Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Anarchy-Marine shots with innerwear was removed from the global version, to risque for the western eyes.

@HarmlessSyan That's odd because I remember shots with the innerwear, it was shown around the time they mentioned the glossy surface to denote sweat, or wetness of skin often the result of swimming or rain. Also the hands/fingers moving meme.

The only thing not shown was height sliders. It's been a few months since I watched it though.

@HarmlessSyan Weird. Must have changed shortly after the announcement, or my memory is getting worse now. (For context, every year I age, my mental acuity, and memory recollection ability, drop.) That's a bit worrisome. At any rate, I concede that I was mistaken, and that the innerwear scene was in fact cut out, and it makes little to no sense.

@Anarchy-Marine If I remember correctly, both videos were changed to reflect the M rating, since the old ones had a T rating on them. So if things were removed from the current showing, it means the video with the T rating was ironically more uncensored than the one with the M rating.

@ZorokiHanuke Wouldn't be the first weird change though, lol.

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

The gender restricted doors in the Hotsprings Alliance Base were removed.

They could have at least replaced them with unisex doors wtf?

@Archetype-Luna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

In the 2020 Road Map Announcement, it stated:

Well, we intend to keep this promise while also making sure series veterans and newcomers alike get to experience the story unfolding with each new episode release as it was originally intended.

These cutscenes, no matter how minor you believe them to be, are story content and are part of the story as it was originally intended.

Well they're going to have to include the character CDs, as was pointed out in the Episode 4-5 story's board, there's a cutscene where they're referenced.

The Moral Debate.

I'm entirely certain that it's the Uzaki-Chan controversy that's to blame tor the height restriction. Japan has likely started to think westerners are adverse to shorter adults than we're used to or something.

I hope Sega America takes over PSO2classic when NGS comes out...

Well at least Global has given JP English players something that JP couldn't. A forum.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Well at least Global has given JP English players something that JP couldn't. A forum.

I mean there IS PSO-World.

The Auxiliary text has been changed from "Master" to "Handler".

Screenshot_20201018-140332.png

🤔

What kind of idjit thinks Gender restricted doors are worth censoring? you kidding? ever heard of a mens bathroom and a womens bathroom?

Seperating men from women for certain things has nothing to do with discrimination, and often more to do with respect.

A woman should not be put in a position where she is doing something so private in front of men unless she really doesn't care, and that's kinda not usually the case.

Same for men, I know plenty of men who don't want the ladies to be able to see them even half naked just anytime.

@Mattwo7 I think it's also a major cultural difference on how they see people and ages.

Personally I think Asians are more mature earlier than Westerners.

And they are raised differently which is causing controversy..

For instance in america, you have so many states with different methods and teachings on how you are raised and so many laws based around kids that differ from state to state.

In Japan, it's just solely one law.

I'm from Finland and here we are thinking of placing certain laws lower in age such as Criminal laws.

Here in Finland, once you turn 15-16 all your criminal records are erased (Except if you murder someone) and so we are thinking of lowering it to 12 since kids are already taught about said laws in school.

Meanwhile in America if yer in one state, those laws you know and remember don't matter when you go one state over which causes confusion and mixups.

@ZeeHero9271 Hilariously... I remember people wanting gender neutral bathrooms and so on.

There should be 3 doors instead of 1 united door in my opinion.

Male, Female, Unisex.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

those laws you know and remember don't matter when you go one state over

That's not entirely true for a large number of reasons, not least of which being federal law. We also have county and local levels of law. You're also implying most of us actually bother to learn every law, which is actually not true, we mostly learn the ones that apply pretty much everywhere...

For the most part large parts of the law are usually similar enough or outright the same in nearby areas on any level of the law. For example, things like littering, jaywalking and murder are pretty much always illegal on the local level. Granted none of those three are ever properly enforced, which in the former and later cases, is always a bad thing (and the former can even lead to third degree murder of innocent animals, which is illegal under federal law and most likely California state law).

We have FBI, highway patrol/state police, sheriffs (county level) and local cops (the ones at the center of recent controversy, though the FBI can be just as bad at times, not sure about the other two though).

@Mattwo7 said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I mean there IS PSO-World.

ssshhhh people might actually go there!