Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

A rare occurrence where I'm in agreement with leap. That was discovered and added to the beginning of this thread ages ago. The gender specific doors being removed is very old news, and its odd that it's being brought up again. If you find something not at the beginning of this thread, share it, and I'll tell you if that's been discussed, as I've been here since the thread was started. Actually before that, as there were two other threads related to it, that got locked by a GM because they were derailed, and petty back and fourth arguments were all that filled several pages.

Basically unless you got new info, it's pointless to bring up again in my opinion.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You have already seen the censored content on JP.

The scenes in question were not censored in anyway. You were given an in game character choice during the cutscene. It is censored in Global because the scene was removed altogether. No one considered the JP scenes to be censored; the toggle system you kept trying to drive was made out to be something that occurred before a cutscene started.

@IAMCRAIG said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The reason why they were problematic is that one of them has underaged teenagers (Hitsugi and Kohri, with Al's exact age being unknown but is either prepubescent or in their early teens) that are bathing with a sexual undertones that the game tries to play off as humour. The one before it has Kohri all but lusting after Al and talking about wanting to mix her sweat with his and Hitsugi's. Yes, I sat through the first removed cutscene and enough of the second one to feel uncomfortable by it.

There are two kinds of people on the internet.

First ones: They know this is a pixel game and nothing in there is reality or even comes close to reality

Second ones: They are bothered by literally anything and mix it up with real life issues - even if its as small as "Slave weapons" they complain about - or funny teenie cutscenes - but if their favourite tv show has actual sexual jokes about teens - or their favourite movies (like american pie wich shows tons of sexual jokes about teenagers) then THATS OK - so in other words people are just being hypocrites and enjoy mocking or pestering others who make suggestions on the forums for the fun of it - wich is why they were rightfully banned multiple times only for their short temper and bad behaviour towards other people

@JuggernautGTX said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@IAMCRAIG said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The reason why they were problematic is that one of them has underaged teenagers (Hitsugi and Kohri, with Al's exact age being unknown but is either prepubescent or in their early teens) that are bathing with a sexual undertones that the game tries to play off as humour. The one before it has Kohri all but lusting after Al and talking about wanting to mix her sweat with his and Hitsugi's. Yes, I sat through the first removed cutscene and enough of the second one to feel uncomfortable by it.

There are two kinds of people on the internet.

First ones: They know this is a pixel game and nothing in there is reality or even comes close to reality

Second ones: They are bothered by literally anything and mix it up with real life issues - even if its as small as "Slave weapons" they complain about - or funny teenie cutscenes - but if their favourite tv show has actual sexual jokes about teens - or their favourite movies (like american pie wich shows tons of sexual jokes about teenagers) then THATS OK - so in other words people are just being hypocrites and enjoy mocking or pestering others who make suggestions on the forums for the fun of it - wich is why they were rightfully banned multiple times only for their short temper and bad behaviour towards other people

Sounds about right.

@JuggernautGTX You're forgetting about the third group, which makes up a lot of your 'side': The people who think these changes somehow ruin the game and will argue and do whatever they can for eternity if it means they can see or make a naked child character in a video game. 🙂

At the end of the day all the changes that were made to the game had no negative impact, they're all non-issues that they were changed.

@JuggernautGTX said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

wich is why they were rightfully banned multiple times only for their short temper and bad behaviour towards other people

You know people in your group (the third group I mentioned) specifically a person who made up a significant portion of this thread (Chrnodroid / Emmerson / Michelle / SternalVessel / askasys) have also been banned for things including but not limited to posting IRL photos of another users infant child / doxxing them. So I really wouldn't try to act like you're on some sort of high ground when you defend these "people" that are your pals.

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You know people in your group (the third group I mentioned) specifically a person who made up a significant portion of this thread (Chrnodroid / Emmerson / Michelle / SternalVessel / askasys) have also been banned for things including but not limited to posting IRL photos of another users infant child / doxxing them. So I really wouldn't try to act like you're on some sort of high ground when you defend these "people" that are your pals.

no i did not know about that wasn active on this thread while that happened (if it happened?) but posting pictures of another users child is of course not something i would defend but rather ban too if i was a mod

