Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@ZorokiHanuke

I agree about auxiliaries, they honestly don’t bother me at all because they look like an adult, the proportions are all wrong for a child. Mine doesn’t even look like a short adult, its proportions look more like a toy.

I 100% believe the creeps I witnessed would absolutely take advantage of the height slider. I already see characters as short as mine with proportions of a prepubescent girl wearing the Duskwake outfit with revolting screennames hinting that they’re jailbait. Maybe they’re doing it to get a rise out of people but it’s awful. They’ve already shown they don’t care if they get banned posting graphic lolicon symbol art and my first alliance recruitment was from some creepy group idolizing that stuff.

I believe you’re right about TERA. I haven’t played in over a year so my memory’s fuzzy but I remember you could pay for a customization for Elins to enlarge their hips and things like that. I remember trying really dang hard to make mine look not so babyfaced because my favorite class was racelocked to Elin. Same with B&S and Lyn. Lyn to my knowledge only can have breasts with bikinis, which is disappointing. You can make them as tall as the shortest Jin and I have seen some good attempts at adult Lyns by shrinking the head, less anime face, ect.

That’s concerning and might be a good reason SEGA censored them then. I don’t know much about character models, other than a brief period of IMVU creations. Why is the genitalia even detailed? None of the outfits expose to that degree.

I don’t know what kind of work it would require to permanently attach an inner armor to shorter characters but I really hope it can be done.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

One thing I was surprised to see from PSO2 models is how intricately detailed their genitalia area is for this kind of game.

That's something I've noticed about DCUO in the past, it was super weird. From a cultural standpoint it makes far more sense for Japanese games to be doing that sort of thing.

@ZorokiHanuke I'm not even arguing for Japan's lowest height, which is a ridiculous 130 something, (134?) I'm looking for it to drop to somewhere close to an in between of Staratos, and Io on a personal level. Cast males shorter for the cars some users were trying to make. Something reasonable for those that want to cosplay specific characters from other media, or re-create characters from the game itself. Stratos for instance is 100% impossible, as is Io. It's not my cup of tea, but I know some players like the challenge, like that one user that painstakingly tried for a Matoi.

@Milk I personally believe that most cases out there would be trolls wanting attention and a laugh, with the real cases either hiding it or having a different approach. Then again, one or the other, the resulting effect on others is pretty much the same amount of disgust. I personally play these games nowadays with a sense of heightened alertness, having been the subject of many advances from creeps throughout the years. I suppose many believe I'm a girl or something, perhaps because of how I type. So whatevs...

@Mattwo7 I remember playing DCUO back then, but when I did, I wasn't too involved with Blender and 3D models. Then again, DCUO's models were of course made to represent the heroic human proportions as seen in comics, all while wearing mostly shape showing latex-like outfits.

@Anarchy-Marine Indeed lowest height would have been nice for certain things and tropes. Like short robots, the car/place/cycle avatars and other not sexual things. But as with everything, if there's a way to corrupt something, people in charge will have to put a blanket limit to it if the specific cases cannot be controlled. And that's apparently the reason we are in the situation we are.

@ZorokiHanuke

Yeah it’s probably shock value, I’ve seen similar things in games, heck there’s a Lalafell named Jailbait in my world on ffxiv that dresses as skimpy as the game will allow. I don’t react because that’s what they want. Haha don’t feel bad, my husband and I remake our D&D characters and every time he’s on his girl character he gets a bunch of creeps.

@ZorokiHanuke Games die off because of an over attempt to control though. It used to be because of zero moderation, but now it's inverted to it being far too much, as players feel like they can't just be themselves like they used to. They have to consistently step on eggshells to appease everyone else's sensibilities, which is plain stupid. That's why trolls even exist. They see themselves as a bunch of rebels fighting everyone else, that includes the system, and other players. That's why they get a laugh out of it. They see it all as stupid. Likely the same types that thrived on zero moderation, not liking any moderation at all. They will tell you it's for the lolz, as to make appear as if there is no reason for their actions, but that is a lie. It's why the more you ask them to stop, the more you feed them, which is why its best to ignore and block them. That's why I say their actions shouldn't dictate what the company does, as they'd do it with, or without the censorship. Where there's a will, there is a way, and these people are willful.

The ones that aren't trolls, and are just perverts, have a 60/40 shot of either being a complete creep, or beimg otherwise kind and down to earth, with the creepy people being in the minority. Even in real life, creeps are a minority sub group of humanity, which is why they stay hidden so well. Which is also why its hard to tell the difference between someone just trying to be funny, and someone that is into some more questionable sh*t, and the decent ones unfortunately always get roped into being seen as one large group with the creeps and trolls. That's another reason I always say walk away from the situation, because unless you bother to get to know those people, you won't know who they really are. And people easily offended, will never have bothered talking to those that offend them.

