Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@RikaPSO said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The removed bath scenes are actually dubbed though in our game client and can be played in english on the japanese version. They should be here as well.

They should not. Those scenes are essentially making sexual harrassment a joke. They are embarrassing and should have been removed (which they have been). They shouldn't exist on the Japanese servers either, but it's more """acceptable""" there.

It's a very common trope in Japanaese media and is something they really need to grow out of. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's acceptable; the game being rated M doesn't excuse this either.

This post is deleted!

Guys, if you don't like it stop watching anime and playing Japanese games, problem solved.

It’s like that one scene is their only argument why censorship should exist. What about the other stuff mentioned? There’s a list of numerous changes no one addresses at all.

Also, if you don't want to see it you can just skip it.

the only thing that I can think of to say is that if a cut scene is important tand relevant to the story then it should be left in but if it's just a fluff piece to fill up fee space in the software then to the nine hells with it

I’m indifferent to the scene but if it was in jp then it’s ridiculous to exclude it from other versions of the game. We were promised the exact same game, no mentions of “except X”, if they wanted to change our game then they should have said so in the beginning. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

@Matt said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RikaPSO said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The removed bath scenes are actually dubbed though in our game client and can be played in english on the japanese version. They should be here as well.

They should not. Those scenes are essentially making sexual harrassment a joke. They are embarrassing and should have been removed (which they have been). They shouldn't exist on the Japanese servers either, but it's more """acceptable""" there.

It's a very common trope in Japanaese media and is something they really need to grow out of. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's acceptable; the game being rated M doesn't excuse this either.

Wow, the first argument I consider valid for something censored here (that' I've seen, there could be more I missed). It's true sexual harassment is bad, but I still feel these scenes have the right to exist even if they are offensive. I found them entertaining, and some others do as well (well the later bath scenes, I forgot what happened in the first one). I don't take many things seriously which is why these scenes don't bother me. I haven't put a great deal of thought with what the characters actually do in these scenes. They are fictional anime characters doing fictional anime things. For example The Boondocks is very offensive (though well more thought out than pso2). I enjoy that show, and many others do and I don't think that makes those who enjoy it makes them/me bad people.

@Milk I didn't think much of the scene in jp when it comes to offensiveness when it was released there, and I feel the same now. I really just want the same game jp has.

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You can’t skip it if you don’t know it is coming! Get real!

@Matt said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Wow, the first argument I consider valid for something censored here (that' I've seen, there could be more I missed). It's true sexual harassment is bad, but I still feel these scenes have the right to exist even if they are offensive. I found them entertaining, and some others do as well (well the later bath scenes, I forgot what happened in the first one). I don't take many things seriously which is why these scenes don't bother me. I haven't put a great deal of thought with what the characters actually do in these scenes. They are fictional anime characters doing fictional anime things. For example The Boondocks is very offensive (though well more thought out than pso2). I enjoy that show, and many others do and I don't think that makes those who enjoy it makes them/me bad people.

@Milk I didn't think much of the scene in jp when it comes to offensiveness when it was released there, and I feel the same now. I really just want the same game jp has.

It's just a Shame this is what Phantasy Star is now.. But I blame PSU for that.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You are given a warning right before the scene happens.

@RainGnyu said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

You are given a warning right before the scene happens.

Not true! All lies!

@RainGnyu You are indeed given a warning (and a choice) if you wanted to watch the bathing scenes or not. There is no bearing on the story on what the player decides to pick during any of these choices as Xiera ends up snooping anyways regardless of what the player decides.

@VanillaLucia said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu You are indeed given a warning (and a choice) if you wanted to watch the bathing scenes or not. There is no bearing on the story on what the player decides to pick during any of these choices as Xiera ends up snooping anyways regardless of what the player decides.

What? Like seriously?