Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Mochigao said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Do you perhaps have a support line I can ring up? I know Sega of America has one, if not.

Sega America is busy localizing NGS, they're not involved in this localization, in case it wasn't already blatantly obvious that the people who localize Yakuza (the same people I might add, who added back the cut content to the Yakuza 3 remake, which really just goes to show Sony America isn't to blame here either) are not involved in this localization.

@Liam-J-McAdam said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

it's clear that they were trying to prevent ERP scenarios where someone goes into the opposite bathroom.

If that were true, they would have known that wouldn't work because they're RPing to begin with...

Also on the subject of mixed bathrooms, if it's just a room with a toilet or an outhouse like these, there's no problem with it being unisex but if it's a walk-in one with stalls and stuff, that's where things start to get messy.

@Liam-J-McAdam I used to work at the city shipyard where they employ some pretty rough company and those bathrooms were a nightmare lol But women make a real mess in certain bathrooms too, like department stores and office buildings lol

@Mattwo7 Unless you're joking, don't at all think they don't have multiple departments - one of which should be a support division for payment issues. I seriously doubt their localization departments manage credit card payments.

@Mattwo7 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

those laws you know and remember don't matter when you go one state over

That's not entirely true for a large number of reasons, not least of which being federal law. We also have county and local levels of law. You're also implying most of us actually bother to learn every law, which is actually not true, we mostly learn the ones that apply pretty much everywhere...

For the most part large parts of the law are usually similar enough or outright the same in nearby areas on any level of the law. For example, things like littering, jaywalking and murder are pretty much always illegal on the local level. Granted none of those three are ever properly enforced, which in the former and later cases, is always a bad thing (and the former can even lead to third degree murder of innocent animals, which is illegal under federal law and most likely California state law).

We have FBI, highway patrol/state police, sheriffs (county level) and local cops (the ones at the center of recent controversy, though the FBI can be just as bad at times, not sure about the other two though).

More or less yes.

I mean some things are just braindead illegal like murdering someone, robbing them so yeah that's just a nobrainer.

But when it comes to laws about sexual stuff from when someone is legal, illegal, when they can dress how they want, date who they want etc, it becomes really really muddled across the world and even in the US.

No seriously, look up the age of consent in the USA, it's different in nearly all states with different mandates for different ages.

On another hand we also have trouble when it comes to creating ''art''.

I am using ''art'' loosely because to some people, dressing up a virtual character in X way is NOT art, and to another it is.

For instance creating a character that looks like a F1 racecar is pretty badass and art in my opinion while just blankly putting a single skimpy swimsuit on a tiny loli is not, but in the general sense, that too is art.

And when does this art start to hurt somebody? That line is ever so blurred and thin over many countries and laws.

@Mochigao said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Mattwo7 Unless you're joking, don't at all think they don't have multiple departments - one of which should be a support division for payment issues. I seriously doubt their localization departments manage credit card payments.

I don't think you understand what I meant when I said Sega America is too busy working on NGS, the localization is being headed entirely by Sega Japan, that's why they outsourced everything that requires a good amount of knowledge of the English language... The translation went to Lionbridge and the PR went to ESTSoft (is this not common knowledge by this point?). Sega America wouldn't have needed to do that...

Either way, ringing up Sega America would be a waste of your time because they're not involved yet...

Either Sega censored this innerwear or they posted the wrong innerwear for the AC scratch showcase, since that pretty much is the Smart Innerwear that Global is missing for no reason.

ulSkZ5QCHDF.png

@SternalVessel61 I like how you overlooked "Motov's Forbidden Book" in the Omega Luther UQ announcement.

@Mattwo7 I've overlooked what now?

motovbook.PNG

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Motav_Grimoire

If you ask me they should have at least called it the Motavonomicon, not only would that work better for a book called a grimoire but it would also get bonus points for the obligatory pop culture references in online games lol.

@Mattwo7 Oh, that. Yeah, you're correct about that. I hadn't been on the Omega Luther UQ page prior of you mentioning about it. At least it has the right effect for the weapon potential written unlike Gix.

