Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

I really dislike the way they're just.... pasting the innerwear's texture onto the basewear. Censorship aside, it's lazy. Between this, and the default cast basewear getting the same treatment, it's all too obvious that it's getting censored because they're afraid of the character's breasts being exposed.

The thing is... you HAVE to wear an inner, there's no way around it. They're going to be covered up to some degree regardless. So why censor the basewear? There really isn't any reason to. All it does is limit peoples' options of using other inners, or body paints, with that outfit.

@Tarina It's so randomly done across the game, that the overall feeling I get is that these certain aspects were censored on a whim. No planning really, they just kind of played guess your Beethoven what would, or wouldn't be accepted in a global release.

Probably a worthless member of the Na team desperate to not be fired so they say "censor this for the kids" to the JP devs

@Diventure said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Probably a worthless member of the Na team desperate to not be fired so they say "censor this for the kids" to the JP devs

Meanwhile, and as I was brought to attention a few posts back when I was musing about saying the same thing, the FF outfit has the same exposed feature as the Harriet one for the chest, has no pants, and that one was not censored. So it's all starting to look more like a random bout of changes that modify some things but leaves others seemingly intact. All on an M rated game...

Any bets on what we'll get censored this week?

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Playing the JP version is however complex for some, they should follow a guide to create the account, and enter false data to create the SEGA ID, which asks for residency in Japan.

Heya! Just wanted to clarify that creating a SEGA ID does not ask for a residency at all.

@Laep said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@SleeprunnerInc Did you block gamer because he called you out after you were gushing about how normal it was for you to watch the children you have access to bathe and grope each other like the episode 4 cutscene in order to defend the episode 4 cutscene?

I blocked them because gamer kept asking if I got in to any questionable acts with them constantly.

(I worked with kids. Currently unemployed as my legs are busted.)

You can go check their post history for the topic.

The episode 4 cutscene still to this date, is not anything alarming nor bad.

All characters within that scene are 16+ even Aru who is Hitsugis avatar, making that avatar effectively 16 aswell.

So GG for trying to pin shit on me Laep.

@ZorokiHanuke And I agree, posting majority or minority in any text without proof to back it up is poor.

I am guilty of doing it probably at some point but I can't remember where so if anyone wants to point me out then do it.

I've recently went and completed yakuza 6 and noticed that Sega does do stupid censorship/block decisions elsewhere.

For instance, the finale of Yakuza 6 which the whole game builds up to.. The final segment with the cutscene, fight and after cutscenes are BLOCKED if you stream on PS4.

The game is 2 years old, if they were afraid of spoilers? They would have blocked past cutscenes in the game but for some reason it's just the final segment.

I would give them a benefit of a doubt if it's due to symbolism that's show in the final segments (You can probably find it on youtube SPOILERS FOR YAKUZA 6 PLAYERS it starts with Kiryu talking to Nagumo on the rooftop about only the two going. Afterwards all scenes and fights are blocked.) but so far I haven't found any evidence for this to be so.

I haven't logged on in a while due to playing through some other games like Genshin Impact. So Harriet's basewear was censored? I added it to the list. Anything else I need to add?

We will know tomorrow after maintenance, we might get more story afterall

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

I get on from time to time but I'm not too heavily invested myself since NGS is on the horizon

NGS being on the horizon makes me feel like all the money spent and everything I have done on PSO2's base game is fairly pointless

@Aida-Enna said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Michelle said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Playing the JP version is however complex for some, they should follow a guide to create the account, and enter false data to create the SEGA ID, which asks for residency in Japan.

Heya! Just wanted to clarify that creating a SEGA ID does not ask for a residency at all.

Sorry but in 2012 when I first created my SEGA ID account, they were asking for my residential address and Japanese phone number. There was a tutorial on how to create the account, with fake addresses and numbers where most users outside of japan used. I don't know if it's different today, however the fake informations are still present in my SEGA ID.

This is mine

Screenshot 2020-10-14 102149_proc.jpg

I tried to update the informations with my true address and phone number but they are not compatible with the field, then I tried to insert nothing and this is the result:

Screenshot 2020-10-14 102034_proc.jpg

So, in the end SEGA ID ask for some japanese informations.

This is why playing PSO2 JP is not really a good choice. It's easy to fake the informations but many people don't like these things.

I understand that your goal is to encourage people to use the Tweaker (you are the same Aida of the tweaker right?) and I understand your position, if you know a way to not enter false information to create a SEGA ID account, I would like to know it, mainly because I would like to have a legal account from every point of view, with the aim of playing NGS JP in the future. (Global will remain censored at this point)

@Lorelei-Moira said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

NGS being on the horizon makes me feel like all the money spent and everything I have done on PSO2's base game is fairly pointless

Pretty much, I know others might feel differently because of the small amount of stuff we can take forward with us but personally I'd rather wait for the superior product. There are plenty of other games coming out at the moment that take up my time.

with the aim of playing NGS JP in the future. (Global will remain censored at this point)

Speaking of, I wonder if maybe @Aida-Enna knows of when/if NGS will be tweaker available right from launch with subs?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Speaking of, I wonder if maybe Aida-Enna knows of when/if NGS will be tweaker available right from launch with subs?

Unless they have the source material to translate, and a copy of the client before it gets released, I doubt there will be a launch date tweaker. The team would need to do... whatever they did to the PSO2 JP launcher and client to make tweaker compatible with it and translate it. And we don't know if NG will come with other security features that would make using tweaker either a bannable offense on the spot (through any automated internal flags) or if the whole thing will be completely useless and either a new tweaker would need to be created, or if it's a no go case.

But yes, I'm not a pro on this and I'm talking on assumptions from past experiences. The tweaker devs will have a better answer than I. All I can say is to not get your hopes up.

@Michelle Just by the way, that's not a thing anymore. I want to say in either episode 4 or 5 they dropped that requirement for making new accounts, so the only obstacle now is a japanese captcha.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Unless they have the source material to translate, and a copy of the client before it gets released, I doubt there will be a launch date tweaker. The team would need to do... whatever they did to the PSO2 JP launcher and client to make tweaker compatible with it and translate it. And we don't know if NG will come with other security features that would make using tweaker either a bannable offense on the spot (through any automated internal flags) or if the whole thing will be completely useless and either a new tweaker would need to be created, or if it's a no go case.

But yes, I'm not a pro on this and I'm talking on assumptions from past experiences. The tweaker devs will have a better answer than I. All I can say is to not get your hopes up.

Ah yeah this is what I am thinking honestly. Which then begs the question how long would it take to get them going and would English JP players wait it out? I guess some probably wouldn't mind playing then starting over but too much work for me.