Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Anarchy-Marine

Well said and you bring up a good point. The new rush of bored covid players weren’t the ones supporting their company for years. I’ve been playing SEGA games since I could walk and I know many others who felt the same loyalty to the company. This is my childhood and it feels pretty bitter they don’t care what the longterm fans think as much as bringing in new money. I get that they’re a business but it seems pretty counterproductive to confuse and enrage older fans.

@Milk Just wait until 2021-2022, when the vaccination exists. They'll tip faster than a spooked cow on such an unpredictable audience.

Or maybe that should be- They'll fall faster than Disney and DC in the comics industry.

It worked on a physical media for years, and now poof! All gone!

No, wait. That would be- They'll fall faster than Hollywood without any studios or drive in theaters.

It also doesn't make sense to spend extra money just to appease these people while angering the actual fans at the same time.

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It also doesn't make sense to spend extra money just to appease these people while angering the actual fans at the same time.

Wait, how much money was inflated? And where?

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Anarchy-Marine According to Politically Correct indoctrination, they cannot admit that stories must be handpicked in a very racist way.

So they just invent fancy terminology, such as "accept identity," rather than acknowledging if a person actually truly acts beyond medically manageable dysphoria. In which, the already confused youth become even more confused.

Or at least, that's what everyone keeps saying in terms of gender and BPD. (IE- Political Correctness is communism speech.)

I'm on the Autistim Spectrum, so I can call such Politically Correct obsessed people insane and say that they're in need of medical attention however much I want. And they'll still get angry at me for pointing out that I recognize those in need of mental evaluation.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, you know. And it's honestly kind of sad, because I hear YouTubers talk all the time about how people like that are already seeing a therapist. Therapy is garbage, it never helped me. It's just a liar asking you to lie about your feelings that they don't care about.

@MasterDarkwingz Isn't that the truth though? Usually they just throw pills at people, so that they can forget their issues. Sweeping problems under the rug, and pretending that they don't exist, has never once worked, and yet humanity just keeps on making the same mistakes. One of my closest friends was trans, male to female. I say was because he later realised that several of his issues stemmed from trying to force himself to normalize that thought process. He told me that he's Bi, which is none of my business, he's still my friend, but he's doing better now mentally. He was suicidal, and manic depressive.

He's told me for years though, even when he was trans, that these social justice warriors don't actually speak for the LGBTQ community in its entirety, and in fact are an even larger minority than the community itself. That even though this small group seems to have a hold on large corporations, and by extension, their decisions, that these selfish fools only ever speak for themselves, and they lie to get what they want. It's another reason why when I see that behavior it pisses me off, because I'm tired of people speaking on behalf of others.

Companies keep listening to the loudest voices, never once asking the quiet folks enjoying everything so far their opinion. Business leaders are too detached from their own business, and Capcom is no exception. In regards to how this pertains to censorship based on some forced political agenda, this right here is a good example.

@MasterDarkwingz

Oh they’ll leave alright, after dramatically changing the games we know and love. I’ve always been pretty miffed at the criticism of female characters we’ve seen time and time again but for the most part gaming companies never caved back then, now that’s a real possibility and it makes me feel gutted.

@Anarchy-Marine I had a friend wanting to go trans (female to male) in High School.

Of whom was thankfully sort of letting the topic go after her parents gave her the cold truth of "You want the money that we don't have for the operation, you'll need to get a job."

Not sure if she went through with it after the internship, since we mutually went out of contact six years ago.

But she was gender dysphoric due to the part of diagnosed Bipolar Depression Disorder where she was clinically admitted to a mental institution prior to our special education school due to bleeding out so often.

The behavior of people online who want me to call her a male pisses me off as well.

And the way other people online say that me calling her a lesbian woman is wrong, doesn't represent how I witnessed her struggle by dating her own two friends in our group to the point they club snubbed for "cheating."

I never really referred to her as a male, because we were both Tomboys, and it was cool to be an anime weeb with the other teens.

(One friend in the club snub was sort of a third wheel type of girl, other was a trans woman who already had a boyfriend-Who had encouraged the operation, much to her uncertainty of how others would treat her.)