@SternalVessel61 They posted the wrong one, was pointed out in another thread.

Came here to say something about the Royal Fantasy censorship, now I'm just appalled at how despite the presence of this thread and it being here for so long MS/Sega(Iunno who is responsible for the censorship) has given not a single **** and continued to cut content.

I'm a pc player, if anything these decisions feel designed to push me towards just playing on JP. All I know is I'm done spending any money on this release, fashion is a big part of the endgame, with as expensive as it is paying for premium, inventory, character storage, and character slots- what is the point of investing and waiting for content they will either just censor or remove entirely? JP has an English patch, better translations, is cheaper (e.g. sg much easier to farm for etc), up to date content, and no censorship of course. This isn't even going into the major technical issues caused exclusively by greed, such as the MS store nightmare.

Hate to say this but it needs to be said, the mmo I played before this had censorship as well, didn't get fixed until the publisher went bankrupt and another company bought the localization rights and felt different about the issue. Not trying to deter anyone from making their voice heard, if anything I hope it inspires people to make a much bigger stink about this because it takes a mountain of pressure to get a company to reverse these decisions. If there is one thing anyone reading this post will take with them, I hope it is that statement.

Thanks for ruining an otherwise great game MS/Sega, you make me sick.

@Shinjukusomodin said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Came here to say something about the Royal Fantasy censorship, now I'm just appalled at how despite the presence of this thread and it being here for so long MS/Sega(Iunno who is responsible for the censorship) has given not a single **** and continued to cut content.

I'm a pc player, if anything these decisions feel designed to push me towards just playing on JP. All I know is I'm done spending any money on this release, fashion is a big part of the endgame, with as expensive as it is paying for premium, inventory, character storage, and character slots- what is the point of investing and waiting for content they will either just censor or remove entirely? JP has an English patch, better translations, is cheaper (e.g. sg much easier to farm for etc), up to date content, and no censorship of course. This isn't even going into the major technical issues caused exclusively by greed, such as the MS store nightmare.

Hate to say this but it needs to be said, the mmo I played before this had censorship as well, didn't get fixed until the publisher went bankrupt and another company bought the localization rights and felt different about the issue. Not trying to deter anyone from making their voice heard, if anything I hope it inspires people to make a much bigger stink about this because it takes a mountain of pressure to get a company to reverse these decisions. If there is one thing anyone reading this post will take with them, I hope it is that statement.

Still a good game. I would say go to the JP servers if you feel this way. Its better to act and not just talk. It will show a message when the player base continues to go down from many, many different reasons.

Might I ask what game you played before this? I'm curious and would like to look into that game as well.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Shinjukusomodin said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Still a good game. I would say go to the JP servers if you feel this way. Its better to act and not just talk. It will show a message when the player base continues to go down from many, many different reasons.

Might I ask what game you played before this? I'm curious and would like to look into that game as well.

Get bent, I already said I'm acting by withholding any purchases made for this version of the game, and making once voice heard is very much acting. You can also keep your apologist attitude, everything you enjoy in this world has come from others fighting for it while the ignorant such as yourself defend the status quo.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo A few of the players wanting the uncensored content have characters on JP. They will just be porting their JP characters to JP NG. Those who don't have JP characters will have to weight which they want more. Their characters or an uncensored client. I mean, it's clear the game has added even more censors by now, and will most likely add more of it as more updates come. It seems to be part of the plan and that plan apparently won't change. So might as well cut your loses and move to JP if you are against censored content, or stay in Global and live with Communist PSO2.

Careful, they might be watching... lol (As if, that country usually gets their own hand tailored game clients.)

@TheMerfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@GM-Deynger said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Hi all, just checking in to let you know that this feedback is being reported. And for those who are against censorship, just know that your opinions are reflected too.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time a GM has ever directly referred to the issue being censorship. We might just be getting somewhere.

It depends on how complex the situation is.

(Contracts with outside companies who have connection to a competitive company, money involved, and whatnot.)

We could be looking at a big livestream meting between Community Managers of Global and JP if they choose to go public with the final decision.