Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

The game is rated M for mature yet has a profanity filter we can't turn off- when it should not have one AT ALL. Nor should it have censorship in any way shape or form.

@GM-Deynger said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Hi all, just checking in to let you know that this feedback is being reported. And for those who are against censorship, just know that your opinions are reflected too.

I definitely do feel that the GM's and support staff are not appreciated enough, and that they are too often thrown under the bus due to people thinking that they are the same as the developers when they are not. We have to remember that while our feedback are forwarded by the GM's, that no promises are made on if the developers will follow through with any of it.

I would like to take this time to say that I am grateful for the GM's and support staff's work.

I agree, although I would like to know if the long delay in customer support tickets is due to COVID understaffing issues or some other important thing, I understand if it cant be avoided.

@ZeeHero9271 I believe support ticket issues that are not related to forums, are not handled by the forum GM team. @Archetype-Luna Isn't that the part the sub contractor handles?

Since a GM has said something about the voices against censorship have been heard, I'm going to speak up and say, I believe the NA global version should remain the way it is. I know there are a lot of people who play that feel the same way and aren't here to voice it, because its not a problem for them. We don't need slutty child roleplayers (this is a serious issue that exists and can't be ignored. Happens on FFXIV all the time with Lalafell, and its disguisting). I get not everyone who wants the height restrictions removed falls in this camp. Also don't really need to see kids mostly naked. People are up in arms over censorship and how its always bad, and that just not the case. Human trafficking and abuse of minors is a serious issue, and needs to be stamped out. Sure, they're fictional characters, no living person was hurt in these scenes. But that doesn't change the fact that stuff like that can be a gateway for people, and lead them to seek out actual child victims. I'd rather have, some basewear censored (even if I do think that was unnescary but in the end it doesn't bother me) and go a bit to far than not enough.

@Lady-Azuryth How about no, you're bringing issues that have no relevance to this complaint of censorship and there is no sometimes good censorship. This game also is rate M meanwhile ff14 is rated T meaning this game has no reason to censor.

Square Enix has not changed lalafells at all (nor should they) and Sega has no reason to continue the idiotic censorship, even less than Square Enix may have for lalas.

Games with good customization will always be abused by some, the only way to prevent this abuse is cut out all customization and force play with pre constructed characters, which of course no one wants.

The fact some will abuse a feature is never any sort of argument against said feature, as far as customization goes.

@Lady-Azuryth Your heart is in the right place. Everyone should be fighting against human trafficking and pedophilia. But I don't think this is the right place for it. Heck, I even think that saying this about this game is insulting the Japanese who are playing the JP version since, if they are playing that and not protesting it, does that make them pedophiles? Are they using PSO2 as a gateway for perverted and criminal thoughts? Are we going to accuse them of that? They are as human as us despite different cultures. The difference it seems is that they know where to draw the line between fiction and reality, since they don't need a censor that apparently the west desperately needs.

I posted a study from a research group a bunch of pages back. If I find it I'll re-link it. It showed that there was no definite proof that fictional drawings/paintings/video games depicting fictional acts with minors encouraged real life acts. So the "gateway" idea, as logical as it may sound, hasn't even been proven. The censors in this game were more about culture and morals. In Japanese anime, sexual stuff is usually made mostly for comedic value, while the west, due to Christianity and similar religions, see sex and nudity in a different way. So censoring has more to do with Christian culture and the morals it has etched on the west, than any criminal act prevention. At least this is my opinion, as best as I can express it right now.

So what is the right place, to me, to fight against the criminal acts you speak about? In your home with your kids. At school with other kids and their parents. How? Showing them affection. Letting them know they are valued and important. Teaching them how to stay safe instead of letting TV and the Internet to do the job for you. Because many cases of abuse come from kids who believe they are being neglected by their parents and peers, and they don't know how to handle themselves online, which ends of in them being convinced by criminals who appear to give them what they feel their parents are not giving them. So teaching, loving and protecting real life kids is, to me, the real battleground anyone seeking to fight against human trafficking and pedophilia should go to.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Lady-Azuryth Your heart is in the right place. Everyone should be fighting against human trafficking and pedophilia. But I don't think this is the right place for it. Heck, I even think that saying this about this game is insulting the Japanese who are playing the JP version since, if they are playing that and not protesting it, does that make them pedophiles? Are they using PSO2 as a gateway for perverted and criminal thoughts? Are we going to accuse them of that? They are as human as us despite different cultures. The difference it seems is that they know where to draw the line between fiction and reality, since they don't need a censor that apparently the west desperately needs.

I posted a study from a research group a bunch of pages back. If I find it I'll re-link it. It showed that there was no definite proof that fictional drawings/paintings/video games depicting fictional acts with minors encouraged real life acts. So the "gateway" idea, as logical as it may sound, hasn't even been proven. The censors in this game were more about culture and morals. In Japanese anime, sexual stuff is usually made mostly for comedic value, while the west, due to Christianity and similar religions, see sex and nudity in a different way. So censoring has more to do with Christian culture and the morals it has etched on the west, than any criminal act prevention. At least this is my opinion, as best as I can express it right now.

So what is the right place, to me, to fight against the criminal acts you speak about? In your home with your kids. At school with other kids and their parents. How? Showing them affection. Letting them know they are valued and important. Teaching them how to stay safe instead of letting TV and the Internet to do the job for you. Because many cases of abuse come from kids who believe they are being neglected by their parents and peers, and they don't know how to handle themselves online, which ends of in them being convinced by criminals who appear to give them what they feel their parents are not giving them. So teaching, loving and protecting real life kids is, to me, the real battleground anyone seeking to fight against human trafficking and pedophilia should go to.

Don't you know that every Japanese person and fan that likes playing these characters are CLEARLY pedophiles?! /s These people don't care with their dumbass blanket as fuck statements lmao.

I don't understand where people are getting the idea that people are acting out what they see or do in video games, this has been proven false for decades by countless studies. Human trafficking? This smells like a Q drone.

@Lintaur @Lemon-Sama I believe this is a case of people seeing things through their own culturally colored glasses. This is very easy to fall into, and I've seen even intelligent people doing it. When people don't see or can't understand other cultures than their own, and see things in other cultures that go counter to what they have learned is the norm, they will demonize it and call it a bad thing.

I have also reposted a link somewhere about how Christian Americans went to Japan some centuries ago, and after seeing how Japanese handled themselves back then with that stuff about public baths, the gifting of sexually explicit paintings and walking semi naked in public, these Americans pretty much told them that the west would see them in a bad light, because the west had different cultures. The Japanese adapted, but also saw flaw in the public shows of affection westerners practiced, like hugs and kissing. So yes, what we have here currently in anime and video games, are remnants of these cultural shocks and clashes, and people holding to their own cultures (which is not a bad thing) will see and judge others using their own culture, instead of seeing beyond it.

Then again, it's hard to see other cultures when the products in question are entering your own region. And if anything, at least as courtesy, those products should adapt to the region they are entering, regardless of onigiri not being donuts, or how different people see some fictional groping between fictional minors in a bath.

This post is deleted!

Just to temper some expectations I know the GM said he would send over the feedback and all but I don't think they went through the work of censoring stuff to remove it anytime soon. NGS maybe a new starting point but even.......

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That's another reason I'm sticking around, as I see that it's a resource issue. They likely made those changes within the past year, before the game launched or even had a closed beta, and don't have the time to go back and revert everything, so until they aren't as focused on New Genesis, changes (if any to be had in regards to reverting them back to original) likely won't be implemented.

Everyone's likely working from home with this Covid thing, so they are likely stretched thin, and under a time crunch.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed nah, even the global NGS trailer got censored