@MasterDarkwingz Bipolar Depression Disorder is something my Grandmother has. She was a Tomboy growing up, according to my mother, who told me the story of how she, and my Grandfather met, so maybe there's a connection.

As for what people want to be called, I don't care, I'll call you it, if I respect you, and only kind hearted, genuinely kind hearted people can earn that. I don't respect horrible people, because they have not earned that. And yeah, I know all to well the cult mentality of those whom tell you to call them by their new name, or "pronouns", even when the person in question is still on the fence, and still trying to figure themselves out. It commenly happens during the transitional period between childhood, and adolescence. The human body goes through hormonal changes, as well as chemical changes, and a chemical imbalance of the brain has in the past been attributed to many mental illness issues, and instability. Even simple psychotic rage.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz Bipolar Depression Disorder is something my Grandmother has. She was a Tomboy growing up, according to my mother, who told me the story of how she, and my Grandfather met, so maybe there's a connection.

As for what people want to be called, I don't care, I'll call you it, if I respect you, and only kind hearted, genuinely kind hearted people can earn that. I don't respect horrible people, because they have not earned that. And yeah, I know all to well the cult mentality of those whom tell you to call them by their new name, or "pronouns", even when the person in question is still on the fence, and still trying to figure themselves out. It commonly happens during the transitional period between childhood, and adolescence. The human body goes through hormonal changes, as well as chemical changes, and a chemical imbalance of the brain has in the past been attributed to many mental illness issues, and instability. Even simple psychotic rage.

Huh, that really is interesting. My grandmother- from what I hear, was a "proper" German woman with gloves, shoulder pads, and everything. (But then again, she had lung cancer. And probably wasn't actually genetically as German as she thought.)

Thankfully, more medical research is indeed going into the brain. It's just that tempting not to research, and I thank the nerds with degrees.

I would probably recommend SEGA keep in mind that teenagers are all around the internet, even if they're not allowed to play with us adults on PSO2 without permission.

And, in this era- teenagers are as free range as they were back in the days where forest bark was your tablet.

Back on topic, this whole thing from Capcom is a good insight into the insanity that's spread into different industries. Nobody wants , or cares to have the political, or moral views of others shoved down their throats, and I view this as one of the major issues of our times. I don't care what side of the isle, or fence you politically sit on, this needs to stop. I don't care about what Republicans think, just as much as I detest what some fat left Democrates think. I don't want activists to have their say, anywhere other then where it matters, and where sanity and cohesive beliefs allow it. I don't want that in my average games, much less PSO2. It belongs in the governmental discussions, as well as the courts. Not in games, not in movies, and if this is why content in PSO2 was cut, it needs to stop.

@MasterDarkwingz Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to cut you off, but we were derailing. We could continue this conversation in DMs if you'd like, as it's interesting.

I'm aware, but yes. I sincerely hope that SEGA doesn't invite hackers to expose documents like this.

Japan might finally be done with America in more than the anime industry.

@MasterDarkwingz Sega has a fan base that's too niche for that. Whomever was responsible for the Capcom thing was likely paid off, and it likely wasn't politically motivated, as they were after source code. The internal memos were a bonus that they thought would sow chaos if they had their fan base pissed off at them. A diversionary tactic likely.

And I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. Japanese content is, and possibly soon to be, was my primary escape from all this politically motivated BS in gaming. Anime is my go to escape from the average television content here in America. The only stuff Amerca has pumped out recently that I liked, was on the caliber of the walking dead.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz Sega has a fan base that's too niche for that. Whomever was responsible for the Capcom thing was likely paid off, and it likely wasn't politically motivated, as they were after source code. The internal memos were a bonus that they thought would sow chaos if they had their fan base pissed off at them. A diversionary tactic likely.

The best diversionary tactic is the one that works.

SEGA's fanbase isn't so niche, now that Sonic is going to have a sequel movie catering the the fan demand of not shitty graphics.

@MasterDarkwingz You gotta admit that fixing their mistakes after they changed Sonic to the waking nightmare, and back to the true Sonic's looks, was, and still is a boss move.

Edit: Pretty sure you weren't talking about the movie, but I had to throw that in there.