their wants as well. Then there are those who are more interested in the flavor text and the whole issue with the changed words.

Of course, the more we add into this list, the harder would it be for any interested dev to work it out. I mean, I kind of doubt they have a simple to use kill switch that would instantly restore the game to it's Japan original while keeping all of Global's current perks.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Why is it so important to talk about it? If it happens it happens! The toggle system is fair for everyone. Sega will figure it out or not. The suggestion has been made and now it a wait and see issue. The toggle system is a win win for everyone! Unless some people have a different agenda than fair for everyone?

If you are tired of seeing notifications from this thread, as that's how this reads, uncheck the box at the top of it that says watching, and instead set it to ignore. That would be the wisest course of action here.

I just want to add, the censored height is even more ridiculous with the PSO2COMI voice tickets. With the Makino voice, my character is taller than Al and all the other short characters, but has a higher pitched voice coming from a character who was at the minimum JP height.

@TheMerfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I just want to add, the censored height is even more ridiculous with the PSO2COMI voice tickets. With the Makino voice, my character is taller than Al and all the other short characters, but has a higher pitched voice coming from a character who was at the minimum JP height.

what does someones voice have to do with someones height? Are you kidding me?

@TheMerfox Bad hot take. I once ran into a girl as tall as me, but with a very high pitched voice at a concert once. Not just high pitched, but like a chipmunk, it wasn't cute, actually very annoying. I'm 5'11/6 feet tall. She wasn't making her voice do that either. It was obvious from listening to her speak, as her upward inflections were even higher. Im honestly surprised she wasnt shattering nearby drinking glasses. Point is height doesn't determine voice pitch, in the same way it doesn't determine age.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Logistics, that's why. There is a matter of resource cost to it. If we can come up with a version that minimizes the amount of work, time, and resources that they need to implement then it is more likely for it to be implemented. For example, a toggle that makes it so that the game simply does not load characters under a certain height versus a toggle that does it based on a combination of height and visual cosmetics. The former is much more likely to happen as it is much simpler to program where as the latter is a nightmare.

Plus the more talk on this, the more likely something happens. Shows that people are still interested.

Three hours left for the survey, folks! Make your opinion heard, wichever side you are on.