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@JuggernautGTX You're forgetting about the third group, which makes up a lot of your 'side': The people who think these changes somehow ruin the game and will argue and do whatever they can for eternity if it means they can see or make a naked child character in a video game. 🙂

i personally do not think that it ruins the game if some cutscenes are unavailable in my country - but it would ruin the game if more things are being censored to death that actually would impact the game of some sort....but i do understand people who still feel highly annoyed by it and dont wanna be treated like kids (if it comes to height restrictions) ya of course there are some weirdos who wanna create and roleplay as naked kids in game...but meh i would just report it with screenshots if theyre making it in public

no i did not know about that wasn active on this thread while that happened (if it happened?) but posting pictures of another users child is of course not something i would defend but rather ban too if i was a mod

i personally do not think that it ruins the game if some cutscenes are unavailable in my country - but it would ruin the game if more things are being censored to death that actually would impact the game of some sort....but i do understand people who still feel highly annoyed by it and dont wanna be treated like kids (if it comes to height restrictions) ya of course there are some weirdos who wanna create and roleplay as naked kids in game...but meh i would just report it with screenshots if theyre making it in public

I don't remember seeing (Chrnodroid / Emmerson / Michelle / SternalVessel / askasys) every post any pictures of people on this forum, but there was a time where Laep attacked him after doing some snooping around for his information. I also don't feel the game is ruined just that I wish we had everything because that is what we were promised and I also want the height restrictions removed just because I like cute things. Any naked child roleplay I am not ok with since that is just plain creepy.

IIRC he had it in his own profile pic or something and he just pointed it out. I remember it was some silly nonsense that no one should really be doing in the first place.

Edit: Not that he actually found the information without digging through other sites and stuff. I just don't remember him actually doing the posting part.

posting IRL photos of another users infant child / doxxing them

That is so pushing it when what they did was just posting the other user's own forum avatar as a mean to identify the outed RMT. It would have been the same with or without the kid in the same picture with him.

If you want to talk about weird stalking or digging for other people's info - you yourself is pretty creepy going overboard analyzing other people's post pattern https://forum.pso2.com/post/95328 . I still don't know what you are trying to show other than you found a few people with somewhat of a normal sleep schedule? Let's not forget, weren't you banned once posting other people's link or whatever linking to their stuff outside of the game.

@HarmlessSyan said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

posting IRL photos of another users infant child / doxxing them

That is so pushing it when what they did was just posting the other user's own forum avatar as a mean to identify the outed RMT. It would have been the same with or without the kid in the same picture with him.

If you want to talk about weird stalking or digging for other people's info - you yourself is pretty creepy going overboard analyzing other people's post pattern https://forum.pso2.com/post/95328 . I still don't know what you are trying to show other than you found a few people with somewhat of a normal sleep schedule? Let's not forget, weren't you banned once posting other people's link or whatever linking to their stuff outside of the game.

He said so himself that he was banned.

@HarmlessSyan Another user by the name of treos pointed out that he'd been private messaging the user mentioned in that thread, and in a dm between the two, he said that one user had five accounts. They pretended to be multiple users, and Leap was trying to disprove treos on that one, because at the time, we had a consensus that using multiple accounts, regardless of stance on censorship was disingenuous, and only devalued the opinions on either side, rendering them meaningless. A disservice to either side of the isle. Is it weird, sure, but no where close to as bad as pretending to be someone you are not.

Case in point, on the pro censorship side of the debate, one user kept posting a link to a YouTube video of a short character in a skimpy outfit on the JP side of things, doing the chair dance, and saying that was pedo related, and that anyone who wants that is sick. The same person would later go on to pretend to be a fifteen year old girl, calling themselves pookie. That user, and the one mentioned in that thread you linked, consistently argued with each other in a hate filled tirade, across all of their accounts. It was primarily those two alone derailing the threads, which were subsequently locked. The other ones also derailing the threads, weren't as successful as those two.

@Weirdo If by he, you are referring to leap, it doesn't surprise me, because like Craig, anyone that wants the height restored to JP defaults, and wants the bath scenes is a pedo to them. I'm sorry, but that is still one of the worst hot takes ever, and that's where I disagree with them. Or anyone with that view point.

This post is deleted!

I must say, as flawed as PSO2 is for a Phantasy Star title (When at least it comes to episode 4 ) I wouldn't censor anything if it were up to me. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a pedo or anything. But people want certain things. And if you want to make bread. you would want to satisfy your customers as much as possible if you want them to enjoy your product.