@Anarchy-Marine I personally don't think a game can die exclusively because of over censoring. I want to bring forth the part about games dying off not for a single reason. And in the case of over censoring, it would be one of the reasons. Of course it's fair to say that people DO leave games just because of censoring (I myself have left games or never touched them from the start for less). I don't know how many and how much impact they may have to a game's population. I'll leave that to those who know and to those who claim to know. But as I see how the industry goes, things happen for more than one reason.

As for trolls or real creeps or whatever, I try to treat everyone as people, because there are human beings behind those keyboards. And if they do not act in a way that deserves my attention, I leave them be and move on. By now, I'm used to these kinds of players, so I just poker face away from them.

@ZorokiHanuke Understandable. You wouldn't be alone in treating people like that. I was talking about those that always treat individuals like groups, rather than what they are, which is individuals.

@Lorelei-Moira said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Liam-J-McAdam I agree with the handler comment, which basically feels wrong.

Master may have a somewhat sexual connotation to it but changing it handler just makes it sound... wrong.

Your master orders you to do X is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than Your handler orders you to do X, too.

Master is used in anime as a sort of Mastery and Apprenticeship thing, so Sensei (Teacher) would've been a closer linguistic match.

(Considering the guild system is only utilized in the modern trade industry for individuals who don't want companies to own their work.)

I also want to point out that if it was changed due to the possibility of Auxiliary skin color and "muh blackface racism," then the ones sending SEGA this data are the racists for not actually sticking to Japanese culture in their translations and localization.

(Which is literally colorblind to the point that JP citizens didn't understand why cosplaying as a Drow in Community was "bad.")

For some reason, only America sees fantasy characters/races as actual real things. And this is why America is a literal joke in the anime Hetalia.

Another word that would work for Auxiliaries being more of a mercenary/vassal would be My Liege.

The best option would be to let us set a Nickname for our character at this point, seeing how the only person viewing our Auxiliary is the user who placed the settings. (And account sharing is illegal, so yeah. Over censorship much?)

alt text

@Mattwo7 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

One thing I was surprised to see from PSO2 models is how intricately detailed their genitalia area is for this kind of game.

That's something I've noticed about DCUO in the past, it was super weird. From a cultural standpoint it makes far more sense for Japanese games to be doing that sort of thing.

I'm really glad they have body details like that since I actually feel like I'm playing a man lol The FFXIV bodies are almost null in how they're built. The girls are built really strangely though. The bellybuttons and that posture...

@Milk said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@ZorokiHanuke

Yeah it’s probably shock value, I’ve seen similar things in games, heck there’s a Lalafell named Jailbait in my world on ffxiv that dresses as skimpy as the game will allow. I don’t react because that’s what they want. Haha don’t feel bad, my husband and I remake our D&D characters and every time he’s on his girl character he gets a bunch of creeps.

Unfortunately I keep running into that too. Anyone that says they haven't bumped into someone named Loli or saw someone spamming SAs with little girls is a liar at this point.

@ApollosAmour

I agree with that but I also acknowledge that it’s a (very vocal) minority on my ship. A few bad eggs ruin the nest.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The best option would be to let us set a Nickname for our character at this point, seeing how the only person viewing our Auxiliary is the user who placed the settings. (And account sharing is illegal, so yeah. Over censorship much?)

It's not very common, but you can see other peoples' Auxes during certain emergency codes in expeditions/certain UQs (like wind and rain).

@Akonyl Aux's are chosen at random from the pool of players on the field, and anyone can have their specific aux show up. Anyone that's played the game knows this. I'm surprised the other user you replied to didn't know that.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Akonyl Aux's are chosen at random from the pool of players on the field, and anyone can have their specific aux show up. Anyone that's played the game knows this. I'm surprised the other user you replied to didn't know that.

@Akonyl said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It's not very common, but you can see other peoples' Auxes during certain emergency codes in expeditions/certain UQs (like wind and rain).

Because it's not very common, it's pretty easy to see the standard set of NPCs for rescue missions.

That's why Auxiliary settings usually don't matter when they do show up, because "Rescue the Auxiliary" is a rare mission.

And this is, after all, a Mature rated game- IE: Sexual innuendos and references are abound.

So according to the obvious outside translative interpretation, censorship of Master is over censorship.

@MasterDarkwingz I didn't disagree with it being over censorship, I disagreed with the notion that you can't see other people's Auxiliaries. And it pops often enough, that I see it once or twice in the few hours a day I get to play, given my power supply issues. Cooler weather is right around the corner, so I'll likely get a more accurate representation of how often it appears.