Episode 4 Limited?

Anyone can tell me why does it feel like Episode 4 rn is a bit... Cut? I'm already at chapter 4, but it stopped there for some reason??

I'm NOT gonna spoil the story, so don't worry. What I wanna know is why is the story for EP4 kinda split?

0936a39e-4704-487d-8d43-f8c8871ea527-image.png

I guess they want more time on translations? Perhaps they were not able to get everything recorded in English due to the pandemic. Haven't reached the end of EP4 story in Global, but I do know the ending.

I just reached the ending of that myself an hour ago and I wonder if that was split, but if that's how it ended, I pretty much understand why alot of people don't like it and their attempts to connect their slice of life/isekai anime with the world of the story's game. But I still enjoyed it in the end, even if it was the large issue people have with how the game told it's story in the first place... wait a second, I thought Episode 5 is where the cast goes into a medieval world and try...? to find some clues...? I guess?

@Guilrel Yeah EP5 is us going to the medieval world. It is also home to some of the best music in the game.

@Archetype-Luna And it's connected to Episode 4's ending that I got an hour ago or there's still more to episode 4 than I thought.

It'd be pretty weird to go over there after... what happened.

Given that EPISODE 6 is split into two parts in the roadmap... my best guess is that each EPISODE releases will be split into two parts story-wise.

They're waiting until releasing the raids, since they're more closely tied into the story than before.

So we have to wait for Episode 5 to get the rest of Episode 4?

@Foxkey At best each Episode might be given a two month focus. The rest of Episode 4 may not come till next month.

My question is are we at the end of episode 4 or are there more chapters to this episode?

@STEPPENWOLF-53 There's more chapters to this EPISODE.

@Archetype-Luna Already bought the soundtracks - Volumes 7 and 8.

@Leonkh99 Thanks for the info.

@Guilrel said in Episode 4 Limited?:

their attempts to connect their slice of life/isekai anime with the world of the story's game

Pretty sure it's the other way around. Mother had already been hinted at by Aurora. In fact her dialogue in the Episode 3 epilogue was chock full of foreshadowing.

@Archetype-Luna said in Episode 4 Limited?:

Yeah EP5 is us going to the medieval world. It is also home to some of the best music in the game.

It's supposedly a throwback to PSClassic which as I understand it, was veered more towards high fantasy. A lot of the sci-fi terms like techniques and forces were apparently first introduced in PSO, apparently before PSO they had MP and mages. Then PSU took it a step further and introduced photons.

@MisterJaySnek said in Episode 4 Limited?:

They're waiting until releasing the raids, since they're more closely tied into the story than before.

And yet they went past the summoning of Yamato without the Yamato raid. They gave us a trigger but that hardly counts...