Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@KOSMOSFAN22497 Because in that particular collaboration Kirito and Asuna log into the game "PSO2" and are confused as they browse through the Shopping Area without a tutorial. The player (and Matoi) were going out for lunch together before being greeted by these new "players" of the game who hint at their previous lives on Earth and Episode 4 already covering this to a degree (Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation and Episode 4 largely deals with the "meta" world of people of Earth playing a game called "Phantasy Star Online 2") brings many familiar story elements back.

As a goofy sort of reward there is a special title that disables in-game functionality (Video Spoiler here) as a result of completing this collaboration.

Also to note, all the cosmetics related to the Sword Art Online are obtained for free by completing the client orders and the newly added story (which is in its own menu on the Quest Counter).

@VanillaLucia That's cool. It's just like in the first episode of Sword Art Online.

Sword Art Online Is that going to be a crossover in PSO2?

@RainGnyu It was in Japan this year, but not guaranteed we will get that event, given the licensing process that's needed for the voice actors, and actresses involved. The characters Kirito and Asuna make an appearance, as stated earlier, and so did the Japanese voice actor, and actress for both characters, at least from my understanding of it.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu It was in Japan this year, but not guaranteed we will get that event, given the licensing process that's needed for the voice actors, and actresses involved. The characters Kirito and Asuna make an appearance, as stated earlier, and so did the Japanese voice actor, and actress for both characters, at least from my understanding of it.

That would be cool to have. Hope it comes true!

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Sword Art Online Is that going to be a crossover in PSO2?

It is currently live right now on the Japanese side of things as one of the events (with all of the cosmetics including costumes, accessories, and voice tickets being obtainable via completing the client orders). There are a few other instances of things like this happening in Phantasy Star Online 2 with potentially canon (and by that extent fan-servicey because it appeals to people on both sides of the fanbases) links and nods.

In the case of collaborations like the Evangelion event the content was available for a period of time (with a special Emergency Quest dedicated to it with a video link here) and while the rewards/collaboration items are still in-game the actual story/quest contents were eventually removed from the game.

@VanillaLucia said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 Because in that particular collaboration Kirito and Asuna log into the game "PSO2" and are confused as they browse through the Shopping Area without a tutorial. The player (and Matoi) were going out for lunch together before being greeted by these new "players" of the game who hint at their previous lives on Earth and Episode 4 already covering this to a degree (Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation and Episode 4 largely deals with the "meta" world of people of Earth playing a game called "Phantasy Star Online 2") brings many familiar story elements back.

As a goofy sort of reward there is a special title that disables in-game functionality (Video Spoiler here) as a result of completing this collaboration.

Also to note, all the cosmetics related to the Sword Art Online are obtained for free by completing the client orders and the newly added story (which is in its own menu on the Quest Counter).

Interesting.

Welp, they're doing a survey rn, and I just gave them a piece of my mind on what I think of them removing content (EP4 bath scenes and the smart innerwear).

@Josua said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Welp, they're doing a survey rn, and I just gave them a piece of my mind on what I think of them removing content (EP4 bath scenes and the smart innerwear).

where is this survey at?

@N00bie666 https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/survey200ac

Editing this to not double post: This is probably a good time to comment on censorship since at the end of the survey since you get more open questions about PSO2 (Things you would like to see improved/altered and anything else concerned pso2)

survey.PNG What are you waiting for my brothers and sisters? Create your 6 paragraphs essay now. Don't write 'remove the censorship'. Write stuff something like 'create toggle to enable and disable censorship' .

@Fighter-Fairy

Sent a 9 paragraph essay. God that felt cathartic.

@OmegaNeo8603 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@N00bie666 https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/survey200ac

Editing this to not double post: This is probably a good time to comment on censorship since at the end of the survey since you get more open questions about PSO2 (Things you would like to see improved/altered and anything else concerned pso2)

Oahoooo! 😱 got to tell the crew!

Can't log in through XBox live, Microsoft says 'redirect_uri' is invalid to log in to PSO2.com to take the survey.

Edit: Finally got through, working on it now.

Already done. That was the first thing I saw, followed by the new scratch. Looks like they listened to those wanting more cast parts. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.