Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I had a thought and I doubt it would have any impact whatsoever but I wanted your guy’s feedback.

1. Would removing the cm for the height slider make any difference? If you didn’t know how short that was, would it still give the same feelings of discomfort some people have?

2. If the height restrictions also applied to NPCs/aux, would that have any impact either?

I don't think it'd matter too much. It's a point for people to gripe on, but the characters would still be taller with or without a number.

The height restrictions are applied to auxiliaries as far as I know, but it's something that's consistently glossed over. The auxiliaries use the same character creator, but they're on a smaller scale. They're not actually shorter, they're scaled down. A good way of describing this is comparing yourself to a Barbie doll. She's not shorter than you, she's shrunken down to a different size where our 11.5" is her 5.8'.

@ApollosAmour said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The height restrictions are applied to auxiliaries as far as I know, but it's something that's consistently glossed over. The auxiliaries use the same character creator, but they're on a smaller scale. They're not actually shorter, they're scaled down. A good way of describing this is comparing yourself to a Barbie doll. She's not shorter than you, she's shrunken down to a different size where our 11.5" is her 5.8'.

I wonder why this fact about auxiliaries is always overlooked in these discussions?

Also there would be an issue if this was changed since them being small is mentioned in Episode 2 of the story.

Huh, this thread is still going I see.

Lol.

@Praxithea-Von I wouldn't bother replying to him. Based on how he talks to the moderators here, he doesn't have respect for them, or anyone for that matter. At the very least he hasn't made the effort to. I saw his comment last night and ignored it.

Also, I haven't seen you on these forums in a while, how are you?

True that, figured I'd point out the obvious to them, figured they could use the help lol.

as for me, I'm not bad, just been playing Genshin/FFXIV recently, the usuals! how about you?

@Praxithea-Von Sorry for the very late reply. I'm doing well enough. Been busy looking for a new source of income, been jumping through hoops since the pandemic started. Employers are just as likely to fire you, as they are to hire you right now, given the economic impact of it. Knee jerk reactions to gains and losses of revenue and business growth. Uncertain about the number of sustainable employees, some companies are more noble than others in this instance. So I'm otherwise just passing the time with PSO2, or furthering my reading comprehension skills. Glad to hear you are doing well, take care.

So Capcom got hacked, and you'll never guess what was in the the leaked files!

That's right, political correctness! Welp. Let's just hope that SEGA won't go down the censorship route any further.

Although, those leaked files certainly would explain why Story 4 had nuked content.

Video coverage

Good it got leaked. It gives more reasonable people in their actual fanbase a chance to shout it down before they move forward with it.

I mean, was anyone really surprised? MHW every female is ugly and your handler is a literal troglodyte, and in DMC5 Trish and Lady have been savaged with ugly stick and Nico is.. uhh.. for the people with acquired taste who are into trashy rednecks.

@havox4

It was surprisingly difficult to make a beautiful girl in MHW compared to the older games. I managed but it took thirteen tries to get it right and it required several tricks like removing skin blotchiness and reshaping lips with layers of makeup. Older games just had cute faces already, I don’t know what they were thinking.

@havox4 I admit that i haven't playd DMC5 yet, but maybe they just got older? Like, aren't all the male characters older too? Or do you people just ignore that 'cause it doesn't make the blood flow to your loins? Can't be masturbator material forever, although that seem like the exact opposite of the usual japanese things. Huh, now that is a surprise.

Here's the part about political correctness as posted on the Niche Gamer website, so those wanting to just read it can do so. Do take note of the very first line before forming your full opinion.

Editor’s Note: The following information utilizes unverified third party translation.

Among the documentation includes a presentation on political correctness and advertising materials, and how to avoid drama and controversy. This includes avoiding the use of language that can be deemed as discriminatory or prejudice, and will result in new guidelines for each region’s PR and advertising material creators.

Even so, some of the documentation discusses what to do and what to avoid as though it applied to game designers, though this may be the result of how it was translated into English. This includes gender neutral cosmetic options, only featuring certain ethnicities or portraying them as unequal or stereotypical, and avoiding sexual or obscene language and jokes unless inevitable based on the context of a story or narrative.

Sexuality, LGBTQ, and women were also discussed. One slide features The Last of Us Part II and Shadow of the Tomb Raider as being positive examples of LGBTQ characters; and that such characters should be portrayed as appealing as male characters (and promoted in the same way). Capcom do note that certain regions view LGBTQ characters negatively.

Meanwhile, Nintendo’s Princess Peach and Zelda were used as examples of negative stereotypes of women due to being damsels in distress. This is in spite of the image used for Zelda being from Breath of the Wild; where the character takes a more pro-active role.

The presentation also asks to defer to the localizers of different regions and vendors to make sure certain content is appropriate. Examples include Arab localization and content featuring pigs, the use of Happy Holidays over Merry Christmas, and numbers or expressions that may refer to the Nazi party.

The presentation recommends characters that appeal to a wide range of people, with male and female player characters being treated the same within a video game. Custom characters should be able to have any haircut or facial hair, and various body types.

Sex appeal, such as bikini costumes or lewd poses and costumes, should be equal between men and women, and serve a purpose in the context of the story. However, costumes cannot appeal to only one kind of user base, such as only one gender.

Capcom used their own games as examples of this. While a shirtless costume for Street Fighter‘s Ryu was fine, R. Mika’s butt-smashing super move was not. Cases where an armor set in Monster Hunter World shows more skin on the female character was also seen as a bad thing.

Likewise, while Spider-Man Miles Morales was seen as a positive portrayal of non-white races, while Street Fighter‘s Dee Jay wearing a Rastafarian hat was not.

It should be noted that while this documentation indicates a presentation was likely given, it is unknown how Capcom have acted based on it. In the US, certain diversity and political correctness courses for businesses are mandatory under state law, or provide incentives such as lower taxes.

Similar may have occurred with Capcom in Japan; as a western investor discovering no discussion on political correctness could cause them to create outcry.

Here's also another interesting link on the theme of Sony and censorship. https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/27/new-sony-censorship-policy-is-forcing-even-japanese-developers-to-censor-themselves-in-japan/

And https://nichegamer.com/2020/11/08/sonys-playstation-reportedly-losing-faith-in-japan-while-microsoft-seeks-acquisitions/

See any relations?

Whatever happened to just telling a story, and writing characters to fit said story, or vice versa? You know good characters to tell a story? Who cares what the average person likes? The average person only recently picked up gaming to pass the time until Covid can be even remotely slowed. When these companies stop focusing on return business, and lose focus on making happy the very people that gave these companies the ability to make it into an industry, and instead focus on getting new money, the entire business model implodes. Look at any major corporation that's recently been downsizing, and selling off subsidiaries, and you will see the truth in that. The only politics that belong in a game, are the ones at the core of that universes story, not real life BS.

@Anarchy-Marine According to Politically Correct indoctrination, they cannot admit that stories must be handpicked in a very racist way.

So they just invent fancy terminology, such as "accept identity," rather than acknowledging if a person actually truly acts beyond medically manageable dysphoria. In which, the already confused youth become even more confused.

Or at least, that's what everyone keeps saying in terms of gender and BPD. (IE- Political Correctness is communism speech.)

I'm on the Autistim Spectrum, so I can call such Politically Correct obsessed people insane and say that they're in need of medical attention however much I want. And they'll still get angry at me for pointing out that I recognize those in need of mental evaluation.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, you know. And it's honestly kind of sad, because I hear YouTubers talk all the time about how people like that are already seeing a therapist. Therapy is garbage, it never helped me. It's just a liar asking you to lie about your feelings that they don't care about.