Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed If there are not any unforeseen problems, like what I mentioned about any extra security checks, I suppose they may take a little less to deliver a first usable version than whatever time they took for the original tweaker, given they now know what they are doing. Again, it all depends on what challenges NG presents to the tweaker team. As for a more fully completed version with subs and all that, IF Global is released at the same time, they could just borrow the sub from there and toss it on the tweaker version, at least to have a place to start from. Better have whatever translation the official team produces than no translation, after all.

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Aida-Enna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Playing the JP version is however complex for some, they should follow a guide to create the account, and enter false data to create the SEGA ID, which asks for residency in Japan.

Heya! Just wanted to clarify that creating a SEGA ID does not ask for a residency at all.

Sorry but in 2012 when I first created my SEGA ID account, they were asking for my residential address and Japanese phone number. There was a tutorial on how to create the account, with fake addresses and numbers where most users outside of japan used. I don't know if it's different today, however the fake informations are still present in my SEGA ID.

This is mine

Screenshot 2020-10-14 102149_proc.jpg

I tried to update the informations with my true address and phone number but they are not compatible with the field, then I tried to insert nothing and this is the result:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 102034_proc.jpg

So, in the end SEGA ID ask for some japanese informations.

This is why playing PSO2 JP is not really a good choice. It's easy to fake the informations but many people don't like these things.

I understand that your goal is to encourage people to use the Tweaker (you are the same Aida of the tweaker right?) and I understand your position, if you know a way to not enter false information to create a SEGA ID account, I would like to know it, mainly because I would like to have a legal account from every point of view, with the aim of playing NGS JP in the future. (Global will remain censored at this point)

Psst you don't need the japanese address anymore for NEW accounts.

Old accounts can't change out of that.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed If there are not any unforeseen problems, like what I mentioned about any extra security checks, I suppose they may take a little less to deliver a first usable version than whatever time they took for the original tweaker, given they now know what they are doing. Again, it all depends on what challenges NG presents to the tweaker team. As for a more fully completed version with subs and all that, IF Global is released at the same time, they could just borrow the sub from there and toss it on the tweaker version, at least to have a place to start from. Better have whatever translation the official team produces than no translation, after all.

Since they are being developed for a universal launch or at least I believe so? I wonder if JP will have just have a dropdown option to swap to English text? I've known some single player games in JP to have this feature but not really sure about things such as MMOs.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That would be really nice if they did that. Fingers crossed. It is possible, and they have taken notice of the foreign presence on the JP servers before. They may not officially acknowledge them, but they do know that that there is a decent portion of foreigners on the servers.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Well if they make NG with English stuff over there, and make it so people from the west can easily join and buy merch for that client, one effect it would have would be that people wanting the uncensored version wouldn't need to bother with global at all, and those on the other side of the issue wouldn't need to fight anyone. Other than a toggle or anything else, this would be the better solution because it would even keep those opposite sides completely separated, and in this case (and in many cases around the world), I strongly believe separation is the only solution.

@ZorokiHanuke The problem with that is that the characters are connected between games and those playing global wouldn't be able to have that connection between the games since their characters would be on different servers.

@Weirdo A few of the players wanting the uncensored content have characters on JP. They will just be porting their JP characters to JP NG. Those who don't have JP characters will have to weight which they want more. Their characters or an uncensored client. I mean, it's clear the game has added even more censors by now, and will most likely add more of it as more updates come. It seems to be part of the plan and that plan apparently won't change. So might as well cut your loses and move to JP if you are against censored content, or stay in Global and live with Communist PSO2.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo A few of the players wanting the uncensored content have characters on JP. They will just be porting their JP characters to JP NG. Those who don't have JP characters will have to weight which they want more. Their characters or an uncensored client. I mean, it's clear the game has added even more censors by now, and will most likely add more of it as more updates come. It seems to be part of the plan and that plan apparently won't change. So might as well cut your loses and move to JP if you are against censored content, or stay in Global and live with Communist PSO2.

Don't forget, if both releases are released simultaneously, then both clients will already have translated texts for english and Japanese.

So all you'd need to do is move the translated files over to which ever client you prefer to use.

The only massive problem for anyone outside of Japan would be how NGS handles the gameplay.

Is it clientside again like in standard PSO2? Or is it something different which can lead to problem with ping etc?

@SleeprunnerInc said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Don't forget, if both releases are released simultaneously, then both clients will already have translated texts for english and Japanese.

So all you'd need to do is move the translated files over to which ever client you prefer to use.

The only massive problem for anyone outside of Japan would be how NGS handles the gameplay.

Is it clientside again like in standard PSO2? Or is it something different which can lead to problem with ping etc?

Indeed there are way too many things still up in the air about how everything is going to work. Worst case scenario for people wanting the full experience is that Sega somehow enforces people playing on their respective regions through some software and network checks, if that's available. Still, people will find a way to get to the version they want. But again, I don't want to run ahead with assumptions. Let's just hope everyone can get what they want from the game, so the non needed hurtful comments and accusations between players can finally be ended.

The global servers are in US right? Can't imagine they will make ping a big issue for people across the world

Hi all, just checking in to let you know that this feedback is being reported. And for those who are against censorship, just know that your opinions are reflected too.

@GM-Deynger said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Hi all, just checking in to let you know that this feedback is being reported. And for those who are against censorship, just know that your opinions are reflected too.

I think that by now, only a few naysayers believe that GMs are not doing their job. I feel many know you are passing the message along, and I'm thankful of that. What none of us know, because the devs don't or can't talk, is if they are actually acknowledging any feedback other than surprise changes and/or pre-planned fixes as updates come.

Though in the case of censorship, what we see is an increment of now random things that don't even have to do with "loli/shota" content anymore, like the current example of the censored Harriet outfit compared to the completely uncensored FF outfit making no real sense. So by now, what I believe would at least give us a sort of state of things, would be some sort of dev open letter to the player base addressing not only the issue with censoring, but other issues like the missing descriptions and other matters which have been repeatedly touched on the forums.

For the GMs, what I can say is thanks for showing up and not hiding.

@GM-Deynger said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time a GM has ever directly referred to the issue being censorship. We might just be getting somewhere.

@GM-Deynger Thank you Deynger. Hopefully this means we're going somewhere, preferably in a good direction for less headaches.

Deynger, I really appreciate your job, thanks for letting us know.